blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  My rights at work?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My rights at work?  (Read 9220 times)
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2006, 02:48:03 PM »

Tytyty Mr End Smiley

Less is more....

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2006, 02:53:10 PM »

not a maxim I'd ever adhered to, but if it suits you....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2006, 02:56:42 PM »

Cool

MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2006, 03:09:17 PM »

...the woman that is supposed to do it hates my guts, and I hate her (it's all over Leon). Anyway, I asked my manager if anyone else can do the supervision and she said no, and if I have a problem with Adele doing it then I will have to leave. My friend Alexa also hates her and they told her the same thing...

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2006, 03:10:54 PM »

Right so the world's turning in a different direction, or something else is very wrong, as Flushy HAS made a good post (there, I've said it I can stop grinding me teeth now).

Poppet, do not waste another minute in a job you don't like. If you feel you cannot leave, then go through your firm's policies and procedures with a fine toothed comb, make a case with everything you have said here, in an intelligent and objective manner, and make a formal complaint against Leon, your supervisor, and stand your ground.

Either deal with it, or stop moaning about it, and another tip - the more you are seen/speculated on/heard bitching about work to other workers, the worse it will get.

Do your degree, do it while you can concentrate on it (why am I doing 2 years worth of Uni in one year AND damn near running a business?? Cause I didn't go to Uni when I had the chance).

You are only at the stage when you have a few responsibilities once (unless you manage to win the lottery/become a gadabout poker player (sorry! Couldn't resist)).

Frankly, you need to sit down and go through all your millions of postings on this forum, and make a note of how many times you have said you had a spat with Leon. Is anyone worth that sort of hassle? Hands up all who know the answer.....

Go get YOUR life back.

No-one is going to give you more of a chance than you, so do it!

Some more execellent advice poppet. But the only person who can do anything about all this is you. You might think its tough, its pressure, all the rest of it. But at the end of the day nobody else is going to be regretting it for you. Look at all the people here and we are all saying the same thing.

I never went to uni when I had the chance and though I don't regret that, I would have if I had the chance over again.
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2006, 03:12:56 PM »

...the woman that is supposed to do it hates my guts, and I hate her (it's all over Leon). Anyway, I asked my manager if anyone else can do the supervision and she said no, and if I have a problem with Adele doing it then I will have to leave. My friend Alexa also hates her and they told her the same thing...

Best. Reply. Ever.
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2006, 03:19:29 PM »

Now i that's not a wake up call, I don't know what is!

Astute ... Top Of the Class Moves!

1 merit point!

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2006, 03:59:38 PM »

Wow. I go away for 3 hours and this is what happens, even though people are taking the piss out of you flushy, thank you for the advice! I have read every reply and you do all make sense. It is too late to start Uni this year, I think it's starting next week and I never bothered to sort out finances or anything because I knew I wouldn't go this year. It really isn't right for me at the moment.

As for Leon, yes we do blow hot and cold all the time, thats why I feel so confused about everything, we love each other, but at the same time we hurt each other.

I've had a long chat with Alexa this afternoon, she works for the company so she knows all the people involved, and she has said that she thinks its time for Leon and I to split, or have a break. I happen to agree. Leon will be home later and if he stays home I will sit him down and tell him that I'm going to spread my wings. I need some space, I can do my sort of job anywhere in the country. We have been together since I was 14 and he was 16, spent 4 years of that time living 100 miles apart and now live in a horrible situation, so I think we need to both be given the chance to 'find ourselves' and have a bit of fun. Then maybe, just maybe, we could work things out.

I really really appreciate the advice you have all given me, and I am thankful that you've taken the time to reply to my posts.

Love Poppet xx

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2006, 04:02:07 PM »

Its not too late to try to get to uni. do it. now.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2006, 04:07:16 PM »

Please. Go to Uni if you possibly can

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ericstoner

Winner of the Stars $200 sunday biggy, RU APAT Ire

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2006, 04:08:48 PM »

I've read through these posts,and have a few comments to make.

Poppet we are all unsure of change, and mainly hang on to what we have however little this is, but you MUST take a deep breath and change,or you will be walked over all your life.

firstly,your job is causing you great pain and bringing on sickness,this will only continue unless you hand in your notice.

Remain on sick until your mind is clear, use this time to A)move to another carer company,
Remember to look in the local papers as meny clints will now arrange their care independantly from social services,under the direct payments sceme.

B) you could do this or some agency work(Care Agencies are always looking for people prepared to work unsocial hours)

This would fit into your uni timetable. speak to the uni hardship advisor , who will point you to the hardship berseries available.

take the place at uni , put  as much as you can on the new loans available, there is also a hardship payment of £2700 available from the government under rules just brought in.

Take your life into your own hands and good luck.

Brendan.

Blonde Hall of fame inductee,October 2007.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2006, 04:24:49 PM »

sorry poppet, but that's the funniest post I've read in ages - best of blonde!!!!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2006, 04:28:52 PM »

sorry poppet, but that's the funniest post I've read in ages - best of blonde!!!!

so so funny
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2006, 04:33:14 PM »

Poppet Pollard
patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2006, 04:47:30 PM »

just a casual note poppet

the advice given by flushy is top notch...as was a few other points.

I know you open up here and its good you feel you can do that - however i`m just musing that it may be better to tell leon first and foremost what you are going to do....that way honesty is the best way...does he read the forum, will he read you post....if so he already knows what you are doing and thinking and he`s not hearing it first hand.

all the best with whatever you decide...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: