blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:21:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272645 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ipod in your car
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ipod in your car  (Read 6000 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 02:23:35 PM »

I used to have one of the transmitter ones and never had a problem with it. Once you've found a free wavelength to tune it in to you're away.

If you do any long journeys then make sure you get one that charges your iPod as you go. If you don't they drain your battery faster than normal because obviously they're transmitting which requires power.

A friend of mine had a cassette one and said it was brilliant. My transmitter one was good enough that I didn't swap. Down to personal preference really.

Also needing a car stereo old enough to have a cassette drive!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »

they are fine, set the frequency to one which is not surrounded by lots of others obv.   I have used it going from Portsmouth to Notts several times and Portsmouth to Colchester dozens of times ... never had any interference,

Keeping on the road though, that's a different matter.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »

I used to have one of the transmitter ones and never had a problem with it. Once you've found a free wavelength to tune it in to you're away.

If you do any long journeys then make sure you get one that charges your iPod as you go. If you don't they drain your battery faster than normal because obviously they're transmitting which requires power.

A friend of mine had a cassette one and said it was brilliant. My transmitter one was good enough that I didn't swap. Down to personal preference really.

Also needing a car stereo old enough to have a cassette drive!

LOL. Yeah that as well  Grin

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 02:32:45 PM »

. Although sadly I just bought an ipod touch and it's not compatible with my ipod stereo Sad

ditto, but the iPod touch is a lovely bit of kit Wink

MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 02:39:05 PM »

We bought one from ebay - the other half has used it on long drives and never really had a problem, very occassionally some interference but nothing to speak of.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 02:44:39 PM »

We bought one from ebay - the other half has used it on long drives and never really had a problem, very occassionally some interference but nothing to speak of.

I get loads of interference when I use mine.

"Not that head-banging crap again...turn it down...put Girls Allowed on.."  etc.

The older I get, the better I was.
MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »

"Not that head-banging crap again...turn it down...put Girls Allowed on.."  etc.

I can't imagine you listening to "head-banging crap" Red.  Thought you would be more of a classical man?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 03:10:42 PM »

I can't imagine you listening to "head-banging crap" Red.  Thought you would be more of a classical man?

Head banging, yes. Crap, no.

AlanWright
The Nut(s)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 03:12:25 PM »

How old is your bmw, because mine has the connection port under the central arm rest.
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 03:57:10 PM »

2000,all i found under the cental armrest was empty fag packets and a pre-historic murry mint which hadn't aged well.Thanks for the info folks.

shy bairns get nowt
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 04:29:21 PM »

How old is your bmw, because mine has the connection port under the central arm rest.

Well mine's got 2 connection ports so there 

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 04:34:23 PM »

Well in my head you listen to Mozart and Jazz.  Anything else just doesn't seem right! 
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 05:07:04 PM »

Well in my head you listen to Mozart and Jazz.  Anything else just doesn't seem right! 

Random selection from my playlists

REM
Elton John
Meatloaf
Paul Simon
Bob Dylan
Rod Stewart
Blondie
The Offspring
The undertones
Dire straits
Johnny Cash
Hank Williams
Bonnie Tyler
Smokie
Billy Joel

Hmmm, pretty conservative really
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 05:11:02 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 05:29:34 PM »

Random selection from my playlists

REM
Elton John
Meatloaf
Paul Simon
Bob Dylan
Rod Stewart
Blondie
The Offspring
The undertones
Dire straits
Johnny Cash
Hank Williams
Bonnie Tyler
Smokie
Billy Joel

Hmmm, pretty conservative really

Johnny the headbanger Cash...............quality

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 05:33:13 PM »

FM Transmitters aren't always the best...a bit of interference.  I'd recommend something like this:

"Drive + Play 2
Drive + Play™ 2 Mobile Media Manager

The Harman Kardon® Drive + Play™ 2 is the premier product for in-car connectivity of portable music players and digital devices, including the Apple iPod, USB flash memory drives and many other music players. It comes equipped with a sleek dash-mounted 3.5" color display and a wireless control knob to give you the most sophisticated and elegant music experience on the road today. There are optional accessories available (for example, for Bluetooth® phone access). Other features: a digital audio/expansion hub; intelligent iPod and portable-device charging circuit; built-in FM transmitter; and built-in direct-audio output. Change the appearance of the display with built-in themes or download additional themes from the Web. Shortcuts let you quickly transition to an artist or album without browsing through menus. Automatic Music Mix makes "channels" of music that may be grouped according to your taste and habits."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: