blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2008/2009 football league winner accumulators?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008/2009 football league winner accumulators?  (Read 4758 times)
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2008, 08:31:29 AM »

What are you all going for?

For me ATM I haven't got any idea.

Only ideas for league 1. One of Leeds, Brighton, Huddersfield. Anyone ever had any success with these?

Chipleader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:26:48 AM »

i thinks its going to be:
Championship: QPR
League 1: LEEDS
League 2: GILLINGHAM

i work for Brighton and hove football club and although they r very activee in the market this summer i think they will fall short again... might sneak into playoffs tho
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »

Do you? Im a lifelong fan... What is your role there?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:15:54 AM »

Birmingham (Sheff U/Wolves)

Leeds (Carlisle? MKD? Peterborough?..both could go straight through, not Leicester)

Wycombe

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 10:22:19 AM »

Sheff U finished v strongly, so id prob have them in one bet, along with Huddersfield, Wycombe (all each way), 20 stake should do well there

Prob another Birmingham, Leeds, XXX

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 10:43:08 AM »

i dont dispute that Leeds are probably the best team in the league, but at 3/1 thats way too short to back in a division which is tighter than tight...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 10:47:39 AM »

i dont dispute that Leeds are probably the best team in the league, but at 3/1 thats way too short to back in a division which is tighter than tight...

I agree but you need to put something in an accumulator and 3/1 is a good start if you want a payout...

who would you be on at what price Dwayne, knowing the division as you do?

My eyes are open wide
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:18:45 AM »

I agree but you need to put something in an accumulator and 3/1 is a good start if you want a payout...

who would you be on at what price Dwayne, knowing the division as you do?

The absolute standout bet for me, which me and Horneris have discussed, is Colchester at 22/1 or better I think.

Couple of reasons. They were relegated early from the Championship which in mind gives them an extra 6-8 weeks for an assault to get back up, which I think is vital. From mid-april, even earlier maybe, they knew what League they'd be and what budget they have. Another reason, they were in this League 2 years ago with the same manager and board (i think?), so they know exactly what they need to do get out of here. Take Leeds or Carlisle who've probably had no more than 4 weeks off, hence the lack of signings from both...

Couple more reasons. They have a new stadium, this may seem 'neither here nor there', ok they lose the adavantage of 'having a ground that no one likes playing at' in Layer Road, but the extra 20% gates that a new stadium generates + the feel good factor of moving up in the world...

They have also signed 2 good players this week, Gillespie from Cheltenham is a Championship striker IF fit for a sustained period, 16 goals in a poor Cheltenham side last season, playing a lot out wide in a 4-5-1 formation. Perkins from Rochdale is a player who i specifically watched twice last year and is decent... Lockwood is also a strong LB who never had a chance at Forest with Bennett there

Huddersfield have been busy, but they were average at best last year. Brighton have made some good signings, Livermore should thrive in League 1. Southend will also do well, they have a side full of goals.  Tranmere would be a side i'd back against this year. They must have scored 50% of there goals last year from set-pieces, from Paul McLaren delieveries, he's now gone to Bradford, theyve also lost Calvin Zola, stockdale and Steve Davies (Derby fans look forward to him) and a couple others, and brought hardly anyone in yet...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:20:34 AM by TheChipPrince » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 11:24:36 AM »

Cheers

For the record, I expect Leicester to start bad (lot of player upheaval still) but be in the top 6 by the end

Dwayne did you watch Max Gradel on loan at Bournemouth last year? Heard a lot of good things. Looking forward to seeing him playing for us

My eyes are open wide
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 11:30:53 AM »

Cheers

For the record, I expect Leicester to start bad (lot of player upheaval still) but be in the top 6 by the end

Dwayne did you watch Max Gradel on loan at Bournemouth last year? Heard a lot of good things. Looking forward to seeing him playing for us

Bournemouth are not a team I generally get to see a lot of for geographical reasons! But i did see them at Tranmere i think, just before xmas, but i dont think he played, im sure he missed a couple of months of the season beacuse of personal reason/family bereavement, but could be wrong...

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 11:36:01 AM »

you are right, he did

let me know when you have to scout Leicester, I'll "treat" you to a, ahem, luxury meal in the stadium restaurant or sometihng!

My eyes are open wide
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 05:02:31 PM »

What price on Luton winning there division this season.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Maxriddles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 06:11:09 PM »

I'll be going for an each way lucky 15 on a site which offers 4 places on the Championship, League 1, League 2, & the Conference.

Blue Square are offering this but was wondering if anyone knows of any other sites doing this so I can compare odds.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 06:14:08 PM »

I'll be going for an each way lucky 15 on a site which offers 4 places on the Championship, League 1, League 2, & the Conference.

Blue Square are offering this but was wondering if anyone knows of any other sites doing this so I can compare odds.

No. Only Blue Square by the looks of it.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/coca-cola-championship/win-market - EW terms at bottom.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 06:55:46 PM »

What price on Luton winning there division this season.

1/10 to get relegated currently. Price at Blue Sq I beleive

My eyes are open wide
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: