blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:11:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272653 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5241 5242 5243 5244 [5245] 5246 5247 5248 5249 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13465187 times)
GreekWay

View Profile
« Reply #78660 on: May 26, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »

BE are doing a great job since they got Brodders on board and his football tips show a ROI over 12% in a sample of over 200 bets.

So should Fred start betting on Brodders selections?

Discuss.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78661 on: May 26, 2014, 04:23:16 PM »

BE are doing a great job since they got Brodders on board and his football tips show a ROI over 12% in a sample of over 200 bets.

Discuss.

are they free to access?

if yes, then they can be placed if someone pops them up

but personally i would prefer tips from people who post on the thread (as neil and joe do, so their recommendations on BE are good to go if we want to follow them)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #78662 on: May 26, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »

Discuss.

By all means back his tips off thread. It doesn't seem in fitting with the spirit of the thread if Brodders does not post on the Blonde forum.
GreekWay

View Profile
« Reply #78663 on: May 26, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »

Discuss.

are they free to access?

if yes, then they can be placed if someone pops them up

but personally i would prefer tips from people who post on the thread (as neil and joe do, so their recommendations on BE are good to go if we want to follow them)

They are free, yes.

I just made a suggestion, its on us to decide whether to go with it or not.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78664 on: May 26, 2014, 04:43:38 PM »

Reports suggest that Spurs are in advanced talks with Mauricio Pochettino...

10-May   mark porter   WilliamHill   june-2014   football   next tottenham manager   pochettino   9/4   20

not

22-May   Tal   betvictor   june-2014   football   next tottenham manager   Murat Yakin   66/1   10

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #78665 on: May 26, 2014, 04:43:52 PM »

Is it true the England football squad are flying out a day later than originally planned, because they want to watch Froch v Groves?

For all the panto, for all the nonsense and for all the media conveniently forgetting these two are a long way from the best fighter in the division, I'm getting uncomfortably interested in the result of this fight next weekend.

All the talk if you listen to the media is that it's a flip and that Groves has shown what an emerging talent he is. I really like Froch for this fight. His head was all over the place last time and he was far too eager to brawl with a younger, sharper man. He will be more inclined to keep his distance early this time and use his experience to quell the baying crowd for the first few rounds.

The ref has been the source of further dispute, with the initial choice, Jack Reiss, deemed a bit too strict for Froch's camp (we all know Froch has a tendency to get a little dirty when being hugged - granted, if the ref doesn't see it, it's not illegal). Incidentally, Groves objected to one of the judges chosen, so he's been replaced, too.

We now have Charlie Fitch, who won't be a household name to many of those watching. He's not known for Clattenburging, so is unlikely to be noticed as the two fighters (who don't like each other, apparently - not sure if anyone's mentioned that) go toe to toe.

Billy Mountain says it's 11/8 to go the distance. Neither of them will want to lose. Groves knows if he goes hard and ends up on his bum, his chances of getting a third go will be zero and his next title fight will be a while away. As for Froch, he has everything to lose and has to be smarter. McCracken in his corner will have spent the last three months getting him straighter and more controlled.

4/6 Froch isn't that enticing, but 11/8 for it to go to the final bell (in either direction) seems to be exactly what the bosses would love (the two great warriors embrace at the end, drained of all their energy and recognising how hard the other has fought. A truly great night in British sport...yada yada...) seems too big. I would have expected a shade over evens: 11/10 ish.

Thoughts from the boxing elders?

Well hopefully I've got the correct fight and not one happening in 2017 but fight to go the distance yes is 2.7 with Bwin

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/carl-froch-v-george-groves/will-fight-go-the-distance

I'd rather back it than lay it, probably won't be betting it though.

There should be some spots in the undercard fights once the sub markets get priced up.
Eddycadub

View Profile
« Reply #78666 on: May 26, 2014, 04:46:38 PM »

I think Under 183.5 in the Heat/Pacers game tonight is a bet. Pacers usually try to bounce back from losses with more defensive activity, and a hopefully more healthy paul george should help with this. Also the line is trending downwards on Pinnacle atm which is usually a good sign. Recommend £22 @ 10/11 (on william hill)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 04:48:56 PM by Eddycadub » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78667 on: May 26, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »

I think Under 183.5 in the Heat/Pacers game tonight is a bet. Pacers usually try to bounce back from losses with more defensive activity, and a hopefully more healthy paul george should help with this. Also the line is trending downwards on Pinnacle atm which is usually a good sign. Recommend £22 @ 10/11 (on william hill)

shouldn't they try to combat a loss with more offensive activity?

don't worry, not a game i follow closely enough to know the tactics

Your bet has been placed with William Hill.
Thank you and good luck! Print Receipt
Single

27 May 2014 - Indiana Pacers @ Miami Heat - Total Points

Under (183.5) @ 10/11

Stake : £22.00
Estimated Returns : £
Transaction Reference:
O/0457483/0000967/F

My eyes are open wide
Eddycadub

View Profile
« Reply #78668 on: May 26, 2014, 05:02:37 PM »

shouldn't they try to combat a loss with more offensive activity?

Pacers are a team built around defence and struggle on offence, so for them I think they'll try to lock Miami down after allowing 99 pts last game. They are very capable of that, having shut down the wizards for long stretches in the last round (although wizards arent quite on the same level as miami). Plus when the line is moving down on sharp sites, we are kinda printing EV by betting it at this line.
^ think all that makes some sense anyway lol, we'll see how it plays out.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #78669 on: May 26, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »

10-May   mark porter   WilliamHill   june-2014   football   next tottenham manager   pochettino   9/4   20

not

22-May   Tal   betvictor   june-2014   football   next tottenham manager   Murat Yakin   66/1   10

In fairness to Tal, it was his recommendation in the first place and I just sort of tapped in it.

It became fairly clear as soon as he didn't quickly accept the Southampton contract extension over two weeks ago now that he was waiting for the situation at Spurs to present itself. I expect it will be sorted pretty quickly now.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #78670 on: May 26, 2014, 05:22:26 PM »

not

In fairness to Tal, it was his recommendation in the first place and I just sort of tapped in it.

It became fairly clear as soon as he didn't quickly accept the Southampton contract extension over two weeks ago now that he was waiting for the situation at Spurs to present itself. I expect it will be sorted pretty quickly now.

Seems a done deal now, yep. He has had talks in English and has, it is rumoured, been told to do his post-match interviews in English.

Have to love who the US journos quote as their primary source:

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/26/reports-mauricio-pochettino-to-be-named-spurs-boss-this-week/

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #78671 on: May 26, 2014, 05:48:06 PM »

Is it true the England football squad are flying out a day later than originally planned, because they want to watch Froch v Groves?

For all the panto, for all the nonsense and for all the media conveniently forgetting these two are a long way from the best fighter in the division, I'm getting uncomfortably interested in the result of this fight next weekend.

All the talk if you listen to the media is that it's a flip and that Groves has shown what an emerging talent he is. I really like Froch for this fight. His head was all over the place last time and he was far too eager to brawl with a younger, sharper man. He will be more inclined to keep his distance early this time and use his experience to quell the baying crowd for the first few rounds.

The ref has been the source of further dispute, with the initial choice, Jack Reiss, deemed a bit too strict for Froch's camp (we all know Froch has a tendency to get a little dirty when being hugged - granted, if the ref doesn't see it, it's not illegal). Incidentally, Groves objected to one of the judges chosen, so he's been replaced, too.

We now have Charlie Fitch, who won't be a household name to many of those watching. He's not known for Clattenburging, so is unlikely to be noticed as the two fighters (who don't like each other, apparently - not sure if anyone's mentioned that) go toe to toe.

Billy Mountain says it's 11/8 to go the distance. Neither of them will want to lose. Groves knows if he goes hard and ends up on his bum, his chances of getting a third go will be zero and his next title fight will be a while away. As for Froch, he has everything to lose and has to be smarter. McCracken in his corner will have spent the last three months getting him straighter and more controlled.

4/6 Froch isn't that enticing, but 11/8 for it to go to the final bell (in either direction) seems to be exactly what the bosses would love (the two great warriors embrace at the end, drained of all their energy and recognising how hard the other has fought. A truly great night in British sport...yada yada...) seems too big. I would have expected a shade over evens: 11/10 ish.

Thoughts from the boxing elders?

Well hopefully I've got the correct fight and not one happening in 2017 but fight to go the distance yes is 2.7 with Bwin

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/carl-froch-v-george-groves/will-fight-go-the-distance

That's a good find. The Hill market is under Specials! Let's see what the boxing corries say. I'm just an enthusiast (and part time cynic).

Be careful if you're taking advantage of the BMU offer, where it will refund losing bets (as a free bet) if either fighter is knocked out, as it doesn't include TKO. I'm sure that's standard, but always worth knowing how good the offer is.

The 17/10 is ok but I prefer the Groves by decision at 4.7 on Betfair.  I see the fight playing out much the same as the first fight.  Groves is technically better and will box the ears of Froch early doors before Froch comes on strong in the 2nd half of the fight.  The key for me is how much Groves learnt from the first fight.  He doesn't have the mental scars of a defeat as he believes the fight was incorrectly stopped prematurely.  He has a point, however I don't think the early stoppage changed the outcome of the fight and Groves had got very ragged and had allowed himself to be dragged in to a dogfight.  If he can box to a gameplan for the full 12 rounds and his stamina holds up I think he wins a handy decision.

Froch won't have learnt new tricks at the age of 36 and despite what he would have us believe the Froch that enters the ring on Saturday won't be significantly better than the one who stepped in the ring in the first fight.  He keeps telling us we will see a performance like he delivered against Abraham and Bute but he is up against a very different animal in Groves.  One who can outbox him and one who won't choke on the night.  He now knows just how good Groves is but doing anything about it is another matter.  He has always struggled against boxers with good footwork and handspeed (Ward, Taylor, Dirrel, Groves) so I struggle to see him winning enough rounds to take a points win.  His best bet is to apply relentless pressure and hope Groves unravels as he did to an extent in the first fight.  I think Groves will have too much knowhow to allow that to happen this time around.

Also for anyone lucky enough to have a working Spoilsports account I like the 11/4 on no knockdowns. 

I'm looking forward to this one!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #78672 on: May 26, 2014, 06:00:21 PM »

I don't believe Froch will come into the ring a changed man. Don't get me wrong. However, he can adapt better than he did last time and his weaknesses were amateur, technical points like not covering on the way out and exposing himself to Groves's counters. He's a better fighter than he showed last time, albeit slower and on the way down. Groves is sharp and, yes that's his Achilles heel. If he doesn't walk onto one, though, is Froch really going to end up on the canvas and not get back up?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #78673 on: May 26, 2014, 06:14:14 PM »

I don't believe Froch will come into the ring a changed man. Don't get me wrong. However, he can adapt better than he did last time and his weaknesses were amateur, technical points like not covering on the way out and exposing himself to Groves's counters. He's a better fighter than he showed last time, albeit slower and on the way down. Groves is sharp and, yes that's his Achilles heel. If he doesn't walk onto one, though, is Froch really going to end up on the canvas and not get back up?

I think we may see Froch more switched on mentally and he will have far more respect for Groves' boxing ability and power than he did first time around.  McCracken is also pretty shrewd and will have been working on a gameplan to combat Groves' threat.  Not getting scrambled in round one will also help him.  I just think Groves is the one open to most improvement and wouldn't be totally shocked if this was pretty one sided.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #78674 on: May 26, 2014, 06:19:54 PM »

I think we may see Froch more switched on mentally and he will have far more respect for Groves' boxing ability and power than he did first time around.  McCracken is also pretty shrewd and will have been working on a gameplan to combat Groves' threat.  Not getting scrambled in round one will also help him.  I just think Groves is the one open to most improvement and wouldn't be totally shocked if this was pretty one sided.

The only surprise will be if Eddie Hearn doesn't describe it as the greatest fight in British boxing history, or something similar.

Mind you, if Tighty says it, it'll probably signal the apocalypse.

Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 5241 5242 5243 5244 [5245] 5246 5247 5248 5249 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: