blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:43:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 613 614 [615] 616 617 618 619 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1291329 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9210 on: August 21, 2014, 06:41:24 PM »

talk of 2 strikers coming in and borini out

Rumours of another player from Italy apparently.  But could just be unsubstantiated rumour.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9211 on: August 21, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »

Rumours of another player from Italy apparently.  But could just be unsubstantiated rumour.

Guys name slips my mind but I think their is a good chance we are getting the sampdoria keeper

Jones upgrade wouldn't be a bad thing

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: August 21, 2014, 09:51:36 PM »

Guys name slips my mind but I think their is a good chance we are getting the sampdoria keeper

Jones upgrade wouldn't be a bad thing

Sergio Romero been on for a while that. Decent keeper, argie no. 1
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: August 21, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »

Wow, Balotelli is the exact sort of player Rafa Benitez would've signed and a pure multi-million pound gamble. Are Liverpool fans gonna be ok with Super Mario going on the telly wearing a Man Utd shirt? Or throwing darts at the youth team players? Or going to nightclubs the night before big games? Or being disrespectful to women? Or breaking the law? I mean we could go on forever right?

I love this fella as a footbal fan but if I was manager of a multi-million pound business and leading historic prem club I would sign players with Rickie Lambert's attitude thanks very much. Managers thinking they're some kinda horse-whisperer for troubled souls is a bit indulgent really. Mourinho said he was "unmanageable" and that should be a good enough reference for other managers imo.

Gl tho, should be interesting.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: August 21, 2014, 10:57:55 PM »

if only liverpool had a psychiatrist experienced in sorting out nutty sportsmen

Smiley

Exactly.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: August 21, 2014, 11:28:59 PM »

Sure sorted Suarez out. Don't care how good this psychologist is- balloteli is an accident waiting to happen

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: August 21, 2014, 11:32:25 PM »

Wow, Balotelli is the exact sort of player Rafa Benitez would've signed and a pure multi-million pound gamble. Are Liverpool fans gonna be ok with Super Mario going on the telly wearing a Man Utd shirt? Or throwing darts at the youth team players? Or going to nightclubs the night before big games? Or being disrespectful to women? Or breaking the law? I mean we could go on forever right?

I love this fella as a footbal fan but if I was manager of a multi-million pound business and leading historic prem club I would sign players with Rickie Lambert's attitude thanks very much. Managers thinking they're some kinda horse-whisperer for troubled souls is a bit indulgent really. Mourinho said he was "unmanageable" and that should be a good enough reference for other managers imo.

Think it was the case the 1st/2nd/3rd striker options were not interested in coming to Liverpool and they had to sign someone of a high profile/talent and Mario was the best of the bunch who wanted to come.  Pretty sure Rodgers wasn't that keen but business is business and they got to play another 12/15 games this season at a higher level so need quality up front which Lambert obviously isn't at the top level of the game.  The only quality interested in coming has this squiggle attached to it unfortunately. 
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: August 22, 2014, 12:12:47 AM »

Sure sorted Suarez out. Don't care how good this psychologist is- balloteli is an accident waiting to happen

The best return of a player in 38 game season history. Sure didn't.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: August 22, 2014, 12:50:31 AM »

It's a great signing, he either does terrible and you sell him next summer for 15m, or he crushes and you have a World Class striker.

As said already he is much, much better than Remy and it really isn't close.

Who would take the pen if Mario and Ricky are both on the pitch ? Mad tekkers.

PS I may well be underestimating the negative impact his attitude could have on the squad, but I still think it's a good signing for Liverpool. The very best of the best are all going to La Liga, of what's left this seems a decent buy, and financially it's a great deal, Ross McCormack cost 12m ffs!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:55:05 AM by mondatoo » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: August 22, 2014, 01:26:17 AM »

Who would take the pen if Mario and Ricky are both on the pitch ?

Gerrard
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: August 22, 2014, 06:50:08 AM »

Think it was the case the 1st/2nd/3rd striker options were not interested in coming to Liverpool and they had to sign someone of a high profile/talent and Mario was the best of the bunch who wanted to come.  Pretty sure Rodgers wasn't that keen but business is business and they got to play another 12/15 games this season at a higher level so need quality up front which Lambert obviously isn't at the top level of the game.  The only quality interested in coming has this squiggle attached to it unfortunately. 

Disagree.

If ever there was a Double Squiggle, this was it, surely?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9221 on: August 22, 2014, 07:27:04 AM »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/how-liverpool-fcs-striker-search-7654691

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: August 22, 2014, 07:58:03 AM »

awesome signing, i think he'll do really well.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: August 22, 2014, 08:43:54 AM »

Don't think it's accurate to label this acquisition 'good business' by focussing entirely on the transfer fee alone. If he does something crazy (which is inevitable), especially after Suarez, Liverpool are going to start acquiring a certain reputation. Let's say he gets banned for racism or cheating, how is this going to affect Liverpool's commercial potential, especially abroad? Or how does it affect the influential youth players coming through? Or families views about going to Anfield?

If the squad becomes disillusioned and there is friction between different factions on the training ground is that 'good business'?

First rule of business. Protect the business against risk. So how is this signing 'good business'?

Anyway Liverpool are now insisting on a code of behaviour clause in his contract so I don't think they're ultra confident about their abilities to tame this madman.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: August 22, 2014, 08:50:23 AM »

Don't think it's accurate to label this acquisition 'good business' by focussing entirely on the transfer fee alone. If he does something crazy (which is inevitable), especially after Suarez, Liverpool are going to start acquiring a certain reputation. Let's say he gets banned for racism or cheating, how is this going to affect Liverpool's commercial potential, especially abroad? Or how does it affect the influential youth players coming through? Or families views about going to Anfield?

If the squad becomes disillusioned and there is friction between different factions on the training ground is that 'good business'?

First rule of business. Protect the business against risk. So how is this signing 'good business'?

Anyway Liverpool are now insisting on a code of behaviour clause in his contract so I don't think they're ultra confident about their abilities to tame this madman.

If this is the case, no way he'll agree to that. 

I don't even think it is good business money wise, as if we have to sell him due to behavioural or disruption no way we'd get £16m back.

If it works out, then history will show it was a superb bit of business - He has only 1 chance though, the press will hound until he does is my fear.

He might appear lazy, but isn't, that's debatable - but his work ethic, is very questionable, and that doesn't site comfortable with what we've built up over 24months.

Can't see SG letting his work-ethic effect his own chances of a last chance title challenge, so friction from the off he is isn't seen to pull his weight on training or match days.  I can hear Mario now, "what do i care, i have 4 medals"

I cringe, i really do.

Carpe Diem
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 613 614 [615] 616 617 618 619 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: