blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:31:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  crapshoot thoughts
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: crapshoot thoughts  (Read 1127 times)
ACE2M

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:20:38 PM »

anybody got any thoughts on situations in a tournament where you are not shortstacked in relation to most of the other players but are in relation to the blinds in your own M type calcs.

E.g. Tourney last night with 45 players left and blinds at 6000/12000 no antes, you have 98,000 and are placed 10th, CL has 450,000 but this is double 2nd place and it gradually slopes to you in 10th.

There are lots of players on 50,000/60,000 and several on less.

This is in my 1st emergency shoving stage normally, 2 pictures, any pair will do. If i lose one set of blinds i'm shoving ATC into any unopened pot.

Probably a dumb question but would you make any adjustment to your strategy for the fact that 3/4 of the field are more in the shit than you in relation to the blinds??
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 12:23:48 PM »

No as that is the sort of thing the others that are on 60-80k are thinking. This is an ideal time to start pushing as you can pick up some very easy blinds this way.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 12:24:56 PM »

plus, we are well into the money with it starting at 150 but the jumps are very gradual, we have 4x our buyin locked up (it's a rebuy so not applicable to eveyone) and the levels are 12 minutes.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 12:45:31 PM »

Im not adjusting to the fact there are shorterstacks than me due to the fact that keeping a stack with fold equity is important and the blinds will eat us before we have clung onto the next payout level.

Im looking to open shove alot using position to loosen my range, any two cards from the sb, at least top 50% from button and probably only about top 15% from utg. No limping and calling relative to other peoples ranges.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 01:17:39 PM »

plus, we are well into the money with it starting at 150 but the jumps are very gradual, we have 4x our buyin locked up (it's a rebuy so not applicable to eveyone) and the levels are 12 minutes.

4x your buy-in back and only this many BB's with a gradual increase in money?..Hell, you have to go and win the tourney now. Take every unraised pot and get them chippies Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 10:46:59 PM »

Pushing A2C from hijack+.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: