blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:08:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272652 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Urgent question for Boxing sorts.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Urgent question for Boxing sorts.  (Read 1681 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2015, 06:46:02 PM »

I was supposed to be working on Sky Sports with John Virgo tonight, & had completed all my googling, only to learn in the last hour or so that he has become unwell, & is a no-show.

Instead, the Guest will be Spencer Oliver who is a boxer bloke (retired). 

I've done a quick google & learned the basics (bad injury, Sky Sports pundit etc), but if you have any interesting (& broadcast-able....) stories or facts about him, I'd really appreciate it if you posted them before 10pm.

TYVM.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 06:49:06 PM »

You could ask him about nobbins.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 06:50:10 PM »

Ha, very good Ralph, you don't forget much, do you?

Off topic, but I learned today that John Virgo, in partnership with your mate Kirk Stevens & Steve Davis, owned a racehorse by the name of "Jokist".

Bit of a bugger when a bit of research yields great results (thanks Mr Ambo), then the Guest cancels.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:53:03 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 07:14:23 PM »

Ha, very good Ralph, you don't forget much, do you?

Off topic, but I learned today that John Virgo, in partnership with your mate Kirk Stevens & Steve Davis, owned a racehorse by the name of "Jokist".

Bit of a bugger when a bit of research yields great results (thanks Mr Ambo), then the Guest cancels.

I could have given you a few questions for JV as he was one of the pros who came to Toronto and played in the annual CNE snooker tournament when I was there in the 1970's.

I actually pulled off a bit of a coup betting on him to beat local hero Cliff Thorburn one year when I had a bit of inside info. about Cliff having some problems with his cue, or to be more precise the joint in his Brunswick Trophy cue which had gone awry. I think I got 2/1 or better.

I'd never heard about them owning a racehorse though.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 07:20:29 PM »

I remember that racehorse.

I think it was trained by Geoff Lewis.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 07:20:47 PM »

Spencer Oliver played SPT Luton (the one with Hazard, mccririck, nelson and lots of sporting celebs). 2012?

sure you remember, but just in cae, has had some sky poker exposure

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 07:29:15 PM »

Ask him what he thinks about mayweather who claims to be the best ever- who does he think is the best?

Does he think fury will beat klistsko?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 07:29:27 PM »

Who's the poker player on with him?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 07:41:09 PM »

Ask him about his favourite upcoming UK prospect. No Sky Sports broadcast is complete without some self promotion of a Matchroom fighter.

Spencer was a regular on the Ringside boxing show and one time he had a great back and forth difference of opinion with Anthony Agogo. The young fella could rattle off his words quicker than Spencer could take them in. I'm trying to recall what it was all about.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 07:43:06 PM »

Suggest a heads up match with Carl Froch?
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 08:15:09 PM »

Ask him about his favourite upcoming UK prospect. No Sky Sports broadcast is complete without some self promotion of a Matchroom fighter.

Spencer was a regular on the Ringside boxing show and one time he had a great back and forth difference of opinion with Anthony Agogo. The young fella could rattle off his words quicker than Spencer could take them in. I'm trying to recall what it was all about.

Does he ever regret getting a fight pick wrong ie Manny Pacquiao to beat Floyd Mayweather? That was taken from the April episode of Ringside featuring Agogo.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »

Who's the poker player on with him?

That's disrespectful, George, assuming it is not me, eh?

PS - Ian Simpson.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »

Thanks lads, some good material there (Bedi excepted, obv).

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 09:46:00 PM »

You must take the opportunity to ask about how much safer boxing is now than it used to be.

Oliver suffered a blood clot that ended his career. He should probably have died in the ring but was saved by the medical team, after a lengthy spell in hospital.

This would have been in the post-Michael Watson era. Can't remember the chap's name but I'm sure you can wing it.

Ok, not a "light" subject, but a hell of a story.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: