blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:31:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272664 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 61882 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: December 14, 2006, 06:59:08 PM »

Very nice to see things have been tied up nicely for maureen stacey and reece. I wish all you family well in the new year, and it is good to see that moiney raised by the blondes in conjunction with Poker4charity has gone to a good cause.

All i can say is Tikay a big up to you for not taking the credit for resolving this, and as for the forum making this  happen you may be on to something. Personally i would have thought that a few discrete enquiries months ago via email, or pm may have rectified this sooner, instead of what has now led to a whitch hunt, people and their families being threaten and all sorts of insults. And the very charity that aided in the raising of this money being put on the line.

People power certainly does work.

With the greatest respect sir, you seem as determined as everyone else to put forward your point of view.

We do not tolerate threats or insults, if you have evidence of this sort of behaviour please forward it to a moderator and appropriate action will be taken.

If you want the fire to go out, don't keep poking the embers.

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 14, 2006, 07:06:43 PM »

All i can say is Tikay a big up to you for not taking the credit for resolving this, and as for the forum making this  happen you may be on to something. Personally i would have thought that a few discrete enquiries months ago via email, or pm may have rectified this sooner, instead of what has now led to a whitch hunt, people and their families being threaten and all sorts of insults. And the very charity that aided in the raising of this money being put on the line.

People power certainly does work.

I do not want a slanging match and will not become involved in one but i have stated my reasons and i stand by them as i said in my post. End of.

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 14, 2006, 07:07:36 PM »

this is my last post on this topic unless something is directed at me.

firstly, i would like to say good luck to Maureen,Stacey and of-course Reece,
i hope everything goes OK for you all and have a nice Christmas and a very good new year.

secondly, i would like to thank the people on blonde who have persued this topic
and didn't let it fade, you all know who you are.

thirdly,i am so,so,glad that Maureen brought this to the attention of blonde members,if it were not well this could have gone on and on.

fourthly,last of all i know that the newths must be very upset by all of this,but also,a lot of other people that have done work for this charity,
 and from blonde and other forums are upset by this too.
I'm not saying that all of this could have been stopped earlier.but people learn by there mistakes,and I'm sure there has been a few in this case.

i hope there can be something learnt from all of this, by all of us on this forum.
as i have learnt something of which is very valuable this is>

"you can never judge a book by its cover"
   "and what goes around comes around"

god bless you all and yet again >>>>merry Christmas        
    real life                      James "rock hard" fisher
    laddies and here              aka    sofa----king
    p4c                   aka   the-sausage
    blue square                aka       23spades
    bet Fred                aka   one punch jimmy
    full tilt                  aka      Paul jackson
    from now on i am one name on all "SOFA----KING"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 07:12:07 PM by sofa----king » Logged

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
North Angel

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 14, 2006, 07:27:37 PM »

I for one am glad this is all sorted, the stress this has put everyone under involved with P4C/G4L

has hopefully come to an end. I will not be posting again on this matter or any other thread on this
site.

Good Luck to Maureen, Stacey and Reece.

All the details of what money was raised for this years tournaments will be available on the P4C site.

All we ever wanted to do was to make a difference by raising funds through the poker community
and things could have been handled differently looking back now.

I have found out who our true friends are in the poker world and would like to thank them for their support.

Merry Christmas to Everyone.

Ang

When you tell your version of events make sure you have proof to back up your mouth!
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 14, 2006, 08:54:39 PM »

I have been a trustee for a charity as was my dad (a different one) for many years. At no time did either of us take any expenses or get paid for our time. That was our 'donation' to a good cause. We were trustees doing what we could when we could and making money for the charity in the process. We did this because we knew that every penny counted and anything we took out of the charity diminished the benefits of others and we could afford to drive to meetings, fund raisers etc without taking any money for it.

As a business owner I now have to look at what expenses are sustainable for my business.

It seems obvious to me that this charity cannot sustain paying staff and expenses, whether part time or full time. This charity is too small to allow this to happen. Larger charities whose chief execs are often responsible for fund raising of millions can afford to buy in expertise but a charity the size of P4C imho is too small to sustain these type of expenses.

If a charity cannot sustain paid workers then it has to rely on unpaid volunteers - that is after all what charity is about.

How this level of expenditure and drain on donations has been allowed to happen after year 1 I'm not sure, but surely the trustees should have recognised the problems and made desisions accordingly.

As for no longer taking any expenses, I am gob smacked, in a charity this small to take any expenses in my mind is questionable in the first place and the fact that this has been entertained for 2 years beggars belief. If you can't afford to be charitable and not take any expenses then pass the job onto someone who can.
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: December 14, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »

I for one am glad this is all sorted, the stress this has put everyone under involved with P4C/G4L

has hopefully come to an end. I will not be posting again on this matter or any other thread on this
site.

Good Luck to Maureen, Stacey and Reece.

All the details of what money was raised for this years tournaments will be available on the P4C site.

All we ever wanted to do was to make a difference by raising funds through the poker community
and things could have been handled differently looking back now.

I have found out who our true friends are in the poker world and would like to thank them for their support.

Merry Christmas to Everyone.

Ang

Well, I am not sure it is sorted out.

I'm also frankly shocked at the fact that Ange can pull it around to her and Davey finding out who "their true friends are in poker".

This isn't about friendships, loss of image, and people being slighted. This is about people being misled, and promised things that take an age to be delivered.

A more humble apology followed by no wallowing about friendships would have been light years more appropriate than what Ange posted.

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 14, 2006, 09:36:31 PM »

It seems obvious to me that this charity cannot sustain paying staff and expenses, whether part time or full time. This charity is too small to allow this to happen. Larger charities whose chief execs are often responsible for fund raising of millions can afford to buy in expertise but a charity the size of P4C imho is too small to sustain these type of expenses.

If a charity cannot sustain paid workers then it has to rely on unpaid volunteers - that is after all what charity is about.

How this level of expenditure and drain on donations has been allowed to happen after year 1 I'm not sure, but surely the trustees should have recognised the problems and made desisions accordingly.

As for no longer taking any expenses, I am gob smacked, in a charity this small to take any expenses in my mind is questionable in the first place and the fact that this has been entertained for 2 years beggars belief. If you can't afford to be charitable and not take any expenses then pass the job onto someone who can.

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
mcvitie
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2006, 12:09:58 AM »

To all posters on this thread

Having read all comments on the above, some constructive, some not, the only thing i can remember throughout is TK's comment about tears in his eyes.

I am of a similar thought, and feel the same

P4C was and is a good idea, i think we all believed in it, we may be disillusioned at present, but each of us believed at some time we were doing good through playing poker.

Whatever has happened recently, do not lose site of the fact that everyone of us set out to do good

With this in mind, we need to continue

My advise is to turn this thread into something positive, learn by mistakes, and give something back in the manner you originally intended

This whole thread started over a young boy that was ill, and we wanted to help....................don't let 26 pages of comments and advice go to waste, use them for his sake.

Maureen, we have never met, but my heart goes out to you and your family, i hope my post does some good

Even blind squirrels find the occassional nut.....
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2006, 12:22:39 AM »

Having read all comments on the above, some constructive, some not, the only thing i can remember throughout is TK's comment about tears in his eyes.

P4C was and is a good idea, i think we all believed in it, we may be disillusioned at present, but each of us believed at some time we were doing good through playing poker.

Whatever has happened recently, do not lose site of the fact that everyone of us set out to do good

My advise is to turn this thread into something positive, learn by mistakes, and give something back in the manner you originally intended

This whole thread started over a young boy that was ill, and we wanted to help....................don't let 26 pages of comments and advice go to waste, use them for his sake.

Maureen, we have never met, but my heart goes out to you and your family, i hope my post does some good

a very good post sir.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2006, 12:24:08 AM »

a very good post sir.

it really takes the biscuit....

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2006, 01:24:41 AM »

mcveeeeeeeeee welcome to Blonde hunny.

As you have said this whole thread has been about helping Reece and his mum and now thankfully that has been sorted.

I think what Ding said is spot on.

The charity doesnt get enough income to support a wage and as much as I appeciate it was Davey and Ang's dream to make this charity bigger and better at the end of the day it is a charity.

If I decided to set up a charity I would do it as a volenteer, if I decided to help out I would not be doing it thinking I could earn money out of this.

Charity work is just that....putting in a few hours to help others.

As we know both Angie and Davey have been ill so maybe things slided a bit.

If Ang or Davey had asked any of the p4c supporters for help I'm pretty sure they would have been offered LOADS of support but I for 1 wasnt asked...was anyone else?

I think p4c is a GREAT idea and thats why I have been to several events but I would like to say that as a supporter I have went along to several DO'S knowing that I paid £xx to hotel costs...£xx travelling costs and then what ever I could afford on top was rebuys and booze.

I assumed everyone else was the same including Davey and Angie.

Im sorry...I love Ang to bits but if I had realised 70% of my rebuys were going towards Ang and Daveys hotel bill then I would not have went to be honest.

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2006, 01:49:18 AM »

Good Post Suzanne, I totally agree

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 17, 2006, 04:37:40 PM »

Given that I have always preached "communication is all" & "it's good to talk"....I can now confirm that.....

Maureen PM'd me her address, & I have Posted a cheque to Stacey, c/o Maureen. The cheque is in an identical amount to the Cheque Andy gave me from Game For Life Enterprises Ltd earlier this week.

I am informed that someone from P4C or Game4Life have been in contact with the Hossie & pledged £2,000. As & when that £2,000 is paid over, all the money raised by the blondes at The Western will have been paid across.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 17, 2006, 10:43:21 PM »

Good to hear, thank you

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2006, 11:08:38 PM »

Good to hear, thank you

Yup, nearly there now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: