blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 199182 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 09, 2017, 06:05:31 PM »

Not sure you could describe a Hail Mary as landing it in a bucket as he's just getting it into the end zone and hoping his guys get there.

Some really interesting match ups next week tho, the Dallas game could be great and unusual in a way with probably the main match up being can the Dallas O keep the ball away from the Green Bay O to limit the opportunities Rodgers has to beat them. Elliott could get 30 carries there if Dallas lead.

Can Seattle arrest their poor away splits against a dynamite O in Atlanta?  Badly missing Earl Tomas and Sherman likely to shadow Jones they seem likely to attack the soft middle of the Seattle D with crossing routes,TE's or Passes to RB's.

Seattle's O could win them the game tho against that Atlanta D but Wilson going to have to have a big game.

The one game I am really looking forward to is the Kansas v Pitts game, Pitts fans are renowned travellers for their away games but home advantage in Kansas is probably only 2nd to Seattle and that crowd will be worth a point or two. Add that to Pittsburghs poorer away splits and Ben nicking his ankle last night Kansas deffo look the right favs to me now.

Is Brock Oswieler really that bad? Most of his interceptions are when he's trying to force the ball to Hopkins in marginal spots. One thing we know Pats will do is try to take away the oppos best player so Brock prob not going to be looking for Hopkins downfield much in this game. The two TE's and Milker look the way forward. If Pats get into a big lead their D could then have a field day but if Houston can get Miller going early and get some early points on the board could their D do enough for them to cover the Hcap. The good thing about getting 16 start is you need to be 25 points behind before your bet is in real trouble and play off games don't feature many bad teams. Pats will almost certainly choose to kick off if they win the toss too so If Houston can put a scoring drive together or even a good field position drive early on we might see a low scoring start.

The great thing about getting 16 start is if your team start a drive on their own 20' get it to the halfway line and then punt it away inside their oppos 15 yard line and take 3-4 minutes off the clock that's a good drive for your bet. Will the Pats just blow them away tho?

I can't wait.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 09, 2017, 06:11:34 PM »

He's hit a few

NFL is the greatest sport, ever!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 09, 2017, 06:18:22 PM »

Not sure you could describe a Hail Mary as landing it in a bucket as he's just getting it into the end zone and hoping his guys get there.

Some really interesting match ups next week tho, the Dallas game could be great and unusual in a way with probably the main match up being can the Dallas O keep the ball away from the Green Bay O to limit the opportunities Rodgers has to beat them. Elliott could get 30 carries there if Dallas lead.

Can Seattle arrest their poor away splits against a dynamite O in Atlanta?  Badly missing Earl Tomas and Sherman likely to shadow Jones they seem likely to attack the soft middle of the Seattle D with crossing routes,TE's or Passes to RB's.

Seattle's O could win them the game tho against that Atlanta D but Wilson going to have to have a big game.

The one game I am really looking forward to is the Kansas v Pitts game, Pitts fans are renowned travellers for their away games but home advantage in Kansas is probably only 2nd to Seattle and that crowd will be worth a point or two. Add that to Pittsburghs poorer away splits and Ben nicking his ankle last night Kansas deffo look the right favs to me now.

Is Brock Oswieler really that bad? Most of his interceptions are when he's trying to force the ball to Hopkins in marginal spots. One thing we know Pats will do is try to take away the oppos best player so Brock prob not going to be looking for Hopkins downfield much in this game. The two TE's and Milker look the way forward. If Pats get into a big lead their D could then have a field day but if Houston can get Miller going early and get some early points on the board could their D do enough for them to cover the Hcap. The good thing about getting 16 start is you need to be 25 points behind before your bet is in real trouble and play off games don't feature many bad teams. Pats will almost certainly choose to kick off if they win the toss too so If Houston can put a scoring drive together or even a good field position drive early on we might see a low scoring start.

The great thing about getting 16 start is if your team start a drive on their own 20' get it to the halfway line and then punt it away inside their oppos 15 yard line and take 3-4 minutes off the clock that's a good drive for your bet. Will the Pats just blow them away tho?

I can't wait.

Rodgers, he's thrown it right to the edge of the end zone. give him the benefit of the doubt that he's positioned it a touch. no one else gets the trajectory on hail mary's that he does. of course the DBs got it wrong, got to have all the offensive players n front of them

how do you think the Seattle OL holds up against Vic Beasley? OL protection has been markedly worse on the road than it has been in Seattle. set against that, Wilson is more mobile than he was for much of the season with the knee brace.

really looking forward to KC/Pitt too

that Houston D is wonderful. quite funny that Bill O'Brien was at risk of being fired when the owners gave him Osweiler and he built that D. Think they need Lamar Miller (not quite fully fit v the raiders) to be at 100% at the Pats so they can run some clock and churn some yards. if he is then +16 has a shot.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 09, 2017, 06:49:42 PM »

Seattle O line just going to struggle again, George Fant looks abs lost on some plays. GM is pretty good and obviously decided his QB was so mobile he could avoid pass rushers and cause havoc on the ground so took a conscious decision not to spend heavily on the O line. Think bringing Marcel Reece in a few weeks ago to play full back was a good thing in protection and creating some holes for the run game.

If Atlanta score 20-24 then Seattle probably win, if it's 30-34 then it's going to be tough. Prob I see is as mentioned in match comms last few weeks teams have worked out that getting the ball out early negates the Seattle pass rush and with Chancellor still iffy against TE's and that middle area the softer part of the D it just looks like Atlanta will just avoid the strength and attack the weak part of the D.

That Atlanta D is weak tho, I guess it's down to who do you like to score the most points if Sherman takes Jones out of the game on enough plays.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 09, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »

You going out if the Hawks make it, Phil?

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: January 09, 2017, 08:56:51 PM »

Seattle O line just going to struggle again, George Fant looks abs lost on some plays. GM is pretty good and obviously decided his QB was so mobile he could avoid pass rushers and cause havoc on the ground so took a conscious decision not to spend heavily on the O line. Think bringing Marcel Reece in a few weeks ago to play full back was a good thing in protection and creating some holes for the run game.

If Atlanta score 20-24 then Seattle probably win, if it's 30-34 then it's going to be tough. Prob I see is as mentioned in match comms last few weeks teams have worked out that getting the ball out early negates the Seattle pass rush and with Chancellor still iffy against TE's and that middle area the softer part of the D it just looks like Atlanta will just avoid the strength and attack the weak part of the D.

That Atlanta D is weak tho, I guess it's down to who do you like to score the most points if Sherman takes Jones out of the game on enough plays.

Stat wise. They've actually done well vs the tight end this year. Only given up 3 TDs to them and 5th fewest yards to TE

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 09, 2017, 09:22:05 PM »

Stat wise. They've actually done well vs the tight end this year. Only given up 3 TDs to them and 5th fewest yards to TE

You have to mine those stats tho bud.

They have played 6 Div games against Zona, Rams and 49ers. Gresham, Kendricks and the 49ers pair are amongst the worst in the league. The out of Div games featured Miami, Jets, Atlanta, Buffalo, Tampa. That's 11 games where the best TE they have faced is Cameron Brate and most of those games where before Earl Thomas got injured too.

After 3 weeks of the season the stats and analysts were marvelling that Philly had the best D in the league (and they had played Cleveland, Chicago and Pitts at home In a game that Pitts struggled) and were 3 point favs away at Detroit.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 09, 2017, 09:25:41 PM »

Very doubtful mate, the exchange rate is so bad it's just so expensive now and you are already paying well over the odds for SB tickets too.  I might go to the Conference final if it's Seattle v Green Bay but prob not if its in Dallas.

You booked your Vegas trip yet?

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: January 09, 2017, 09:26:40 PM »

You have to mine those stats tho bud.

They have played 6 Div games against Zona, Rams and 49ers. Gresham, Kendricks and the 49ers pair are amongst the worst in the league. The out of Div games featured Miami, Jets, Atlanta, Buffalo, Tampa. That's 11 games where the best TE they have faced is Cameron Brate and most of those games where before Earl Thomas got injured too.

After 3 weeks of the season the stats and analysts were marvelling that Philly had the best D in the league (and they had played Cleveland, Chicago and Pitts at home In a game that Pitts struggled) and were 3 point favs away at Detroit.

That's a very fair point. The joy of stats! Atlanta do love to get their tight ends involved too no matter which one of the 4 or 5 it is. Ryan has thrown TD s to 13 different players. 10 of them have multiple TDs over the season. First player to ever do that (I think those numbers are correct. Heard it a few times last week)

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 09, 2017, 09:41:25 PM »

Very doubtful mate, the exchange rate is so bad it's just so expensive now and you are already paying well over the odds for SB tickets too.  I might go to the Conference final if it's Seattle v Green Bay but prob not if its in Dallas.

You booked your Vegas trip yet?

It's definitely a painful exchange rate. I bought some $ on my FairFX account, and had a look through it to see past rates. I wish I hadn't as we've lost 45c against the dollar since 2014.

Yeah, I'll going out in June/July, but slumming it downtown again, and spending more time in the food court this year.

MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 09, 2017, 10:43:01 PM »

Completely agree with this statement.

DB's and Cobb are to be congratulated for the hail mary score.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 10, 2017, 04:56:28 PM »

Over the last 2 seasons Rodgers is 3/5, and the rest of the NFL is 6/32

#ABomb Wink

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:58:01 PM by Marky147 » Logged

Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 11, 2017, 12:50:41 AM »

Just seen this from the official Cowboys Twitter:

https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/818935714905735169/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 12, 2017, 06:18:49 PM »

It is now the LA Chargers

playing in the 27000 stub hub centre for 2 years, then sharing with the Rams

a shame really. neither the owners, league or city of san diego come out with much credit

looks like the Vegas Raiders is happening too

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 12, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »

It is now the LA Chargers

playing in the 27000 stub hub centre for 2 years, then sharing with the Rams

There goes our annual road game home advantage for the next two years, even the Chargers can just about sell out 27k.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: