blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 01:05:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 963393 times)
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #3825 on: May 02, 2016, 07:17:38 PM »

Join the Fremont soldiers, you know it makes sense Wink

Fremont for the sleaze and old style vegas.   

Slowly working through staying at every fremont st hotel

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: May 02, 2016, 07:45:31 PM »

Join the Fremont soldiers, you know it makes sense Wink

Fremont for the sleaze and old style vegas.   

Slowly working through staying at every fremont st hotel

I actually find it less sleazy on Fremont, than when trying to negotiate the card slappers on the strip.

I'm doing part of my trip at the D this year, because they were 1k cheaper than the Nugget, for the 10 days I added on.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: May 02, 2016, 10:59:14 PM »

Doing the first 10 days of my trip at the 4 Queens. Cant wait.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: May 02, 2016, 11:24:54 PM »

You there for the whole series?

Not stayed there, but got a fair few friends that have stayed there, and one does every year.

I'll actually be spending my first nights on the strip for 4 years, this summer. Using some myVegas points for a few nights at Aria when the WPT is on.

Had 10 nights at Rio 5-15th, but given them to my mate who is playing the main, and I've got 10 nights at the D instead Smiley

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: May 02, 2016, 11:30:12 PM »

You there for the whole series?

Not stayed there, but got a fair few friends that have stayed there, and one does every year.

I'll actually be spending my first nights on the strip for 4 years, this summer. Using some myVegas points for a few nights at Aria when the WPT is on.

Had 10 nights at Rio 5-15th, but given them to my mate who is playing the main, and I've got 10 nights at the D instead Smiley

There from the start until the beginning of the Main as cant get the full series off work.

10 nights in 4Q then 30 nights in a place called Candlewood Suites.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: May 03, 2016, 12:02:30 AM »

You'll be gone by the time I get there then, unfortunately.

Never heard of Candlewood, is it one the longterm places just off strip?

Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: May 03, 2016, 08:14:06 PM »

Hi,

Not sure if you could be of any help with this question but here goes.

I'm going to be getting an American Express card. Is there any extra benefit on getting the British Airways express card as apposed to normal rewards card in terms of reward for flying? I see you get access to the BA lounges but I would maybe only do 2 long haul flights per year, of which none are even guarantees to fly with BA. Furthermore I'm a last minute merchant so wouldn't exactly be relaxing in the lounge waiting for the flight.

Also, is there a way of using the Amex to getting better rates on airmailes etc?

Thanks
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: May 03, 2016, 08:23:11 PM »

It is part of the holiday Inn group and gets good reviews.  Thought about staying there before as I have still got lots of points.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: May 03, 2016, 08:33:54 PM »

Yeah, on Paradise.

Will give a full review when I get back. Might be useful for future series - especially at $48pn if booking a month (and no resort fees)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: May 03, 2016, 08:43:57 PM »

Hi,

Not sure if you could be of any help with this question but here goes.

I'm going to be getting an American Express card. Is there any extra benefit on getting the British Airways express card as apposed to normal rewards card in terms of reward for flying? I see you get access to the BA lounges but I would maybe only do 2 long haul flights per year, of which none are even guarantees to fly with BA. Furthermore I'm a last minute merchant so wouldn't exactly be relaxing in the lounge waiting for the flight.

Also, is there a way of using the Amex to getting better rates on airmailes etc?

Thanks

Which card to get depends on what rewards you want to collect. Do you want miles to convert into free flights? Do you want miles to convert into upgrades? Do you want points to covert into hotel stays? Do you want a voucher than allows you to buy two tickets with miles for the price of one? With only two long hauls a year I could guess at which one but it's better to know what you're looking to achieve.

FYI but you're not restricted to just one Amex, you can have up to 2 credit cards and 2 charge cards if you want and if it makes sense to earn the signup bonuses.

PS If you want to be referred for an Amex card let me know. Being referred usually ends up with a bigger signup bonus for you (and points for me)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: May 03, 2016, 08:52:41 PM »

It is part of the holiday Inn group and gets good reviews.  Thought about staying there before as I have still got lots of points.

Gotcha.

Used to stay at Holiday Inn a lot, when I was back and forward to London, but doubt any points I accrued last that long Cheesy

Yeah, on Paradise.

Will give a full review when I get back. Might be useful for future series - especially at $48pn if booking a month (and no resort fees)

Bargain if it's got good reviews, and not much more than the resort fees are now @ most properties.

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: May 03, 2016, 09:10:40 PM »

Finally booked my flight for june 3rd but still undecided on the hotel. Scrapped the budget hotel idea, so it's between Ballys, Polo towers, Hilton or Vdara at a push.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: May 03, 2016, 09:21:52 PM »

Just snapped off 2 free nights at Aria, so I don't have to cab back to Nugget when I'm playing the WPT for pigeons.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: May 03, 2016, 09:34:21 PM »

Finally booked my flight for june 3rd but still undecided on the hotel. Scrapped the budget hotel idea, so it's between Ballys, Polo towers, Hilton or Vdara at a push.

If Vdara is same price as the other three book it now. Right now.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: May 03, 2016, 10:25:10 PM »

If Vdara is same price as the other three book it now. Right now.

Nah its £350 more, £1400 to the £1100/1150 of the others
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: