blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179535 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: January 19, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »

So we land today for her latest ortho appointment and Sarah is sure they'll pull that last baby tooth they were keen to see out of their way.  I did try to warm her it wasn't likely.  I could sense the bluff by yer man during our last visit when he reluctantly agreed to pull any teeth that hadn't 'fallen' out.  Sure enough.  Not today.  There's a shocker.

Turns out the reason they didn't bother today is because they're scheduling her for ortho surgery.  They've said they'll take out not just the one, but two teeth while they have hold of her on op day.  Her 'eye' teeth aren't coming down where they should.  Instead they're coming down through the roof of her mouth a goodly bit back from the front line. 

One is further back than the other so they're going to cut around it to expose the tooth and will put a plate on the back of it with a wee hook.  Then they'll give her some sort of wee wire along the front of her teeth with another wee hook and she'll have a rubber band of sorts attached to each of those wee hooks.  Hope being it'll pull the eye tooth forward in time.

With the other they're hoping it'll sort itself once they remove the baby tooth in it's way.  If not, it'll be rinse repeat on that side with the whole cut and rubber band jobbie.

And that's just the top half of her mouth.  Wait til they get to the mess down below.  That's when the real fun starts.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 19, 2011, 05:32:43 PM »

Delay of game on Sarah's ortho tales while I vent for a minute.

kjfag;fdajkgs;fjkhgf;sjkhfda;jknfkjbnfda;kgjbfd;gjcf;kjgdkcjg;adfjn

And breeeeeeeeeathe. 

I swear I'm dealing with total fecking muppets around here sometimes.

And now I can 'splain the rant above.  But first...one more for the road...........

xfkgjhrfd;kgujhREFD;GTUYHRl;ghfdagjhda;knhda;khafdkjnfdsjkndfgjsdgjkh

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 19, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »

I still have some of my baby teeth.

WTF?!  How is that possible?!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 19, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »

When we got back from Cork and the ortho dude I noticed a few Eircom vans in the area.  Eircom is the national telephone company.  Didn't take much notice as we've an exchange station in the village or summat like that and reckoned they were just checking on things there.

Got a knock on the door within 30 minutes of landing home.  The guy wanted permission to go into my back yard as it was much easier to access one of their telephone poles. 

"No problem but please make sure you close and tie the gate like you found it and put the bins back in front of it the same too."

With that I get this annoyed look by the guy so I explain, "It's just that we have two dogs and they know how to open the gate if it's not exactly as you found it when you leave."

Now he's looking even more annoyed as he realises I'm serious but he agrees to follow my request.  Good thing.  If not the fecker can go half mile down the road and find his way into the field.  Then he can trudge the half mile back through said field followed by having to climb a steep ditch.  No odds to me.  Agree to close the fecking gate properly or get lost.  But I didn't say it like that obv.

So in he goes, does his thing and when I see him in the front yard I ask if he's sorted the gate.  He grunts "I have" before carrying off on his way.  A few minutes later he lands back and points through the window to the back yard again.  Figure I'll save him a repeat of the lecture and just nod through the window.  Once he's finished I spare him the second round of questioning as I normally reserve that for children.  He nods, I nod and all is right.  Or so I thought. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 19, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »

When the weather isn't bad I tend to send the dogs out the back while I'm getting dinner sorted.  If I don't, Cassie makes it her business to throw down right in front of the oven and isn't inclined to move until I'm finished cooking. 

Not an easy task trying to manoeuvre around a massive Greyhound stretched out to the max across the floor of a small kitchen when yer trying to cook a dinner.  When she's in full stretch and positioned just the right way, she takes up the front of the cooker as well as most of the space in front of the sink. 

I mostly just giggle and get on with it, but when I'm under pressure to get the dinner done quick, it's just easier to clear her for fear of tripping over her.  So today the pair were cleared to the back yard while I was cooking.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 19, 2011, 05:53:27 PM »

WTF?!  How is that possible?!

Dunno, when I was a lad they weren't coming out of their own accord. The dentist wanted to pull them out but my dad wouldn't let them as it involved giving me gas etc. Don;t really know the full story. The dentist did also say that it wasn't important as the other teeth would make room for themselves. I can feel one sort of behind or above one of my top chewing teeth on the right hand side. Will find out the right story when i see my mum next. But it's def true.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 19, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »

Normally when Lily goes about her escape you get a bit of warning.  The gate bangs around a bit first.  Then you can hear the bins starting to shift from their spot.  I always go out and check when I hear her banging the gate because it usually means she reckons she has a shot at it.  Today there was none of that.  Well no fecking wonder.  That's because the bastard who was in me yard didn't even bother to close the gate in the end.  Never mind tie it or put the bins back.  

All the sudden the house phone and me mobile were ringing off the hook.  The pair had gone on a run about around the village and wouldn't come to anyone who called them.  Well of course not.  This was Cassie's first proper free for all run since her accident.  No way in hell she was coming back to any of them.  She was going to have some fun.  As for Lily?  "Well if Cassie's not listening why should I?"

Long and short of it, the pair did come back when I got there and shouted out to them.  Heads down and moping their way towards me I thanked all the people who were stood round the place that had been trying to get hold of them and shuffled the pair back into the car.  I tried giving out to them but they were so funny I couldn't do it properly.  Cassie was there with this big cheesy grin on her face and Lily was just sat there wrecked from trying to keep up with Cassie.  In the end I just laughed because I knew they were safe, called them two eejits and brought them home.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 19, 2011, 06:05:49 PM »

Phoned Eircom after.  They got an earful and a half by the time I was done.  Got loads of apologies from the poor soul who had the misfortune of dealing with my call.  And from now on they can be trudging through the damn field as I've given them strict orders to stay out of my yard.  I'll supposedly be getting a call from the area manager in the next few days to further apologise.  They're still not going to be allowed in the yard.  He can take a flying leap now for all I care.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 19, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »

weirdo

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 19, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

weirdo

He is, isn't he?  Always knew it but now we have more proof.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 19, 2011, 07:15:19 PM »

Am currently abso exhausted and about to go for a nap.  The girls are on strict orders to wake me at 8:30 so I've time to wake properly before the Omaha.  Send a search party if I'm sat out at yer table.  K thx. 

Omaha at 8:40 on Sky £11 buy in.  Be there or be square...or possibly sleeping.  But get reg'd!!!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 19, 2011, 07:18:15 PM »

Also.  Would someone please remind me on Friday to go to the local police station at 6pm?  I've an appointment to get the passport stamped but having a hard time remembering what day it is again. 

So this is what it's like to get old, huh?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 19, 2011, 08:29:54 PM »

Sure did have that nap.

I'm a freak.  The minute I decide a nap's required...I stop being tired.  Go figure.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 19, 2011, 08:59:34 PM »

Sure did have that nap.

I'm a freak.  The minute I decide a nap's required...I stop being tired.  Go figure.

Go to bed, lie there, tell yourself you have to get up in 10 minutes, gtd sleep for 8 hours. Simple.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 19, 2011, 11:18:33 PM »

Sure did have that nap.

Go to bed, lie there, tell yourself you have to get up in 10 minutes, gtd sleep for 8 hours. Simple.

Meh.  Sleep is for wimps.  Currently wired for sound.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: