blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 199215 times)
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: October 07, 2016, 11:59:07 PM »

Random, I know, but, I just spent a little time seeing who has scored in which quarter over the season so far... (Living the dream on a Friday night) But I like the score every quarter markets, at usually fairly good odds...

The Bengals and Falcons have only missed 1 qtr so far, the Bengals have played Jets, Steelers and Broncos (their one miss) all 3 of which are pretty tough defences, they travel to Dallas this weekend, so looks good.
The Falcons haven't had it as tough, their 1 miss came against the Raiders. They play the Broncos this week, so expect that to slump.

The Steelers and Saints, unsurprisingly have scored every quarter at home so far, admittedly only 2 games, but it's known the Brees always scores in NO, and Big Ben has some fairly obviously home/road splits, so makes sense.

Ravens have only missed a couple of quarters, while the Cardinals have yet to score in every quarter of a match.

I think I really need to get it organised by who concedes every quarter at home as well, that should give me some instruction on good matchups for these types of bets, should I want.

Which bookie does this? Not seen that market before.

Definitely good to know this stuff, but you're backing a 4 timer acca, so the odds are presumably going to be heavily in the house's favour.

Would you try to back against teams that are shallow in defence (like San Francisco last night), where the team is tiring or the weaker back ups are on the field and taking a pounding?

It's a market on bet365, not sure anywhere else offers it, although you can get it on request a bet on Skybet as well, as you say with it being essentially a 4fold acca, it's probably not a long term solution for making solid money, the faves are usually around 9/4, 11/4 that kind of area.

Arizona last night was one that if it was on a Sunday I would of probably looked at, with Bowman out, and after what Zeke did to them once he was out, I probably would of gone for Arizona scoring every qtr against them, luckily it was a Thursday night game and I went for individual players instead! (I know that doesn't really make sense but generally if there's only 1 match on i'll focus on an individual target, last night was David Johnson which was basically printing money.

Browns and Indy have conceded all but 1 quarter so far, Browns face NE this week (Pats are 6/4), who without Brady are yet to score every qtr, and the Colts face the Bears who haven't scored in every qtr of a single match yet. (Bears are 7/2) As mentioned Steelers have done every qtr at home, they're 7/4 this week.

I'll keep an eye of them for this week and see if anything pops up anyway, and if there is any correlation of whether it's just a case of knowing the game, I mean gamescript affects these kinds of things as well, Mike McCarthy for example at Green Bay will happily sat back if his team takes a decent lead and let the other team score a few (almost cost them the game v Detroit) so it'll need a bit of knowledge of situations as well as the bare stats

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 08, 2016, 09:29:48 AM »

Random, I know, but, I just spent a little time seeing who has scored in which quarter over the season so far... (Living the dream on a Friday night) But I like the score every quarter markets, at usually fairly good odds...

The Bengals and Falcons have only missed 1 qtr so far, the Bengals have played Jets, Steelers and Broncos (their one miss) all 3 of which are pretty tough defences, they travel to Dallas this weekend, so looks good.
The Falcons haven't had it as tough, their 1 miss came against the Raiders. They play the Broncos this week, so expect that to slump.

The Steelers and Saints, unsurprisingly have scored every quarter at home so far, admittedly only 2 games, but it's known the Brees always scores in NO, and Big Ben has some fairly obviously home/road splits, so makes sense.

Ravens have only missed a couple of quarters, while the Cardinals have yet to score in every quarter of a match.

I think I really need to get it organised by who concedes every quarter at home as well, that should give me some instruction on good matchups for these types of bets, should I want.

Which bookie does this? Not seen that market before.

Definitely good to know this stuff, but you're backing a 4 timer acca, so the odds are presumably going to be heavily in the house's favour.

Would you try to back against teams that are shallow in defence (like San Francisco last night), where the team is tiring or the weaker back ups are on the field and taking a pounding?

It's a market on bet365, not sure anywhere else offers it, although you can get it on request a bet on Skybet as well, as you say with it being essentially a 4fold acca, it's probably not a long term solution for making solid money, the faves are usually around 9/4, 11/4 that kind of area.

Arizona last night was one that if it was on a Sunday I would of probably looked at, with Bowman out, and after what Zeke did to them once he was out, I probably would of gone for Arizona scoring every qtr against them, luckily it was a Thursday night game and I went for individual players instead! (I know that doesn't really make sense but generally if there's only 1 match on i'll focus on an individual target, last night was David Johnson which was basically printing money.

Browns and Indy have conceded all but 1 quarter so far, Browns face NE this week (Pats are 6/4), who without Brady are yet to score every qtr, and the Colts face the Bears who haven't scored in every qtr of a single match yet. (Bears are 7/2) As mentioned Steelers have done every qtr at home, they're 7/4 this week.

I'll keep an eye of them for this week and see if anything pops up anyway, and if there is any correlation of whether it's just a case of knowing the game, I mean gamescript affects these kinds of things as well, Mike McCarthy for example at Green Bay will happily sat back if his team takes a decent lead and let the other team score a few (almost cost them the game v Detroit) so it'll need a bit of knowledge of situations as well as the bare stats

6/4 would mean backing the Pats at 4/11 to score in any given quarter. Some quarters are more likely than others (Pats are likely to defer if they win the toss, so maybe they will be slightly more likely to score in the second and third quarters than in the first and fourth?)

I would have thought the best way to do your acca is to pick specific quarters you fancy the bookies have priced up wrongly in games and acca those. Seems like you have the data for that to take advantage if there's a duff price. Higher variance probably but more chance of a profit.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: October 08, 2016, 01:47:39 PM »

Not sure there's anywhere that will let you bet specific quarters. Can pick the highest scoring quarter I believe. But not score in or not score in (that I know of)

Few bigger priced anytime scorers I found this morning. Gillislee for the Bills at 6/1. Shady looks like he'll be out with a hand. So it'll be between him and Reggie Bush. Iron Mike is the better of those two. (Seems McCoy isn't bad and will likely play so scratch that)

Kenneth Dixon was available at 8s this morning for the Ravens. He's gonna debut this weekend and while West will be the no. 1 he should get in on the action. Was as low as 9/5 at other places. Playing an awful run defence.

Last up was Austin Hooper for the Falcons. A ailable at 10s, they're playing Denver who are the best (or second best) D in the opaque. But they historically can be beaten by tight ends.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:51:59 PM by Cavey007 » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 08, 2016, 02:18:52 PM »

Not sure there's anywhere that will let you bet specific quarters. Can pick the highest scoring quarter I believe. But not score in or not score in (that I know of)

Few bigger priced anytime scorers I found this morning. Gillislee for the Bills at 6/1. Shady looks like he'll be out with a hand. So it'll be between him and Reggie Bush. Iron Mike is the better of those two. (Seems McCoy isn't bad and will likely play so scratch that)

Kenneth Dixon was available at this morning for the Ravens. He's gonna debut this weekend and while West will be the no. 1 he should get in on the action. Was as low as 9/5 at other places. Playing an awful run defence.

Last up was Austin Hooper for the Falcons. A ailable at 10s, they're playing Denver who are the best (or second best) D in the opaque. But they historically can be beaten by tight ends.

Bush is done. I can see him being cut soon. The Bills will re-sign Karlos Williams in the next couple of weeks, although it's not clear yet whether it'll be to the practice squad. If it's to the main roster, it could be at the expense of Bush. They need a vertical runner desperately.

What's absolutely clear is that the Bills know the gap between Shady and the rest of the backfield is too wide.

It's quite possible our best 5 offensive linemen start this Sunday. We will need them.

There's been a bit of talk about the Rams being weak at corner. I think the problem for them is they have dominated against the run, kept games tight (week one aside) and forced teams to throw, which inevitably means the corners give a few up. Football Outsiders has them as performing 8th best against deep passes this season.

Jeff Fisher and Rex Ryan. Two coaches who flatter to deceive, who are riding high and have a winnable game ahead, so you expect them to lose. This is the hardest game to call this weekend IMO. Could be under 25 points or could be over 60. I've not the faintest clue.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:20:42 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: October 08, 2016, 05:01:16 PM »

Kenneth Dixon was available at this morning for the Ravens. He's gonna debut this weekend and while West will be the no. 1 he should get in on the action. Was as low as 9/5 at other places. Playing an awful run defence.

Bush is done. I can see him being cut soon. The Bills will re-sign Karlos Williams in the next couple of weeks, although it's not clear yet whether it'll be to the practice squad. If it's to the main roster, it could be at the expense of Bush. They need a vertical runner desperately.

What's absolutely clear is that the Bills know the gap between Shady and the rest of the backfield is too wide.

It's quite possible our best 5 offensive linemen start this Sunday. We will need them.

There's been a bit of talk about the Rams being weak at corner. I think the problem for them is they have dominated against the run, kept games tight (week one aside) and forced teams to throw, which inevitably means the corners give a few up. Football Outsiders has them as performing 8th best against deep passes this season.

Jeff Fisher and Rex Ryan. Two coaches who flatter to deceive, who are riding high and have a winnable game ahead, so you expect them to lose. This is the hardest game to call this weekend IMO. Could be under 25 points or could be over 60. I've not the faintest clue.

As you say. A very tough match to call. Has the potential to be the worst game of the week. But could be a shootout. Woods has done ok for you filling in for Sammy hasn't he. Agree with Bush. He can offer a little but not really worth a roster spot. I'm amazed no-one has snapped up Williams. He must be in worse shape than we think. McCoy in fairness is a fair distance ahead of a lot of RBs in the league. I personally really like Gillislee so would of been happy to see McCoy ruled out!

Kenneth Dixon price has gone. Now best of 7/2 Sad

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 08, 2016, 05:58:10 PM »

Looking at tmmr NFL .. It’s a very tough week to call in the NFL and I think we have already spotted the best two bets nice and early.. but.. Atlanta goes to Denver on a massive high smashing in points all over the place.. Trouble is it’s been against teams that cannot defend.. and I mean really bad defensive teams Tampa Bay, Raiders, New Orleans and the panthers who without Josh Norman in the secondary look a shadow of the defence of last year.. Step forward Denver’s ferocious pass rush and top tier secondary.. Matt Ryan Atlanta’s QB isn’t going to get the time to chuck the ball 40 yards down the field before getting smashed in the teeth by Von mIller and his crew.. look for Atlanta to go behind early as they too cannot defend and then chase desperately with Ryan putting the ball up for Denver’s secondary to feed on.. I like Denver -4.5 here...

Eagles at Detroit.. Wentz rookie QB for the Eagles is playing like a well oiled machine and has an array of weapons and have won their 3 games this season by +19..+15 and + 31.. add to that the number one defence in the league against a Lions offense that has no run game and very few top targets for Stafford to throw to now Megatron has retired.. They couldn’t even beat Tennessee at home last week who are one of the lowest scoring offences in the league..
Have to love eagles -3 here..singles and doubles gents

If you want to add in one for the treble... Houston to score under 17... They go to Minnesota who has the most fearsome defence in the league.. No team has scored more than 14 points against them all season and their new superdome stadium is as intimidating as they come.. Houston has no run game and one top receiving option in Hopkins... Look for the Vikings shutdown secondary to be all over him with Xavier Rhodes shadowing him like he did with Odell beckham junior last week

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 08, 2016, 06:13:13 PM »

Another one - Seth Roberts Anytime TD (or First TD for a bit more of a gamble) for OAK vs SD on Sunday.

Roberts is Derek Carr's go-to option in the Red Zone as the Slot Receiver. Normally the Raiders like to run in their TDs and up until last week. Roberts was the only man to catch a passing TD for the entire season. SD has a hell of a lot better rush DEF than their passing DEF.

Roberts is best 23/10 for the anytime TD, 10/1 first OAK TD with Ladbrokes.

He's also 25/1 first TD overall with Billy Hills.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: October 08, 2016, 09:13:29 PM »

Another one - Seth Roberts Anytime TD (or First TD for a bit more of a gamble) for OAK vs SD on Sunday.

Roberts is Derek Carr's go-to option in the Red Zone as the Slot Receiver. Normally the Raiders like to run in their TDs and up until last week. Roberts was the only man to catch a passing TD for the entire season. SD has a hell of a lot better rush DEF than their passing DEF.

Roberts is best 23/10 for the anytime TD, 10/1 first OAK TD with Ladbrokes.

He's also 25/1 first TD overall with Billy Hills.

They should get at least 4 tds tomorrow against the chargers. On the ground Lat. Murray is out. DeAndre Washington will probably be there. He's around 11/4 (annoyingly I thought I'd get higher) I'd be happy to take him. In the air, My only issue with Roberts is that they should be ahead in this matchup but have to score TDs stoll they're currently 8/9 in red zone this year. Personally I'd look at Crabtree. But as a bigger bet Roberts and Walford are definitely tempting! I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see Roberts hitting the first td

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: October 08, 2016, 09:21:45 PM »

Actually think the black unicorn. Martellus Bennett is practically guaranteed at whatever price you can get him tomorrow. Gronk is nowhere near healthy. If they play 2 tight end sets with Brady in his first game back. He'll ignore the coverage on Gronk and aim for Bennett. I've got him at 9/4 on Billys. Seems 12/5 is there on Irish or betfair

Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 09, 2016, 12:33:49 AM »

They should get at least 4 tds tomorrow against the chargers. On the ground Lat. Murray is out. DeAndre Washington will probably be there. He's around 11/4 (annoyingly I thought I'd get higher) I'd be happy to take him. In the air, My only issue with Roberts is that they should be ahead in this matchup but have to score TDs stoll they're currently 8/9 in red zone this year. Personally I'd look at Crabtree. But as a bigger bet Roberts and Walford are definitely tempting! I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see Roberts hitting the first td

I'm not sure how they'll split carries between him and Jalen Richard, plus we're one of the few teams that still carry a fullback (Jamize Olawale) on the roster who has a rushing TD this year, he'll probs get carries near the goal line, too. Historically we'd start Marcel Reece in these kind of spots, but he got suspended then cut this offseason, so it's anybody's guess what we do with splitting the carries between the two rookies and Olawale.

Think Seth Roberts is a good shout, mind.

Taken u42.5 in the Miami game because Hurricane Matthew.
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 09, 2016, 01:39:02 PM »

Game day can't come around quick enough...Backed jets +7.5 lions +4 bengals-2 in a treble more out of hope than expectation.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: October 09, 2016, 03:33:44 PM »

Game day can't come around quick enough...Backed jets +7.5 lions +4 bengals-2 in a treble more out of hope than expectation.

Did my write ups this morning and put a shovel full of bets on, then have that horrible 6 hours to wait until game time. Was hoping/expecting the Bengals game to be on TV tonight, a) it'll be a good game, and b) the Cowboys are usually on TV but they've gone for Falcons v Broncos. Which in fairness is a good choice, best offence v best defence, should be a good game. As much as I dislike Talib and his bunch of lovely chaps.

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: October 10, 2016, 09:29:03 AM »

Well. The Bengals sucked again. Can't establish the run. Or stop anyone else's. The pats are going to smash them next week Sad Zeke looks the real deal. Getting better every week.

40pts up on my blog last night. Into profit for the season finally. And that was after I removed Henry and Crabtree both to score at 5/1 as well.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 10, 2016, 09:40:20 AM »

Nice to see the Cowboys OL completely mash up Peko and Atkins. threw them about luike rag dolls

meanwhile

Most Pass Att Before 1st Career Int

2000-01 T. Brady 162
2016 D. Prescott 155 and counting
2016 C. Wentz 135
1984 W. Moon 131

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: October 10, 2016, 10:31:45 AM »

Nice to see the Cowboys OL completely mash up Peko and Atkins. threw them about luike rag dolls

meanwhile

Most Pass Att Before 1st Career Int

2000-01 T. Brady 162
2016 D. Prescott 155 and counting
2016 C. Wentz 135
1984 W. Moon 131

I know you not big on backing/bragging on the Cowboys but I assume you are getting a little excited now?  Not talking SB 2016 excited but the pair (Prescott & Elliott) do look a bit special.  I know this OL can make anyone look good but this pair are beyond that?  You see a bright Cowboy future in Tightland?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: