blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:41:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272659 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 623811 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: October 11, 2016, 05:59:15 PM »

Has anyone seen Magnificent 7 yet?

Yes, its ok. Not really tense enough and features the longest gun battle scene I have ever seen in a film. Watchable tho.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: October 11, 2016, 06:02:12 PM »

Asking this for a friend...

Has anyone seen Swiss Army man?

I'm, I mean he is a little intrigued to read that Daniel Radcliffe plays a dead body thru the entire film and he described it as 'a film where the first fart makes you laugh and the last fart makes you cry'

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: October 11, 2016, 06:35:31 PM »

Has anyone seen Magnificent 7 yet?

Yes, its ok. Not really tense enough and features the longest gun battle scene I have ever seen in a film. Watchable tho.

Ty 😀
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3243 on: October 11, 2016, 07:02:58 PM »

I'm, I mean he is a little intrigued to read that Daniel Radcliffe plays a dead body thru the entire film and he described it as 'a film where the first fart makes you laugh and the last fart makes you cry'

Got bored after 20 minutes and turned it off.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: October 12, 2016, 11:04:42 AM »

Got bored after 20 minutes and turned it off.

Chompyesque...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: October 12, 2016, 12:12:41 PM »

"DR plays a dead body thru the entire film" - pretty much sums up his career to date IMO
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: October 21, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »

Miss Peregrine's... Peculiar Children is worth a watch, particularly if you have kids to take, filmed well, quirky and a bit different.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: October 23, 2016, 12:05:31 AM »

Saw Jack Reacher 2 tonight, was similar sort of storyline to the first one with plenty of action, I enjoyed it, solid 8/10.

If you liked the first one you will like it, if you didn't you probably won't.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: October 24, 2016, 09:27:16 PM »

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - Smart & funny, thought it was pretty slick

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: October 25, 2016, 03:13:15 AM »

Did a double header today. Girl on the train was good maybe a 7 or 7 1/2. I found it a little confusing as the plot progressed but that might simply have been my fault. Good performance by Blunt (tho I'm a fan of hers).

Saw the 2nd Jack Reacher film and I really like the books so again already a fan. Agree with the above. Nice and slick with plenty of action, just like the first film. 7 1/2 to 8.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: October 26, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »

Captain Fantastic - Pleased to say it's not another Marvel Superhero flick but a cute story about a family living in the woods, starring Viggo Mortensen. Kinda enjoyed this with some cool moments, like the family jamming to sweet child of mine at the cremation. Would probably say it's more Sergeant Decent than Captain Fantastic but worth a dabble.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: October 28, 2016, 06:12:55 PM »

Doctor Strange - Latest Marvel Studios offering starring Benedict Cumberbatch. Inception like effects but on another level. 2 hours long but could have done with being a bit longer. Cumberbatch performs superbly, as expected. Feels like the character was actually created for him.

8\10

Ah! The element of surprise
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: October 28, 2016, 07:56:35 PM »

Doctor Strange - Latest Marvel Studios offering starring Benedict Cumberbatch. Inception like effects but on another level. 2 hours long but could have done with being a bit longer. Cumberbatch performs superbly, as expected. Feels like the character was actually created for him.

8\10

Cool, looking forward to this one
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: October 31, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »

Watched the remade version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show over the weekend.

Stick with the original or the stage show.  Some terrible mis-casting decisions (Magenta, Dr Scott in particular) and they've effectively turned it into a Glee-club sanitised let-down.  Tim Curry has a cameo as the narrator, but it's actually quite sad to see him affected by a fairly major stroke as it only adds to the sense of loss from the original.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3254 on: October 31, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »

Watched the remade version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show over the weekend.

Stick with the original or the stage show.  Some terrible mis-casting decisions (Magenta, Dr Scott in particular) and they've effectively turned it into a Glee-club sanitised let-down.  Tim Curry has a cameo as the narrator, but it's actually quite sad to see him affected by a fairly major stroke as it only adds to the sense of loss from the original.

I saw the original for the first time over the weekend as it happens, what an absolute bag of shit, I just don't get it. But to be fair I don't like musicals.

I couldn't help but think there was a Homosexual subtext to it.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: