blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:12:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1027843 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4170 on: April 07, 2016, 05:14:16 AM »

I was looking foward to Aintree this week, but some of the prices for the races are just lol.

The whole reaction to the Gold Cup is just lol. I don't believe for a single minute that Don Cossack was ever going to get beat, but yet they think "cue card was coming to win the race before falling", I do not think so. I potentially think it would have struggled for second with Djakadam. 11/10 for Cue Card, no thank you.

Ivanovic- G is just lol at 11/10 also. Really? Apple Jade I shall be on.

They aren't giving anything away on Thursday that is for sure.

If the horses you don't like are too short, surely that's good?

Cue Card is 11/8 on Betfair.  It won the king george and the Betfair and was in a two horse race for the Gold Cup.  Dom Poli is a bit of a plodder who likely needs further and likely just stays on for a place and the rest aren't really classy enough.  11/8 is surely what you'd expect?   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: April 07, 2016, 08:23:15 AM »

I was looking foward to Aintree this week, but some of the prices for the races are just lol.

The whole reaction to the Gold Cup is just lol. I don't believe for a single minute that Don Cossack was ever going to get beat, but yet they think "cue card was coming to win the race before falling", I do not think so. I potentially think it would have struggled for second with Djakadam. 11/10 for Cue Card, no thank you.

Ivanovic- G is just lol at 11/10 also. Really? Apple Jade I shall be on.

They aren't giving anything away on Thursday that is for sure.

If the horses you don't like are too short, surely that's good?

Cue Card is 11/8 on Betfair.  It won the king george and the Betfair and was in a two horse race for the Gold Cup.  Dom Poli is a bit of a plodder who likely needs further and likely just stays on for a place and the rest aren't really classy enough.  11/8 is surely what you'd expect?   

I don't think the GC was a two horse race at any point. Djakadam was on the bridle all way round, but just found nothing, Don Poli stayed on and CC fell. I don't really believe that CC was getting much closer to Don Cossack than Djakadam did.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: April 07, 2016, 09:24:23 AM »

I have never backed CC and have no allegiance whatsoever,but when he jumped ahead looked to be going best to me.

Happy to take him on today regardless. He has been on the go all season and must have been trained to the minute for that million pound bonus.

After a fall and a long season, I would be taking him on as a sort of punting obligation really.

He may well win, but that is the sort of recipe you look for when trying to get the favs beat.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: April 07, 2016, 10:35:42 PM »

Think on the fringe might be a bit vulnerable at this distance these days (wasnt travelling at chelts so may have needed the half mile to get home). No idea what to bet tho, old major malarkey seems in good spirits and has run well here and dineur seems interesting at a big price

lol analyisis but the 50/1 second eases the pain
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: April 07, 2016, 11:24:41 PM »

Think on the fringe might be a bit vulnerable at this distance these days (wasnt travelling at chelts so may have needed the half mile to get home). No idea what to bet tho, old major malarkey seems in good spirits and has run well here and dineur seems interesting at a big price

Nice pick JC. When I saw him up there, I knew someone had mentioned it somewhere!

Lovely card tomorrow, looking to Killer Crow to run well after running out of stamina in the Irish National. Wouldnt be surprised to see Corrin Wood run well at a massive price (66s)after showing up for a long way at Chelts. Should love these fences.

One to try and get on now, as I hope to see a bold show from Le Prezien up against Yanworth and Yorkhill on Saturday, can get 20s with Tote now, and expect no more than 10s on the day, to hopefully challenge the big two, if not scoop the place money at a nice return.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: April 07, 2016, 11:34:21 PM »

I love corrin wood even backed him for the national at any old price.

I thought he had gone but last time like you say adz he ran a lot better than finishing position suggest.

I will have a small bet but the more rain that falls the better he has not had the true soft ground for a long time.

Gdlk all
stribling

View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: April 08, 2016, 12:55:08 AM »

Is there anywhere i can view highlights of today's aintree races online?

You have to Risk it for the biscuit!!!
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: April 08, 2016, 01:11:59 AM »

Is there anywhere i can view highlights of today's aintree races online?

I usually use sporting life, go to yesterdays full results and you can watch each race by clicking on the video symbol on the right hand side providing you have a skybet account.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: April 08, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »

Nice pick JC. When I saw him up there, I knew someone had mentioned it somewhere!

Lovely card tomorrow, looking to Killer Crow to run well after running out of stamina in the Irish National. Wouldnt be surprised to see Corrin Wood run well at a massive price (66s)after showing up for a long way at Chelts. Should love these fences.

One to try and get on now, as I hope to see a bold show from Le Prezien up against Yanworth and Yorkhill on Saturday, can get 20s with Tote now, and expect no more than 10s on the day, to hopefully challenge the big two, if not scoop the place money at a nice return.

Hopefully a few of you took the 20s on Le Prezien. The final decs are out and there are 7 declared. No Yanworth. I quite like the chance of at least a Top 3 finish now! Wink

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: April 09, 2016, 03:26:59 PM »

Great shout mate, and unlucky not to scoop.

Yorkhill must be an absolute monster to still win there.

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: April 09, 2016, 03:42:56 PM »

wp adz, thought we were on for a sec but yorkhill prob had plenty even though he treated townend like a supply teacher.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: April 09, 2016, 05:27:13 PM »

Cheers Guys

Thought our RP correspondent might have been on congratulating me on finding such a spot and getting paid out....... Wink

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: April 09, 2016, 07:45:10 PM »

Robbie Dunne surfing the horse to stay on and be in contention in the national was awesome.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: April 09, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »

Yeah, some sit that was.

Nowhere near as bad, but the winner looked to almost go over the top, too.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: April 09, 2016, 09:14:00 PM »

Apologies for the aftertimiming is that's what you call it in racing but I backed Gilgamboa at 80/1 I near wet my pants 2 from home. 

I ended up with the 2nd, 4th and 6th. 
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: