blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:01:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3626886 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #9990 on: September 05, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=30601.msg1230530#msg1230530

first question

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: September 05, 2010, 08:12:55 PM »

btw, you spelt it wrong on a slightly later post which you haven't yet corrected

Are you taking the piss? 

OK. I give in. Where is it? 

Don't tell him yet!!!  Make him sweat it out a wee bit.  

Can't believe you whooshed me again!  Sigh.  To be honest, I don't take much notice of spelling errors in other people's posts.  Drives me batty when I discover them in my own posts though.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9992 on: September 05, 2010, 08:16:16 PM »

Thank you.

Interestingly, I included the "u" when I wrote "pour" but omitted it when I wrote "pored"

No matter. I'm sure the readers are still in my thrall.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: September 05, 2010, 08:20:21 PM »

That was some sweat ffs.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9994 on: September 05, 2010, 08:23:45 PM »

btw, you spelt it wrong on a slightly later post which you haven't yet corrected

Are you taking the piss?  

OK. I give in. Where is it?  

Don't tell him yet!!!  Make him sweat it out a wee bit.  

Can't believe you whooshed me again!  Sigh.  To be honest, I don't take much notice of spelling errors in other people's posts.  Drives me batty when I discover them in my own posts though.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't mind other people's spelling mistakes in the slightest. (Well, except for Ironside)

BUT IT DOES PISS ME OFF WHEN THEY TYPE IN CAPITALS or fail to use even the most basic punctuation whats more i dont like it when the paragraphs all run together and I hate those long indecipherable hand histories in the pha board

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: September 05, 2010, 08:45:27 PM »

I actually blame Ironside for my lazy approach to other people's spelling errors. 

But you're bang on about the CAPS rubbish and long-winded punctuation and paragraph free carry on around the place as it does my head in too the extreme and I usually give up half way through unless I'm interested in a five minute challenge in which case I'll battle through the lot til me brain hurts or I find the end

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: September 05, 2010, 10:27:13 PM »

I bet that pour old vet. has bitten almost completely through his pipe stem and worn just about right through the souls of his shoes from all of that pacing back and forth contemplating what to do with that pore little foal.

Meanwhile we, your readership are on tenterhooks.....

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9997 on: September 05, 2010, 11:28:07 PM »

I bet that pour old vet. has bitten almost completely through his pipe stem and worn just about right through the souls of his shoes from all of that pacing back and forth contemplating what to do with that pore little foal.

Meanwhile we, your readership are on tenterhooks.....

Well to be honest Ralph, I made a bit of a balls up. See I tried to highlight the drama and tension of the story, only to realise that the moment the vet examined the foal's leg, all the drama and tension disappeared.

I wanted it to be a heart-stopping, white-knuckle ride of a tale, but I realised that actually, it's more like tootling down to the garden centre in a Morris 1000, with your auntie Vi doing the driving.

So anyway...

The vet examined the foal's leg and announced that it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. Yes, there was some minor abrasions to the bone, but no cartledge or ligament damage. With a bit of TLC, it should be fine.

The owner expressed his doubts as to the wisdom of spending time and money on an unwanted, below average colt foal. The vet countered with some argument about it being the least he could do after almost tearing the foal's leg off, and then he offered treatment for just a few pounds more that the cost of putting it to sleep.

The owner struggled with his concience for a few moments. He knew that business-wise, he should just have the foal destroyed and move on, he had plenty of livestock to tend, without this invalid demanding a chunk of his time.

Suddenly he made up his mind.

"Patch t' little bugger up then vitnry, and gimme some distructions on 'ow t' look arter 'im, afor I changes me mind....

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: September 05, 2010, 11:38:53 PM »

But didn't you say that you owned "the bent-leg hoss" for a while and that it was in some way connected with Black Jack or am I getting confused here ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9999 on: September 05, 2010, 11:45:33 PM »

But didn't you say that you owned "the bent-leg hoss" for a while and that it was in some way connected with Black Jack or am I getting confused here ?

No no, you're quite correct Ralph. The story isn't finished yet, more tootling to the garden centre to come.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10000 on: September 05, 2010, 11:52:51 PM »

We've got one of those beetles in here at the moment. the ones that fly head first into the light bulb, going so fast that it makes a pinging sound.

After two or three bone crunching ricochets, they knock themselves senseless, then they lay on the carpet until their eyes regain focus, and they start all over again.

I hate it when I'm eating stew or something, I just know that those ones that go missing in action have landed unconscious in my bowl.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: September 06, 2010, 12:00:00 AM »

We've got one of those beetles in here at the moment. the ones that fly head first into the light bulb, going so fast that it makes a pinging sound.

After two or three bone crunching ricochets, they knock themselves senseless, then they lay on the carpet until their eyes regain focus, and they start all over again.

I hate it when I'm eating stew or something, I just know that those ones that go missing in action have landed unconscious in my bowl.

You've just hit 10,000 posts for this thread with that last one! 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10002 on: September 06, 2010, 12:02:17 AM »

You've just hit 10,000 posts for this thread with that last one! 

Crap on a crust! I'm creating a world shortage of codswallop.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: September 06, 2010, 12:20:08 AM »

I don't mind people using a bit of Caps Lock on entire sentences.

So long as the ratio of Caps Lock sentences to lower case sentences is about 0.001:1

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10004 on: September 06, 2010, 12:29:55 AM »

My daughter told me off for using punctuation in a text message.

Pages: 1 ... 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 ... 2344 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: