blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3141 3142 3143 3144 [3145] 3146 3147 3148 3149 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6349600 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47160 on: October 13, 2016, 01:26:34 PM »

I'm more than a little bit shocked at the sight of chips on that miserable excuse for a breakfast platter.

Positively uncouth.

I hope you do like the natives and have the traditional Scandinavian breakfast of soused herrings and cream whilst adventuring.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47161 on: October 13, 2016, 01:52:57 PM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47162 on: October 13, 2016, 01:55:20 PM »

Whilst the world of Internet and Team Lol never misses a chance to diss Ryanair, with their flights averaging a load factor of 95% or so, here's what it was like on BA 0758 from Heathrow to Bergen this morning.

There were exactly 22 souls in board, including 2 drivers, and three stewards/esses.

Still, it was really rather enjoyable to have the plane almost to ourselves, flying is much more pleasant when the general public, who are all so uncouth and common, are absent.

These photos were taken during flight, in case anyone suspects otherwise.

BA, the world's loneliest airline.

Has a certain ring to it, I'd say.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:04:46 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47163 on: October 13, 2016, 01:55:53 PM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47164 on: October 13, 2016, 01:56:22 PM »

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47165 on: October 13, 2016, 02:27:50 PM »

Drivers?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #47166 on: October 13, 2016, 04:04:59 PM »

Whilst the world of Internet and Team Lol never misses a chance to diss Ryanair, with their flights averaging a load factor of 95% or so, here's what it was like on BA 0758 from Heathrow to Bergen this morning.

There were exactly 22 souls in board, including 2 drivers, and three stewards/esses.

Still, it was really rather enjoyable to have the plane almost to ourselves, flying is much more pleasant when the general public, who are all so uncouth and common, are absent.

These photos were taken during flight, in case anyone suspects otherwise.

BA, the world's loneliest airline.

Has a certain ring to it, I'd say.
Had the fun of being one of 12 on a Lufthansa flight from Barcelona to Frankfurt once. 8 of the 12 being Celtic fans celebrating knocking Barca out of the UEFA cup. The Stewardess caught on quick, sat behind us & kept the beer trolley there. Nice beer on Lufthansa Cheesy

Changed at Frankfurt, onto plane for Glasgow, same plane, same crew, same again Cheesy

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #47167 on: October 13, 2016, 04:06:59 PM »

Yeah so why didn't you take the Ryanair flight to Bergen?

Oh wait that goes to Tromso with a bus the rest of the way.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47168 on: October 13, 2016, 04:49:36 PM »

I'm not the greatest flyer and often feel more secure when there are lots of souls on board, like the driver is gonna be more focussed, more pressured to do things just so. One time I took a small jet from Dallas to Arkansas with just me and a colleague on board, kept thinking fml if this goes down in the woods it wont even make the news!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:10:28 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47169 on: October 13, 2016, 05:20:30 PM »

not the most exciting question, but intersted to know how expensive you find it over there with sterling where it is.

every day stuff..lattes, train rides, meals for two etc etc

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47170 on: October 13, 2016, 06:00:02 PM »

not the most exciting question, but intersted to know how expensive you find it over there with sterling where it is.

Surely it can't be more expensive than the airport cafe or the pie shop?

The older I get, the better I was.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #47171 on: October 13, 2016, 06:53:28 PM »

I'm in agreement, but can't help laugh at how much that overpriced pie has offended you Red Cheesy

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47172 on: October 13, 2016, 06:59:57 PM »

I'm in agreement, but can't help laugh at how much that overpriced pie has offended you Red Cheesy

There is a line, and that pie crossed it.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #47173 on: October 13, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »

There is a line, and that pie crossed it.

Cheesy

Hope you both have a great time, and don't get skinned for any €35 breakfasts.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47174 on: October 13, 2016, 08:22:38 PM »

Staggeringly, eye-wateringly, jaw dropping expensive.

A latte is around a fiver.

We just had a regular dinner at the fish market, not in the least posh or anything, sort of working class place.

I had fish and chips, Gill had prawns and a side salad, plus a sparkling water, a coke and a latte. That came to £48.

Fish soup at the fish market was £20.

To be fair, we are using a sort of easy reference to translate kroners to sterling, just divide by 10, so perhaps that is unfair or inaccurate.

A pack of Prince cigarettes costs 120 kroner, or so I am told.

Gill has been perusing the shops, as is her want, and can't believe how expensive stuff is. Might be as we are in a tourist area I guess.

We spent an hour at Bergen Railway Station - a tourist must see, obv - and the cost of train tickets seems high. Bergen to Oslo comes in at 720 kroners for a single.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:26:03 PM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3141 3142 3143 3144 [3145] 3146 3147 3148 3149 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: