blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:43:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1552 1553 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 1559 1560 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6359106 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #23325 on: October 24, 2011, 02:51:18 PM »

Whats Tom's job ?
Diamond jubilee flag seller he's busy making the flags
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #23326 on: October 24, 2011, 06:17:32 PM »

already a thread on this rich

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=55487.msg1443977#new

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23327 on: October 24, 2011, 06:25:55 PM »

Whats Tom's job ?

Tom is engaged by Derbyshire County Council, representing the Gypsy Community to, & for, Derbyshire County Council, doing all manner of things, & his role includes consultation at both local & national Government level when new legislation is being drafted. Hence his frequent trips to London, often to the Palace of Westminster, where he sits on Committee Meetings & White Paper consultative thingies. The term "Consultation" is loose enough to enjoy a variety of disingenuos meanings, so Tom often has to force the pace in such matters.

It is in this role that he meets so many interesting characters, politicians especially, both good & bad, & was how he came to engage with Rory Stewart MP.

Mrs Red has also done Community work for various regulatory bodies on behalf of the Gypsy Community for many years now, though I believe her role is a largely volunteer one, & she has done this for donkeys years now. I'm comvinced she will be Honoured for it eventully. I do hope so.

Tom's role is funded by Local Governmnt, & future Funding is in the balance, but he is hopeful it may continue for a while yet. He enjoys the role immensely, EXCEPT for the paperwork.....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:11:38 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23328 on: October 24, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »

Nick Jenkins posted it in "The Lounge", too. Stunning, absolutely stunning, especially those taken as the tsunami occurred.

If the tsunami itself was a shock, the manner in which the Japanese have gone about trying to re-establish normal life is also a real eye-opener. Well done them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23329 on: October 24, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »

Whats Tom's job ?

Tom is engaged by Derbyshire County Council, representing the Gypsy Community to, & for, Derbyshire County Council, doing all manner of things, & his role includes consultation at both local & national Government level when new legislation is being drafted. Hence his frequent trips to London, often to the Palace of Westminster, where he sits on Committee Meetings & White Paper consultative thingies. The term "Consultation" is loose enough to enjoy a variety of disingenuos meanings, so Tom often has to force the pace in such matters.

It is in this role that he meets so many interesting characters, politicians especially, both good & bad, & was how he came to engage with Rory Stewart MP.

Mrs Red has also done Community work for various regulatory bodies on behalf of the Gypsy Community for many years now, though I believe her role is a largely volunteer one, & she has done this for donkeys years now.

Tom's role is funded by Local Governmnt, & future Funding is in the balance, but he is hopeful it may continue for a while yet. He enjoys the role immensely, EXCEPT for the paperwork.....

That's really interesting, I'm surprised it never really came up on his diary before, especially considering the many Gypsy discussions (apologies if to Tom if it has come up and I missed it). Actually I imagine confidentiality is important in his role, so that's probably why.

What do you do for a living Tony? Trains or someink?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23330 on: October 24, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »

I rarely glance at things political at all, but Rory Stewart, who I had previously never heard of, seems like a very interesting fellow.
Was curious enough to find out whether he could speak with presence..... probably unsurprising that he orates exceptionally, and is very engaging.

Looks like he is a backbencher for now, but must be a potential star for the future.

I'm not sure of the requirements, and mechanisms, which go towards making a party leader / PM, but surely he must have a shot at this at some point?

(BTW, welcome back to diaryland Mr K..... I very much enjoy the days when you do a catch up session).

Yes, he looks to have a glittering future, perhaps as Prime Minister, or maybe something more rewarding, in every sense.

Can we expect you to grace us with your presence on Saturday @ DTD Mr G? I very much hope so. Quite a few other close friends will be present, & it'd be great if that included you.

TY for your kind comments as to diary. I feel the hunger to write returning, time permitting, & I have a mountain of stuff to Diary.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:33:55 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23331 on: October 24, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »

Whats Tom's job ?

Mrs Red has also done Community work for various regulatory bodies on behalf of the Gypsy Community for many years now, though I believe her role is a largely volunteer one, & she has done this for donkeys years now.

That's really interesting, I'm surprised it never really came up on his diary before, especially considering the many Gypsy discussions (apologies if to Tom if it has come up and I missed it). Actually I imagine confidentiality is important in his role, so that's probably why.

What do you do for a living Tony? Trains or someink?

Tom was always a shade coy about discussing his job on blonde, which now makes me wonder if I should have replied so openly, but it's too late now I guess.

What do I do for a living? Odd-job man, I guess. I think I would shrivel up & die if I did not have a job, a purpose in life, something to keep me busy. I run good.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23332 on: October 24, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »

So what happened on September 19th?

Give up Ralph - you'll have to remind me.

My Diary says "AGCC Hearing, London" (eventually held in camera) & "865 Channel Review".

Gissa clue....

Well you didn't post on here for about ten days subsequent to that date so I thought you might have been abducted by aliens or something.

think you could be right ralph. during that 10 day period mr tikay actually joined several of us for an evening in a public house, a proper one that serves beer and has drunk people in it and stuff so alien abduction and brainwashing is a real possibility

Tis true, I spent an evening in a noisy drinking establishment in Piccadilly with a group of reprobates who were all unable to identify the voice of the one & only Don Henly, he of "Eagles" fame. It was a Quiz of some sort, & I got DOUBLE points for that contribution, whilst the rest of my Team (AndrewT, Claw, Tighty & Gatters) struggled to even name the world's largest desert, or London's tube line with the most stations, & one of our number - female - got very drunk. Nice drunk, it must be said. She repeatedly insisted I had often groped her in unseemly places, such as Luton. If true, I'm sure I'd remember such a momentous occasion.

Despite hating the teeming crowds "up west", & my dislike of pubs generally, I enjoyed it immensely, sitting there supping my latte in the pub. Was not quite so keen when the book I had with me, for reading on the train (Piccadilly Line, every 4 minutes, 42 minutes from Leicester Square to Hatton Cross, amazing service), stuck to the alcohol-soaked table, that sort of "sticky" thing that spilt alcohol does, & my book still reeks of stale beer. But not cigarettes, or smoke, obv.

Was good to see Joe Beevers there, all patched up in THM's new sponsor "Genting" (pronounced with a hard "G" I'm forcefully told) patches. I have always got along well with Joe, & I respect him greatly for his hard work, & success, over at THM, which has made him quite a wealthy man, I imagine. Not too many earn lasting income & money on that scale at Poker. The FTP debacle must have wounded his professional pride considerably, though, not to mention financial losses.

Joe & I endured a strong difference of opinion 4 or 5 years back over the P4C affair, Joe being very close to Davey Newth, & he sort of got very cross with me for allowing the matter to be openly aired on blonde. It was one of those inevitable falling-outs when 2 friends are on opposite sides of a third party dispute, but he handled it very well, me too I would like to think, & we are hunky-dory now, though we steer clear of P4C convo, of course. No point in looking for trouble, in my case, it seems to gravitate itself my way without much help.

Was quite a surprise to see JP Kelly there, repping 'Stars, not too many of 'Stars "faces" would have bothered. I can only think of one - Vicky - who would have done so, in fact. Of late, I have been more & more impressed with how professional Vicky is for 'Stars, many could take lessons from her. I also enjoy her increasing presence on TV, she's really incredibly bright, & there are few things to admire more in life than the company of intelligent young ladies. I hope that does not sound as patronising & condescending as it....err, does. It's not meant to.

A very pleasing & memorable evening, all in all, & I get up to all sorts of "odd" things these days, as I now deliberately try to spend 1 to 2 days every week when I do not log onto the internet except for my company e-Mails, but that's another diary story, to follow, maybe. Life balance, & all that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:36:02 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23333 on: October 24, 2011, 07:17:11 PM »

OK, 7.15, & I'm off to "work", it's my PTP evening next door tonight. Booked to play 5 Tourneys, 1 X £22, 3 x £2.20, & 1 x £1.10. Eat your heart out railtard.

I must be the only guy who plays £1k tourneys & £1.10 Tourneys in the same week, & enjoys them equally. AND I get paid for it. MBN.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23334 on: October 24, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »

OK, 7.15, & I'm off to "work", it's my PTP evening next door tonight. Booked to play 5 Tourneys, 1 X £22, 3 x £2.20, & 1 x £1.10. Eat your heart out railtard.

I must be the only guy who plays £1k tourneys & £1.10 Tourneys in the same week, & enjoys them equally. AND I get paid for it. MBN.

just as well really

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23335 on: October 24, 2011, 07:25:52 PM »

just as well really

There's always one, sigh. Fine wordage from the site rep of POKER ENCORE.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #23336 on: October 24, 2011, 07:38:49 PM »

Drilling contractor
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23337 on: October 24, 2011, 07:41:57 PM »

Can we get cliffs on how you busted the 220 tikay, I am still in shock that you were out so early, Scotty77 busting I can understand but you, was it quads under quintiples?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23338 on: October 24, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »

It would appear that you need some instruction in the art of groping if you only got as unseemly as Luton.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #23339 on: October 24, 2011, 10:35:21 PM »

one of our number - female - got very drunk.

don't let the long hair and flip-flops fool you - gatso is actually a boy type person.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 ... 1552 1553 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 1559 1560 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: