blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 10:25:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272657 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4823 4824 4825 4826 [4827] 4828 4829 4830 4831 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13468733 times)
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #72390 on: March 28, 2014, 05:13:59 AM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-10-finish

Stoke have 3 remaining away games of 7 fixtures, Chelsea, Cardiff and West Brom. They face Hull, Newcastle, Tottenham and Fulham at home.

Aston Villa have 5 remaining away games of 8 fixtures, Man U, Crystal Palace, Swansea, Man City, Tottenham. They face Fulham, Southampton and Hull at home.

Stoke already lead Aston Villa by 3 points, although Villa do have a game in hand.

Stoke play 3 teams ahead of them in the table, 2 of them are at home.

Aston Villa play 4 teams ahead of them in the table, 1 at home.

Stoke are as low as 4/6 but a very nice 7/5 with Cral.

Of course, nothing the bookies don't already know I guess, but one standout price, I've had a bet.
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72391 on: March 28, 2014, 05:35:24 AM »

Shock news, England win a T20 match.

Hale stones the Sri Lankans with an unbeaten 116.

South Africa beat Holland.

Click to see full-size image.

This Man took a few.

The John Daly of the Darts World got beat.

MVG goes top,

Wes drew with Whitlock.

As Arbboy picked an amazing three draws from four.

CWS wrote an astonishing piece on the Volta a Catalunya.

Tomasz Marczynski hang your head in shame for letting CWS down.

My favourite Morecambe and Wise moment.

Now we're stuck with Frankie fucking Boyle.

Salford City get new owners.

Think I prefer Vincent Tan?

Hamilton Quickest in Malaysia.

Not sure if Fred has had a bet?

By all accounts it's called the Katie Price Grand Prix?

Wet, wild and unpredictable.

Wildcats reach the Elite eight.

Squeaky bum time for Moonandback and the rest of us.

Who is this and why is he in the news?

Later.

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #72392 on: March 28, 2014, 07:17:20 AM »

Classic wasted talent of a player, that lad. I didn't know the story, but I just googled it and I'm amazed that's anything like being newsworthy for the BBC! The Star, maybe. Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72393 on: March 28, 2014, 07:40:46 AM »

Malaysian Grand Prix

From a reliability point of view Sepang is far more of a challenge for the teams than Melbourne.

The heat and humidity will stretch the cars’ cooling systems to the limit.

With the new hybrid turbo power units and the powerful batteries in the Energy Recovery System, cooling is critical this year and this in particular is what the Renault powered teams are strugging.

We may see several teams being forced to open the bodywork to improve cooling, which will hurt their aerodynamic performance and in some cases the stability of the cars in the corners.

Winner

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/malaysian-grand-prix/winner

It's 6/4 Hamilton 7/4 Rosberg 16/1 bar the two! The 4/1 value in Rosberg from Australia is gone.

I'd like to see evidence that Hamilton can deal with the challenges of these cars over race distance (fuel conservation an issue at the hotter tracks) before piling in at 6/4. Rosberg is the "safer" race driver in terms of consistent points scoring  

Of course a skewed book creates opportunities. For example McLaren were very reliable in Melbourne and have upgrades for Sepang

see http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12479/9231392/mclaren-pushing-aggressively-to-close-gap-to-mercedes-for-malaysia-and-beyond

We can have Magnusson (quick, talented, definitely a driver to be on the right side of in the years ahead) at 18/1 e/w 1/5 1,2,3 with BetVictory

I think the McLaren/Williams look fundamentally quicker cars than the Ferrari. I would say the McLaren will be back winning races this year

Pole Position

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/malaysian-grand-prix/pole-position

The Mercedes is was one and half seconds a lap quicker than the rest apart from Riccardo on the evidence of one GP qualifying. We would expect that gap to close, but not so easy from one fly-away race to the next. Hamilton is quicker over a single lap than Rosberg. We find Hamilton odds against to be on Pole. I have him odds-on. Risk of heavy rain in qualifying would be the major reason you can get him at odds-against

Podium

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/malaysian-grand-prix/podium-finish

Note the Williams priced a far bit shorter than the McLarens here. The McLaren of Button at 3/1 is the value: The data on the Medium tyre from Melbourne showed that the longest stint was 25 laps by Button. Sepang will present a far stiffer challenge: heat, longer straights, more wear via braking from fast speeds. Very reliable car, it seems with who we know is the best driver at managing tyre wear = potential podium to me. Not one for the win market as his qualifying pace often leaves him down the grid.

To finish

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/malaysian-grand-prix/not-to-finish-the-race

the 8/11 about the Lotae not to finish is gone, now 2/5 best. All of the Renault cars are odds on not to finish except the two Red Bulls where we can get 13/8 Riccardo and Vettel not to finish. It strikes me as unlikely that both Red Bulls would finish

Very interesting to see the two Mercedes at 7/2 not to finish with Bet3sixfive. It does not necessarily follow that quick=reliable. I would be more interested about 7/2 Hamilton not to finish than 6/4 him to win on value grounds

Recommendations

Choose from :

Winner Magnusson £10 e/w at 18-1 Bv 1/5 1,2,3

Hamilton £30 Pole Position at 6/5 Betfried

Button £20 Podium at 3/1 PadraigPowerful or StanleyJimes

Hamilton £20 7/2 Not to finish Betthreesixfive

either Vettel/Riccardo £20 Not to finish 13/8 Coral. Pick the right one.

Morning Rich.

I'm afraid it looks like I am a little late for most of these, the Markets have been removed in most cases. Did not realise the F1 GP started so soon, it's only Friday, ffs.

Magnusson EW. BMU have removed the Market, & only PP were offering a price, they go 18/1, but we got Restricted to £5.79 EW.

Hamilton Pole. The 6/5 had gone, but I took a chance & accepted £30 @ Evens with BetFred. (I gather Mr Mardybum was fastest in first practice, so the price still looks OK). I assume "Pole Position" is the same as "Fastest Qualifier"?  

Button Podium finish - all I could get was 11/4, but I took £20 anyway, with BetFred.

The three "not to finish" bets are NOT on, the Markets are not currently offered.  They may put them back up this morning (they may have removed them overnight due to lack of night traders), if so, I'll try & get on.

Apologies for missing most of the Markets.

29-03-2014 08:00
Outright Betting
Each Way Odds: 1/5 places 1,2,3
K Magnussen @ 18/1

Your Bets

When placing an E/W bet, your total stake will be double the amount you enter in the stake box.
Single: K Magnussen @ 18/1
2 lines at £5.79 per line
Total stake for this bet: £11.58
 Potential returns: £136.64
No: O/23146337/0000458

Total stake: £11.58

--

Bet placed, its reference is 311/337

Bet ref: 311/337 £30.00 Single

F1 Malaysian Gp
Fastest Qualifier

Hamilton, Lewis

EVS

Total stake

£ 30.00

Full estimated return

£ 60.00

--

Bet placed, its reference is 312/338

Bet ref: 312/338 £20.00 Single

F1 Malaysian Gp
Podium Finish

Button, Jenson

11/4

Total stake

£ 20.00

Full estimated return

£ 75.00

3 BETS PLACED
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:42:23 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72394 on: March 28, 2014, 07:44:36 AM »

Malaysian Grand Prix

From a reliability point of view Sepang is far more of a challenge for the teams than Melbourne.

With the new hybrid turbo power units and the powerful batteries in the Energy Recovery System, cooling is critical this year and this in particular is what the Renault powered teams are strugging.

We may see several teams being forced to open the bodywork to improve cooling, which will hurt their aerodynamic performance and in some cases the stability of the cars in the corners.

Winner

It's 6/4 Hamilton 7/4 Rosberg 16/1 bar the two! The 4/1 value in Rosberg from Australia is gone.

I'd like to see evidence that Hamilton can deal with the challenges of these cars over race distance (fuel conservation an issue at the hotter tracks) before piling in at 6/4. Rosberg is the "safer" race driver in terms of consistent points scoring  

Of course a skewed book creates opportunities. For example McLaren were very reliable in Melbourne and have upgrades for Sepang

see http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12479/9231392/mclaren-pushing-aggressively-to-close-gap-to-mercedes-for-malaysia-and-beyond

We can have Magnusson (quick, talented, definitely a driver to be on the right side of in the years ahead) at 18/1 e/w 1/5 1,2,3 with BetVictory

I think the McLaren/Williams look fundamentally quicker cars than the Ferrari. I would say the McLaren will be back winning races this year

Pole Position

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/malaysian-grand-prix/pole-position

The Mercedes is was one and half seconds a lap quicker than the rest apart from Riccardo on the evidence of one GP qualifying. We would expect that gap to close, but not so easy from one fly-away race to the next. Hamilton is quicker over a single lap than Rosberg. We find Hamilton odds against to be on Pole. I have him odds-on. Risk of heavy rain in qualifying would be the major reason you can get him at odds-against

Podium

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/malaysian-grand-prix/podium-finish

Note the Williams priced a far bit shorter than the McLarens here. The McLaren of Button at 3/1 is the value: The data on the Medium tyre from Melbourne showed that the longest stint was 25 laps by Button. Sepang will present a far stiffer challenge: heat, longer straights, more wear via braking from fast speeds. Very reliable car, it seems with who we know is the best driver at managing tyre wear = potential podium to me. Not one for the win market as his qualifying pace often leaves him down the grid.

To finish

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/malaysian-grand-prix/not-to-finish-the-race

the 8/11 about the Lotae not to finish is gone, now 2/5 best. All of the Renault cars are odds on not to finish except the two Red Bulls where we can get 13/8 Riccardo and Vettel not to finish. It strikes me as unlikely that both Red Bulls would finish

Very interesting to see the two Mercedes at 7/2 not to finish with Bet3sixfive. It does not necessarily follow that quick=reliable. I would be more interested about 7/2 Hamilton not to finish than 6/4 him to win on value grounds

Recommendations

Choose from :

Pretty much agree on all these, though not sure on Hamilton not to finish. 

I also think we should back Magnussen each way for the championship.  We missed the 20/1 speculative punt I put up in January and then waited for the price to crash to 12/1 before backing him to win in Australia. 

Today, after he has confirmed his pace and maturity and with points for 2nd place in Australia in the bag we can back him at a revised price of 20/1.  Think 4/1 the place is very good.  If have this between him and Button at the minute.  The Ferraris and Red Bulls are still a bit slow and at least the latter had doubtful reliability.  The Williams deserve to be a bigger price even if I like Bottas. 

Suggest fifteen each way is good with Billy Hillbillies or Vet Bicktor. 

Thanks Mr David, done.

2014 F1 Champion, Magnusson, £15 EW @ 20/1, (one fifth, 1,2,3) Wm Hill.

29 Mar 2014 - F1 Championship - Drivers Championship 2014 - Drivers Championship 2014

Kevin Magnussen @ 20/1  EW @ 1/5 1-3

Stake : £30.00 (£15.00 x 2)

Estimated Returns : £

Transaction Reference:

O/0457483/0000896/F

BET PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #72395 on: March 28, 2014, 08:44:55 AM »

Malaysian Grand Prix

Winner

Pole Position

Podium

To finish

Recommendations

Choose from :

Pretty much agree on all these, though not sure on Hamilton not to finish. 

I also think we should back Magnussen each way for the championship.  We missed the 20/1 speculative punt I put up in January and then waited for the price to crash to 12/1 before backing him to win in Australia. 

Today, after he has confirmed his pace and maturity and with points for 2nd place in Australia in the bag we can back him at a revised price of 20/1.  Think 4/1 the place is very good.  If have this between him and Button at the minute.  The Ferraris and Red Bulls are still a bit slow and at least the latter had doubtful reliability.  The Williams deserve to be a bigger price even if I like Bottas. 

Suggest fifteen each way is good with Billy Hillbillies or Vet Bicktor. 

Thanks Mr David, done.

2014 F1 Champion, Magnusson, £15 EW @ 20/1, (one fifth, 1,2,3) Wm Hill.

29 Mar 2014 - F1 Championship - Drivers Championship 2014 - Drivers Championship 2014

Kevin Magnussen @ 20/1  EW @ 1/5 1-3

Stake : £30.00 (£15.00 x 2)

Estimated Returns : £

Transaction Reference:

O/0457483/0000896/F

BET PLACED

The information available this morning is quite different to the information available a few days ago.  Not sure we should be taking worse prices in the circumstances. 

I wasn't bothered if we didn't bet, I realised you were very busy. 

As an aside there was a quality moment on Sunday's show where after a discussion of actuarial work and mortality (this really happened, though it may have been a nightmare), Anna(?) suggested it was more interesting than your usual conversation.  I almost spat my coffee out. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72396 on: March 28, 2014, 09:00:23 AM »

The information available this morning is quite different to the information available a few days ago.  Not sure we should be taking worse prices in the circumstances. 

As an aside there was a quality moment on Sunday's show where after a discussion of actuarial work and mortality (this really happened, though it may have been a nightmare), Anna(?) suggested it was more interesting than your usual conversation.  I almost spat my coffee out. 

Yes, I'm just conscious that I've been Fred AWOL for a week or more, & wanted to try & get a few bits & bobs on, & commence the catch up. Really, I suppose, I should just leave "stale" stuff, but it seems so ungrateful & disrespectful to just ignore it. I was rather houing that with the overnight news from Malayasia, Mardybum's price was still value, too. It's been the week from Hell this week, but plenty good came out of it, too.

And yes, I raised the topic - on a poker Show - of mortality rates & the Actuarial (sp?) profession. Anna claimed she was fascinated, but I think she's hitting on me lately. 

PS - Our F1 Championship price on Magnusson was not worse, it was the same.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #72397 on: March 28, 2014, 09:26:37 AM »

Yes, I'm just conscious that I've been Fred AWOL for a week or more, & wanted to try & get a few bits & bobs on, & commence the catch up. Really, I suppose, I should just leave "stale" stuff, but it seems so ungrateful & disrespectful to just ignore it. I was rather houing that with the overnight news from Malayasia, Mardybum's price was still value, too. It's been the week from Hell this week, but plenty good came out of it, too.

And yes, I raised the topic - on a poker Show - of mortality rates & the Actuarial (sp?) profession. Anna claimed she was fascinated, but I think she's hitting on me lately. 

PS - Our F1 Championship price on Magnusson was not worse, it was the same.

I was thinking more race prices, but responded to this post instead.  The Ferraris are looking more competitive, which is probably bad for all non Mercedes bets.  The race is likely different though.  Still thread hero Lewis Hamilton will likely save us.  Such talent that fella, and a sparkling personality to boot.  We should all be proud of what he has done for this Country.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72398 on: March 28, 2014, 09:42:34 AM »

sparkling personality

Err, yes......

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72399 on: March 28, 2014, 09:43:44 AM »

Daily Report

Loss on Month £890.47

Outstanding Bets £4166.02

Countdown £9.44

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc&usp=drive_web#gid=22

No bets completed yesterday, but the F1 bets placed this morning have taken us to within a tenner of the £100,000 volume mark, since 31st January 2012. In profit over that time, though in loss this year.

Various pieces of activty yesterday

Sri Lanka had never lost defending 160 or more in a T20I. England were 0-2 and 6-1 outright to win at that point. What followed was one of THE great cricket innings in any format as Alex Hales, out of form for over a year, without a fifty in Australia or the West Indies blasted 114* off 64 balls to throw a rather large cat into a group containing some very comfortable pigeons.

The result of this game, and South Africa's narrow squeak past the Netherlands, means that the weekend's games are de facto Quarter finals with the winners of England v SA and Sri Lanka v NZ likely to go through to the semis. We have Sri Lanka and NZ so yesterday's result was bad news. We funk for Sri Lanka as NZ is a free bet

One impact of the Hales innings was it makes it very difficult for Buttler and Bopara to win our bets. At 0-2 you are of course hopeful that the pair will get to bat a lot of overs. Hales and Morgan thought otherwise,

including surviving this over from Malinga

I more frustrating news ABDeVilliers only scored 21 for SA. A disappointing tournament so far for the top ranked batsman in this format

Today the West Indies play Australia. Our eyes are on Finch, Simmons, Badree and Santokie

In the NCAA Arizona reached the quarter finals of March Madness where they now face Wisconsin. on at 15/1 Arizona are now 9/2 second favourites

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/ncaab/ncaa-championship/winner

Early this morning in Malaysia in F1 FP1 and FP2  Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg beat Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen to set fastest time in second practice at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel was third as the fastest three cars were split by just 0.061 seconds.

Rosberg's team-mate Lewis Hamilton was fourth from Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, both of them within 0.2secs of Rosberg.

McLaren have a new front nose to their car aimed at getting more airflow under the car and increasing downforce. However, the change did not appear to deliver the half-second improvement chairman Ron Dennis had predicted in Australia.

Magnussen, who finished a sensational second to Rosberg in his debut race in Australia two weeks ago, had a difficult day.

His car ground to a halt in the first session when a sensor put the car into 'limp mode' to protect the engine. And in the second session he complained of not being able to get the power down and the team made changes to both the front suspension and brakes.

The two or three day lag between recommend and bet placement here has not helped us, as new information in the meantime was not assimilated. One of those things

Meanwhile for Lotus

I think Arbboy had another three draws on the darts last night. I won't tot up the lost profits, or remind you of the lostprophets for too long either...

Finally, this man had his Pro day ahead of the NFL Draft in May.......

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #72400 on: March 28, 2014, 09:52:33 AM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-10-finish

Stoke have 3 remaining away games of 7 fixtures, Chelsea, Cardiff and West Brom. They face Hull, Newcastle, Tottenham and Fulham at home.

Aston Villa have 5 remaining away games of 8 fixtures, Man U, Crystal Palace, Swansea, Man City, Tottenham. They face Fulham, Southampton and Hull at home.

Stoke already lead Aston Villa by 3 points, although Villa do have a game in hand.

Stoke play 3 teams ahead of them in the table, 2 of them are at home.

Aston Villa play 4 teams ahead of them in the table, 1 at home.

Stoke are as low as 4/6 but a very nice 7/5 with Cral.

Of course, nothing the bookies don't already know I guess, but one standout price, I've had a bet.

It's not really a stand out price.  Just a case of Ladbrokes 'ducking' Stoke which they have done all season tbf.  I am a stoke fan and have followed their prices in various market's all season.  The bf price seems around the 11/8 market. They (ladbrokes) have happily been top Stoke to go down every week since before xmas often bigger than bf and offering clear arbs.  They clearly have a view on Stoke being 'ahead' of the market so to speak and are bottom price Stoke again this weekend against Hull at Evens when they are a general 6/5-23/20.  Not saying its not a good bet but its more Ladbrokes 'extreme' view of stoke which creates this difference.  Whether they are right or wrong i don't know.  

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/stoke-v-hull/winner

The key factor is the sporting index's season point's which has Stoke well ahead of Villa.

http://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football-domestic/premier-league/mm4.uk.meeting.4191659/premier-league-points-2013-2014

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:55:15 AM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72401 on: March 28, 2014, 09:59:56 AM »

Man City have 9 games remaining, those of which include weak teams such as Arsenal, Sunderland, West Brom, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, West Ham. Tougher games are Everton, Liverpool and Southampton,

Arsenal? 4th one place behind City....you can't put them in the same bracket as the other "weak" teams, surely!

When is Aguero scheduled to be back?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #72402 on: March 28, 2014, 10:01:51 AM »

Man City have 9 games remaining, those of which include weak teams such as Arsenal, Sunderland, West Brom, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, West Ham. Tougher games are Everton, Liverpool and Southampton,

Arsenal? 4th one place behind City....you can't put them in the same bracket as the other "weak" teams, surely!

Please post this on arsenal thread to get Adz on tilt!!!!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #72403 on: March 28, 2014, 10:06:01 AM »

Might as a well inform him that AW has all but confirmed he is staying on too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #72404 on: March 28, 2014, 10:06:34 AM »

LOL

We written off your £100 loss yet Einstein?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 4823 4824 4825 4826 [4827] 4828 4829 4830 4831 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: