blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:14:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Interesting cash game hand
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting cash game hand  (Read 2980 times)
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 04:47:29 PM »

That was basically my thinking Tightend.   I played this hand pretty poorly, but if i had led out on the flop and had two flat calls what do I do on the turn?  Would I have had a better idea of where I was? 

Anyway I checked and it was checked around.  River came a and I bet $300. Thoughts?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 04:54:43 PM »

i like the check raise on the flop (with respect to Highstack's different opinion) as you can safely expect a C bet from Orig raiser and the check raise is v powerful...if he back raises after that then you know you are behind, IMO

If I lead out and get two calls I am no better off as you say

after it goes check, check check on turn I am check calling on river

Lead out on the river and you hate a re-raise...keep the pots as small as you can if you are not sure...and a lead on river after checking turn might attract a steal raise anyway

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mjrevie

Hulkamania is alive and kicking!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 05:54:05 PM »

Dont like betting out on the river simply because I'm not very sure if i'm ahead and in those situations i'm happy to check it down or call a reasonably small bet.

The pot is approximately 1100 including your 300 river bet so if one of the two behind you decide to re-raise, what are you willing to call up to? A min raise of 300 is a 300 call into a pot of 1700 so you would have to call and to be honest, you'd probably have to call a re-raise of maybe about 600 given how much is in the pot unless you got a significant read off of them, which doesnt look likely given the hand history. I can see Player B raising behind you and put him on aces or or kings over fours, but thats cause at this sort of stakes, i'm extra cautious.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 06:01:04 PM by mjrevie » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 06:24:48 PM »

Yeah i wouldnt bet here. You are either a mile ahead or a mile behind. Check call is my play

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 09:05:14 PM »

Yeah i wouldnt bet here. You are either a mile ahead or a mile behind. Check call is my play

I agree.

If it's checked around you haven't really lost me. If they bet then you might pick off a bluff and win more than you would have.

If you bet and they raise then it's just horrible for you.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 11:55:23 PM »

In the end they both just called my bet, and mucked.  So did I maximise my winnings from the hand by playing it so badly?  Maybe.  I have no idea what they both had.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 12:26:12 AM »

Is ther no way of getting then hand history downloaded and see what they had??

would be interesting

btw

ur way above my level so i wont comment

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 01:07:26 AM »

would be interesting

btw

Not on Tribeca

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 01:25:09 AM »

would be interesting

btw

As flushy says unfortunately Tribeca don't have this feature.  I'm interested in everyones comments it really doesn't matter what level you are.  I thought this hand was quite interesting as I won more from playing it badly than if I'd played it optimally.  Figuring what the other two had, maybe JJ/QQ for player 1 and KQ for player 2?
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 02:16:25 PM »

Hi Wellchief

Interesting hand

In spots like this short-handed... you can (and should) be re-raising here p/f with a pretty wide range, its pretty much like the Harrington squeeze play in a sense. You naturally do this because if you only re-rai with AA or KK, you are gonna get figured out pretty easily.

With AK you dont really raise here to squeeze, you raise here for value and/or to get smaller pairs folding.. what is his raising range? what is the callers calling range? both of these are dartford tunnel wide, AK is best preflop here a massive % of the time.. raise it up and proceed accordingly. Its not like they only give you action here when you are behind either, you get calls from AQ/QK 5/7 22 A/J all sorts.. people play VERY fast and VERY loose.. especially if they have position (this is a mistake I see people make in the tribeca games at the top level, because the stacks are shallower then anywhere else, they try to exploit position too often when it doesn't work.. assuming 75bb stacks)  Raising here really negates the positional disadvantage because it will get about 20~~25% of your stack in preflop if they call, and then you can play irish position post flop, safe in the knowledge that you will look pot stuck to your opponent so their bluffing frequency will go wayyyyyyy down (of course these are generalisations, but its a pretty good default line)

If one of both call preflop, then you just figure out a way to get your stack in the middle on that flop, and if you miss, then you play poker.. either lead/cr all in, whatever

If you had deeper stacks, you can play it more cautiously.. but with 75BB, you dont especially mind getting busy with AK preflop or on a K high flop.

AS for how the hand actually did play, well this is a function of the preflop play, you are in the dark a lot here. If you are a fan of variance, leading here to induce a raise from the PFR is a great way to get dead money in the pot.. of course it costs you your stack when you are beat, but that isn't going to be very often in these spots, and people are raising this lead a LOT because of the pre/postflop play.. and a reasonable % of the time, you will be ahead for stacks!!

as for the river lead, I like it a lot. I hate checking here as people can check behind too often, and the 4 pairing on the turn mst give you a lot of confidence that your hand is best, and it gives other peple confidence that "unless he has a K, my middling pair is good".. you have played the hand in such a manner that it betrays your hand strength.. and against the rite opponents this is devastating for them

Cliff notes: I like this line occasionally, but I wouldn't make it my default as it generally loses value.. I think u were lucky to stumble upon a good board and bad opponents

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: