blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:04:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General transfer discussion thread Summer 2015  (Read 34618 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2015, 02:11:27 AM »

Just like these NBA fish, that earn 9 figures during their careers, and still manage to go skint.

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2015, 02:14:07 AM »

Really, I don't blame Delph for taking the money. He's a crap player and going to be massively overpaid.

But he deserves everything that's coming to him from Villa fans after making that statement just 6 days ago.

Saw him for Leeds v Brighton  in league 1. Looked like he would become a superstar. Hasn't really lived up to that but he is not crap. One of the best players in his position last year I'm the prem.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2015, 02:25:04 AM »

Delph won't start every week, but very few players at City do play week in week out. Take away Silva and Aguero, and the rest are pretty much fighting amongst themselves for a starting place. Toure used to be a no brainer pick every game but age is catching up with him and his slot in the team is probably as much up for grabs as Fernandinho's, Nasri's are etc etc.

I think it's an astute signing for us, what with Milner and Lampard leaving this summer. With Sterling also on board, we could certainly line up this coming season with that bit more pace and younger, fresher legs. I think/hope Sterling comes out all guns blazing as there will be plenty of attention on him.

Can understand why Villa fans might be miffed, esp with the Benteke situation happening simultaneously, but Delph, like Sterling, doesn't owe anything to anyone. I admire a player like Maldini, but he was the exception.

Best Bitter.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2015, 02:31:01 AM »

He's not even that good is he?

£8M is peanuts for an English player's buyout clause in this day and age.

He's terrible. It's a sad indictment of English football that he's a regular in the national team now.

He passes sideways only and isn't that great a tackler.

I'd call him a water carrier, but he'd probably spill it all.

Terrible? LOL.

Getting picked ahead of Milner as well who is a brilliant signing for Liverpool....

He plays in completely different position to Milner.

England is fairly strong in terms of players who play in wide positions. Can think of 5 players who are internatonal class alongside Milner.

But woefully weak in defensive midfield. That's why Delph gets picked.

I think Milner has transitioned into a defensive midfielder now. I think he will play almost every game for Liverpool centrally.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2015, 03:57:33 AM »

He's not even that good is he?

£8M is peanuts for an English player's buyout clause in this day and age.

He's terrible. It's a sad indictment of English football that he's a regular in the national team now.

He passes sideways only and isn't that great a tackler.

I'd call him a water carrier, but he'd probably spill it all.

Terrible? LOL.

Getting picked ahead of Milner as well who is a brilliant signing for Liverpool....

He plays in completely different position to Milner.

England is fairly strong in terms of players who play in wide positions. Can think of 5 players who are internatonal class alongside Milner.

But woefully weak in defensive midfield. That's why Delph gets picked.

I think Milner has transitioned into a defensive midfielder now. I think he will play almost every game for Liverpool centrally.

careful pleno your starting to sound like you fancy a punt on liverpool to finish top 4

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2015, 10:59:08 AM »

Another English talent takes a break from football to join Manchester City.

Patrick Roberts, Fulham

£11m

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2015, 11:06:02 AM »

he's really, really, really good

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2015, 11:22:11 AM »

Only seen youtube clips but Roberts  looks at a brilliant talent.  Good investment for City and saves spending £49 million on him when he is a 20 year old Smiley

As for the talksport headline in Tighty's post - yawn.

Also the initial fee is undisclosed but quoted in the range £2million to £5million with the inevitable raft of add ons depending on appearances etc.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2015, 12:32:11 PM »

Was gonna ask if there were any Fulham fans about who could perhaps tell us more about him. General consensus seems to be that he's a shit hot prospect....

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2015, 03:27:51 PM »

United face big loss on record signing Di Maria

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1583055.ece

ANGEL DI MARIA has agreed personal terms with Paris Saint-Germain and hopes to join the French champions before the start of the Ligue 1 season. PSG are negotiating a fee with Manchester United for a player who became the Premier League club’s record signing less than 11 months ago.

United paid Real Madrid an initial €75m (then £59.7m) for the Argentina international, also committing to pay £3.95m of “guaranteed variables” and cover £3.2m of Fifa-mandated “solidarity payments” to his former clubs. They are expected to take a big loss on what remains a record fee paid by an English club, but will remove the Premier League’s highest basic salary of £11.96m from their wage bill.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2015, 04:00:28 PM »

Really really like Roberts seen him a few times and shone in a shite Fulham team or at least one that was in a mess

Nothing like 11 million btw more like 3 upfront which is more than fair.

kp24

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »

Only seen Roberts a few times myself looks class though could be a belting signing if he fulfills his talent plus gets a chance to play!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2015, 09:53:38 PM »

is he loaned back out as part of deal?

kp24

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2015, 10:27:46 PM »

Doesn't look like it
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2015, 10:37:47 PM »

Well, he has flown out to Aussie with Delph today to join up with the 1st team squad and EDS (Elite development Squad - U21s). Nothing published on immediate plans after that but I suspect he will integrate with the EDS squad over the next couple of months or so and find his feet at the club. Some of the top EDS guys train a fair bit at different times with the 1st team squad. Presumably decision then made for the next stage. I suspect loan but possibly he goes straight into the 1st team squad.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: