blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:52:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP Final table
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Final table  (Read 30169 times)
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2013, 02:14:02 PM »

whats the makeup of farbers rail?

Assumed his close friends wouldn't be poker pros given he's an amateur and nightclub owner etc. But Deeb etc there railing etc. too?

To be brutally honest, he has very little chance of winning unless he brutally coolers Ryan a few times, or the blinds get big enough that he just wins a few preflop coups.

Agree great guy, really fun to watch, and would be great for poker if he won. Very sick bluff with the 6 high too, not the play, but how cool and calm he was during the 6 minute tank.

He is a host not a nightclub owner, small diff of a few million $'s

Ah bad information sorry. Maybe he will buy one now then.

Pretty sure he's just going to go ballist on watches/cars

The rest, he'll squander.

Allez!!
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2013, 02:17:36 PM »

Gg

The best man won on the night.

Great advert for the main event.

Guess he will gt a stars deal in the morning.

Totally disagree fwiw
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »

Assumed his close friends wouldn't be poker pros given he's an amateur and nightclub owner etc. But Deeb etc there railing etc. too?

To be brutally honest, he has very little chance of winning unless he brutally coolers Ryan a few times, or the blinds get big enough that he just wins a few preflop coups.

Agree great guy, really fun to watch, and would be great for poker if he won. Very sick bluff with the 6 high too, not the play, but how cool and calm he was during the 6 minute tank.

Best

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2013, 02:39:19 PM »

Best

He has to give $1m to that delightful man Dan Bilzerian first. Then pay tax. He will barely have enough left to keep himself in hookers and blow.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »

Farber arguably made the worst first impression on me since Telscher. Borderline repulsive character, crying about running bad in WSOPE, berating opponents and genuinely meaning it, his sponsors didn't appear massively impressed with his behaviour and assume just tolerate him because they have to. Dempsey assured me he wasn't like this before making the FT but all these reports of him being a "top bloke" couldn't be further off the mark imo
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2013, 02:49:57 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNHsk57f24
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »

Good play from Riess to turn the momentum straight back. Yeah the AA8 one was gift wrapped for him - but he still had to have the heart and composure to take it.

I just meant after this hand it was gg. I was probably watching same stream as you.

Gg

Such a douche for spoilering.

Outdone yourself itt pleno tonight.

Careful  with the insults though, blonde throws weeks bans for 1 word name calling these days.

Yours respectfully

Only applies to respected posters.

Gg

Totally disagree fwiw

How come? Its a great advert for wsopc thats for sure!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »

Gg

Totally disagree fwiw

How come? Its a great advert for wsopc thats for sure!
[/quote]

Same old story that is alienating to anyone who isn't currently a grinder/poker geek. Nothing to say. Nothing to see. Move along...

Agree on the WSOP C to be fair, but who cares about that?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2013, 03:00:05 PM »

Farber arguably made the worst first impression on me since Telscher. Borderline repulsive character, crying about running bad in WSOPE, berating opponents and genuinely meaning it, his sponsors didn't appear massively impressed with his behaviour and assume just tolerate him because they have to. Dempsey assured me he wasn't like this before making the FT but all these reports of him being a "top bloke" couldn't be further off the mark imo

"arrogant big time guy who can be a real dick but who knows how to be nice" is how a mutual friend described him to me.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2013, 03:03:35 PM »

Best

He has to give $1m to that delightful man Dan Bilzerian first. Then pay tax. He will barely have enough left to keep himself in hookers and blow.

Looking at the stream last night, compared to July, I'd imagine he will spend more on steroids than coke  Cheesy

Think Ben Lamb may have had a piece too, he posted a pic of a brand new Ferrari on Twitter with 'You shouldn't have Jay'.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »

The reason why the stnd of play wasn't very high at this final table was because most of the players were not very good, Benefield clearly the best player (and came to play as well hence the K9 and K2 3bet AI's which I dont think anyone else at the table would have made) I actually think JC played fine, the french guy was pretty meh farbor a fairly bad player, reiss is a decent player but nothing more than that Mcluaghlin again decent nothing more that lehavot seemed to be pretty good actually but no-one stood out as a world beater.

There is nothing wrong with this at all, and the spectacle of them playing for so much money (nott like HSP where people who have been playing high stakes for years are playing 400/800 with 40% of their action) this is guys playing way outside their comfort level and that is what makes me enjoy watching it - Riess' face OTT during that Farber 65o bluff was fkn priceless.

Last year the stnd on the FT was outstanding, because there was some v, v good players left 5handed, that isn't going to be the case in a poker tournament everytime, as anyone who has ever entered one should know, so the  baffelment from everyone about how bad everyone played is pretty silly really.

Give Riess a lot of credit though, he battled through a very intense situation admirably and got the job done. He did get a very good run on the cards though but Farber would have needed more than that to beat him imo.

Also- the JJ comments, obviously taking it down pre-flop with JJ is a great result, every pre-flop win worth about $60k in equity.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »

Best

Looking at the stream last night, compared to July, I'd imagine he will spend more on steroids than coke  Cheesy

Think Ben Lamb may have had a piece too, he posted a pic of a brand new Ferrari on Twitter with 'You shouldn't have Jay'.

Maybe he helped coach him and this was payment?  I read before the final that he was friends with Ben Lamb and Vanessa Selbst.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2013, 03:31:41 PM »

My major complaint was that a guy had 15 hours to prepare for the biggest HU match of his entire career and he entered it playing at the level of a 1 dollar hu sng loser. Its just sad to see this when so many people would give their right arm and leg to be able to be in this position. This is the biggest day of his life and he just doesnt seem to care about it.

Reiss was technically bad but it was evident he spent sufficient time trying to build a good counter adjustment game plan, which pre flop worked pretty well. The calls, folds, raises etc post flop I understand take years to master or to get better at as a full ring live mtt player will just not get as many close spots because of the ranges and stacksiyes they play with and against, so that criticism is pretty harsh I agree.

Dont you think though that we can berate, wow, shout, scream etc in this thread, its our version of the world cup final and I want to be involved, I want to be emotional about it, I want to sweat it hard and I want to be a vocal know it all fan, just like I would be in the world cup with England or the FA CUP 4th round with Newcastle, I dont see why that is so bad? If it was the dtd deepstack thread and I was like OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOGM 5x Huh? then I think this would be really bad, and wouldnt intend on doing so in the future, but this is the big one! The WSOP MAIN EVENT!!

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »

"arrogant big time guy who can be a real dick but who knows how to be nice" is how a mutual friend described him to me.

To be fair that description could describe a huge proportion of the American male population of his age group.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2013, 03:34:40 PM »

Best

Maybe he helped coach him and this was payment?  I read before the final that he was friends with Ben Lamb and Vanessa Selbst.

He was trying to sell 40% before the event

https://twitter.com/count505/status/397787480830648322/photo/1
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: