blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:55:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015  (Read 34604 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2015, 11:33:57 PM »

Will Delph be the most hated footballer by one set of fans since Sol Campbell?

Why on earth would he even make that statement a couple of days ago?

Hasn't he seen what has happened to Rodwell, Sinclair and Sagna?

Prediction: He will sit on the bench for Manchester City for 2 seasons and then leave having played 14 times (11 times as sub).

Not sure what Rodwell, Sinclair and Sagna have to do with anything. Rodwell was a sicknote and couldn't get in the Sunderland team at the end of last season. Sinclair is just shit - hardly started when he was on loan for the season at WBA even when he was fit and only started 5 league games with Villa in the half season he was there. Sagna signed as a 31 year old cover for Zabaletta and started 8 games in the league and 3 games in the CL so can't see a problem with that.

Delph is in a different league certainly to Rodwell and Sinclair and a different class completely.  Let's not forget he is ahead of Milner for England at the moment and he has not been bought to City to just sit on the bench. He is competing with Fernando (shit) and Fernandinho (excellent but not getting any younger) and is pretty certain to get a reasonable amount of game time. Milner certianly did.

Rodwell was the hottest young player in the country when he joined.

Sinclair joined on the back of a phenominal season at Swansea.

Neither were given any chance to show what they could do at Maine Road. I suspect Delph will suffer the same fate.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2015, 11:47:21 PM »

Prediction: He will sit on the bench for Manchester City for 2 seasons and then leave having played 14 times (11 times as sub).

Hardest decision he has ever had to make, pah.  What about when you left Bradford City sunshine? 

Mark my words, he is going to regret it just as much as that Tom Cleverley did.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2015, 11:53:29 PM »

United got two medicals lined up for next week Romero & bale/ronaldo

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2015, 11:55:41 PM »

He's not even that good is he?

£8M is peanuts for an English player's buyout clause in this day and age.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2015, 12:06:54 AM »

He's terrible. It's a sad indictment of English football that he's a regular in the national team now.

He passes sideways only and isn't that great a tackler.

I'd call him a water carrier, but he'd probably spill it all.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2015, 12:34:18 AM »

Not sure what Rodwell, Sinclair and Sagna have to do with anything. Rodwell was a sicknote and couldn't get in the Sunderland team at the end of last season. Sinclair is just shit - hardly started when he was on loan for the season at WBA even when he was fit and only started 5 league games with Villa in the half season he was there. Sagna signed as a 31 year old cover for Zabaletta and started 8 games in the league and 3 games in the CL so can't see a problem with that.

Delph is in a different league certainly to Rodwell and Sinclair and a different class completely.  Let's not forget he is ahead of Milner for England at the moment and he has not been bought to City to just sit on the bench. He is competing with Fernando (shit) and Fernandinho (excellent but not getting any younger) and is pretty certain to get a reasonable amount of game time. Milner certianly did.

Rodwell was the hottest young player in the country when he joined.

Sinclair joined on the back of a phenominal season at Swansea.

Neither were given any chance to show what they could do at Maine Road. I suspect Delph will suffer the same fate.

Rodwell hottest young player in the country when he joined? LOL.  He had great "potential" and had done for years previously but it was not fully fullfilled because he was a sick note. Mancini included him early doors when he signed for City but he then was repeatedly injured. Pelle came in and didn't fancy him inbetween injuries.

Sinclair had good seasons with Swansea and its true he wasn't given a chance. He is the ONLY player City have bought  since the takeover in 2008 that hasn't really been given a chance. He was bought for relative buttons and Mancini didn't want him. It was the cause of  a big fallout between Mancini and Marwood and this fallout was the beginning of the end for Mancini. Sinclair isn't very good tho and hence he hasnt established himself anywhere else in the last couple of years.

I agree Delph won't get to show what he can do at Maine Rd Smiley I'm optimistic about his chances at the Etihad...

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2015, 12:39:35 AM »

He only signed his Villa contract in January. He would have been a free agent in the summer so in that context it is no bad thing. In anycase the £8 million buy-out clause was only if a CL team came in for him.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2015, 12:43:11 AM »

He's terrible. It's a sad indictment of English football that he's a regular in the national team now.

Terrible? LOL.

Getting picked ahead of Milner as well who is a brilliant signing for Liverpool....
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2015, 12:54:06 AM »

I am sure he has seen the three of them earn triple what he was earning at villa and thought as an England reg 'i need some of that'.  I can't imagine he was too happy about his number 1 forward leaving villa either. 

Camel question for you '£400k a year to work for betway or 32red or £100k a year to work for the big 4 in the betting industry ala betfair/hills/365/whoever else'  What do you choose?  People need to realise this is a job for these guys.  The vast majority of them really don't care like most of the blondes on here do.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2015, 12:54:56 AM »

I am sure he has seen the three of them earn triple what he was earning at villa and thought as an England reg 'i need some of that'.  I can't imagine he was too happy about his number 1 forward leaving villa either. 

Camel question for you '£400k a year to work for betway or 32red or £100k a year to work for the big 4 in the betting industry ala betfair/hills/365/whoever else'  What do you choose? People need to realise this is a job for these guys.  The vast majority of them really don't care like most of the blondes on here do.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2015, 01:06:00 AM »

Camel question for you '£400k a year to work for betway or 32red or £100k a year to work for the big 4 in the betting industry ala betfair/hills/365/whoever else'  What do you choose?  People need to realise this is a job for these guys.  The vast majority of them really don't care like most of the blondes on here do.

There's no comparison - because the difference earning 2k per week and 8k per week would significantly alter my life.

The increase in utility of earning 50k and 200k per week (I doubt Delph is getting a 4x pay rise BTW) is much much smaller.

Earning 50k pw is more than any person could ever hope to spend. As is 200k pw. It really makes very little difference.

So I would work where I'm happier, have most friends and feel most appreciated.

If I was a footballer, I wouldn't feel appreciated sitting on the subs bench every week.

If he plays, fair enough, make the move. But I will shocked if he's a regular starter for Man City.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2015, 01:11:08 AM »

Terrible? LOL.

Getting picked ahead of Milner as well who is a brilliant signing for Liverpool....

He plays in completely different position to Milner.

England is fairly strong in terms of players who play in wide positions. Can think of 5 players who are internatonal class alongside Milner.

But woefully weak in defensive midfield. That's why Delph gets picked.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2015, 01:16:09 AM »

Really, I don't blame Delph for taking the money. He's a crap player and going to be massively overpaid.

But he deserves everything that's coming to him from Villa fans after making that statement just 6 days ago.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2015, 01:54:07 AM »

There's no comparison - because the difference earning 2k per week and 8k per week would significantly alter my life.

The increase in utility of earning 50k and 200k per week (I doubt Delph is getting a 4x pay rise BTW) is much much smaller.

Earning 50k pw is more than any person could ever hope to spend. As is 200k pw. It really makes very little difference.

So I would work where I'm happier, have most friends and feel most appreciated.

If I was a footballer, I wouldn't feel appreciated sitting on the subs bench every week.

If he plays, fair enough, make the move. But I will shocked if he's a regular starter for Man City.

That is fine if you live a £50k lifestyle on £400k wages.  These footballers don't.  They live right up to the wages lifestyle wise which is why so many go skint so they really do think they need their pay rises in their own little world.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2015, 02:10:35 AM »

Really, I don't blame Delph for taking the money. He's a crap player and going to be massively overpaid.

But he deserves everything that's coming to him from Villa fans after making that statement just 6 days ago.

Why when Villa have basically just torn their team apart this summer and he would be left playing on a shit team on shit wages after villa have just sold their best player.  I think their CEO needs to do some serious work on the transfer fee trigger amounts for major players contracts as clubs are just smashing the current levels for their best players out of the ground.  There hasn't even been a bidding war for either Villa player really yet the min trigger amounts have been reached easily and both players poached away for substantially less than they would probably have received if a bidding war was allowed to start.  You have to remember the huge increase in TV money flooding into the game makes average salaries sky rocket and being on £100k a week in a couple of years is totally going to be the norm in the EPL.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: