blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:04:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2467 2468 2469 2470 [2471] 2472 2473 2474 2475 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6355700 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37050 on: April 11, 2014, 08:13:52 AM »

2k-12k in Stars plo8 mtts? I'd say you could do it in 6 months if you played a lot. Of course you'd need to check scheduling and it wouldn't be done on Sky. Impressive ability to grind and very solid results. Could we get a graph too?

Thank you Adam.

Graph? I do have a Sharkscope graph which shows it all, very much a "before & after" affair, but buggered if I know how to Upload it to here. Bear with me, I'll have a go.

I never got round to finishing the story of the UKPC Omaha event, in which you featured so prominently after that incredible comeback. I hope to finish the tale this weekend, whilst I'm having my little sabbatical, & getting caught up on stuff. 

Still need to do.....

UKPC Omaha

UKPC

Gong

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #37051 on: April 11, 2014, 07:24:36 PM »

I went up to Wollaton Park GC this lunchtime for a little fresh air and a jaunt round nine holes and was delighted to see nobody on the first hole and an apparently clear course which is not that unusual on a Friday afternoon if there's no society booked in.

I played a few holes (bogeyed the first, parred the second and third) before I got caught up behind a few 4-balls, and noticed a young fellow playing behind me also on his own with what looked from a distance like a pretty decent golf-swing so when he caught up I invited him to join me and we played a few holes together.

A really charming young man with lovely manners who was not a member but visiting from nearby Beeston Fields, he looked about 16 but was in fact 14 and played off a handicap of two!! He was hitting his drives about forty yards past me so goodness knows what he'll do when he's fully grown.

He already plays for the Notts. county junior team and I reckon he has a very bright future wherever he decides to persue it. It's such a pleasure to meet someone so young with great talent but also modest and  impeccably behaved.

Jake Sendon or Sindon is his name, and I think he'll go far.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37052 on: April 11, 2014, 07:48:37 PM »

I went up to Wollaton Park GC this lunchtime for a little fresh air and a jaunt round nine holes and was delighted to see nobody on the first hole and an apparently clear course which is not that unusual on a Friday afternoon if there's no society booked in.

I played a few holes (bogeyed the first, parred the second and third) before I got caught up behind a few 4-balls, and noticed a young fellow playing behind me also on his own with what looked from a distance like a pretty decent golf-swing so when he caught up I invited him to join me and we played a few holes together.

A really charming young man with lovely manners who was not a member but visiting from nearby Beeston Fields, he looked about 16 but was in fact 14 and played off a handicap of two!! He was hitting his drives about forty yards past me so goodness knows what he'll do when he's fully grown.

He already plays for the Notts. county junior team and I reckon he has a very bright future wherever he decides to persue it. It's such a pleasure to meet someone so young with great talent but also modest and  impeccably behaved.

That is a lovely story, Ralph, thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #37053 on: April 11, 2014, 09:48:01 PM »

He already plays for the Notts. county junior team and I reckon he has a very bright future wherever he decides to persue it. It's such a pleasure to meet someone so young with great talent but also modest and  impeccably behaved.

A lad who used to work for a friend of mine, in his bakery ,was, at 15, ranked in the low teens in the UK. Played off scratch (whatever that means  ) and then discovered girls. Unfortunately that was the end of it, much to the disappointment of his Dad.

Ah! The element of surprise
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #37054 on: April 11, 2014, 10:31:51 PM »

I think I got the lad's name mixed up with a few players that I've probably done my money on in The Masters and that it's actually Benson. He also said that his dad played for the county(Notts.).

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37055 on: April 11, 2014, 10:36:45 PM »

I think I got the lad's name mixed up with a few players that I've probably done my money on in The Masters and that it's actually Benson. He also said that his dad played for the county(Notts.).

Thought it was a remarkable coincidence - Senden, currently Top Aussie in The Masters!

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37056 on: April 11, 2014, 11:22:02 PM »

Benson's are golfing family through and through from Beeston. Dad Pete and grandad Alan used to run the county juniors. Not that unusual these days for scratch golfers to be only 14-15 years old. Thinks sherwood had a lad off +3 at 17 last year. They don't all make it though. Beer, girls, work, education all get in the way.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #37057 on: April 14, 2014, 01:09:21 PM »

Hi pops

I am sure you may have read this over the weekend but this is a great insight into the life of the marker who plays with the players who have to play their rounds at Augusta and he seems to be a fairly decent player himself Wink

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/meet-jeff-knox--the-guy-with-the-greatest-job-in-golf--augusta-marker-155021216.html

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:20:39 PM by Eso Kral » Logged

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #37058 on: April 14, 2014, 01:12:53 PM »

Hi pops

I am sure you may have read this over the weekend but this is a great insight into the life of the marker who plays with the players who have to play their rounds at Augusta and he seems to be a fairly decent player himself Wink

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/meet-jeff-knox--the-guy-with-the-greatest-job-in-golf--augusta-marker-155021216.html

FYP?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #37059 on: April 14, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »

Hi pops

FYP?
Cheers Doobs FMP Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #37060 on: April 14, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »

He already plays for the Notts. county junior team and I reckon he has a very bright future wherever he decides to persue it. It's such a pleasure to meet someone so young with great talent but also modest and  impeccably behaved.

Nice story Ralph. Jake is Peter Benson's lad , Pete being a member of Beeston Fields when I was there for a few years.

Spoke to him last week ( obviously to do with betting on the Masters ) , Pete that is , not Jake. Knew his lad was good but
not THAT good. Will bring it up next time I speak to him , he will be made up about your story .

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:27:29 PM by bookiebasher » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37061 on: April 15, 2014, 08:22:31 AM »

Hi pops

That's a great little story, Mr B, thanks.

Loved your "Shop" story & the background to it, too.

Good to see you over the weekend. Day 2 did not go as well as I'd hoped.......Apologies for not bading farewell, but I wanted to get home to watch Messrs Watson & Spieth do their business. That went rather better.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37062 on: April 15, 2014, 08:32:26 AM »

I must now interrupt this Diary to talk about poker, for a change....

A business meet took me up to the Midlands on Saturday, not a day I like to "work", so I decided to make the trip a mixture of business & pleasure by playing the 8 Max £250 @ DTD.

I'd not played 8-Max before, & first up, it does make the table more physically comfortanle, that little bit of extra room makes a big difference. Personally, 6-Max is the nuts for me, what heaven to not be all squashed up at a Poker Table.

When I began playing live poker, it was all 10 seaters. In fact, at Gala Notts, in the Monthly £100, we often played 11, 12 or even 13 handed to start with.

Naps Sheffield regularly had 14 players per Table in their Festival Events, too, though to be fair, they used the largest poker tables I've ever seen before or since. They used to have ashtrays on the table then, too, indoor smoking was freely permitted, & the eyes would sting with the cigarette & cigar smoke.

How things have changed in such a short period. 

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37063 on: April 15, 2014, 08:38:15 AM »

Anyway, my Meeting over-ran, but I eventually took my seat, & the Table was exactly what I had wished for - nice & chatty, & good banter.

One chap introduced himself to me.

"I was the one who beat you heads up in that £2.20 Tourney last year, & I used to be yoor Postman".

Well there you go. Nice chap, too, & he posted Next Door yesterday about us meeting. I've no idea why, but I find all that rather pleasant, people introducing themselves, with a ready smile & a handshake.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37064 on: April 15, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »

We began with 50,000 chips. 50,000!

Starting Level was 100-200, of course, so 50,000 was meaningless, but wowzer, 50,000 chips.

And Antes from the very start, too. Not sure the Antes made THAT much difference earlier, but even so, it was all rather enjoyable.

Except that.......

Pages: 1 ... 2467 2468 2469 2470 [2471] 2472 2473 2474 2475 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: