blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  7m Sunday Million
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7m Sunday Million  (Read 12908 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »

Congrats to David Gent....proper online legend

This
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »

Anyone who has ever lost a pot to Chris Moorman, you've got Geeforce to thank.

http://www.moormanpoker.com/#/blog/4557973254/How-Did-it-all-Begin/501556

"At this time I was still only playing on the VC skin and every Sunday they held their big tourney of the week. I was yet to have a deep run but everything was about to change after I hit the register button this time. Fast forward 4 hours and I found myself in the last 30 players with $30k for the win. Unfortunately I was shortstacked as the guy on my left was disconnected so everyone kept stealing his blind before the action had got to me (this was 2005 so I didn't know about the resteal back then!) eventually i Found ak in the sb and I was begging someone to try and steal this guys big blind again. Action was folded around to Geeforce1 in the cutoff and he put in his standard 2.5x the bb raise and I 'fought' back by going allin for 20bbs with AK. He snapped called me with AQ, flopped a queen and I was out of the door in 27th place for $400, 2 buyins for my 1/2 cash game marvellous!

So how did this bad beat change my entire poker career? Well after 5 minutes of berating my luck I calmed down a bit and decided to carry on watching this Geeforce1 character. He had been playing really well and was dominating every table he was at. Even though there were still 20 players left at this stage there was no doubt in my mind that Geeforce1 was going to win. Fast forward another 3 hours and Geeforce1 was the winner and had barely gone to showdown the whole final table. This was a new form of poker that I hadn't experienced before, one that I had to learn if I was going to make it in this game...

I gave Geeforce a gg in chat and politely asked if I could have his email address. To my amazement Geeforce (David Gent) accepted and we would speak on msn whilst I would sweat his sessions at 3/6 and 5/10nl. These were stakes where thousands of $ would be on the line every minute as he would normally be 8 tabling. These sessions were invaluable for me and before long I was jumping in these games myself in the softer lineups and even though he generally got the better of me in the game I can’t put a price on those sweat sessions. These bigger games were unreal; now I was playing for life changing amounts of money every day. I bought Poker Tracker and studied all the regulars’ games in detail as I began my assault on the poker world. Before long I also started talking to Dave's best friend Paul Foltyn (Badpab2) on Tribecca. He was more of an MTT grinder at the time and he advanced my MTT game no end including teaching me the art of the resteal. I met Pab and Dave the following summer at the 2006 WSOP and they remain two of my closest friends to this very day. "
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2013, 09:28:19 PM »

What a great piece that is Andrew, good find, thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Relentless
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2013, 09:46:22 PM »

Just a quick heads up if you played the $11. 1000seat gtd. satty(the one were it froze and you not win the seat) send stars support a polite mail & they will ship you $11 back to your account questions asked within 15/20mins Smiley
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2013, 09:51:56 PM »

Just a quick heads up if you played the $11. 1000seat gtd. satty(the one were it froze and you not win the seat) send stars support a polite mail & they will ship you $11 back to your account questions asked within 15/20mins Smiley

Dear Pokerstars,

Thank you for continually running events that your servers cant handle during your peak time. If only you could invent some sort of special online series, one that repeats itself 4 times a year, that turn regularly crashes your site on peak times. That would be fantastic.

Please take my $11 refund and spend it on servers capable of handling the tournaments you insist on running.

Regards,
A loving customer

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »

rly fking tilting.

they ran  30k a 39k and a 49k runner tourny at the same time, all that happened was that the two budget ones got paused for a few minutes, with messages outlining the problem straight away. gl finding another site that can run 1 of these comps let alone 3 at the same time all with the normal schedule running fine around it.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »

Yeah - bit harsh on Stars here.

Other networks fall over more often than Bambi after hitting the bar at the local ice rink.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »

try playing 30,000 hands on ipoker a month and you'll be sending pokerstars pieces of your own flesh if they promise never to change the servers ever.

Also Geeforce one of my fave people in poker, increible player, massive ledge, lots of time for everyone and more importantly, lives in leeds

thumbs up

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2013, 01:23:32 AM »

rly fking tilting.

they ran  30k a 39k and a 49k runner tourny at the same time, all that happened was that the two budget ones got paused for a few minutes, with messages outlining the problem straight away. gl finding another site that can run 1 of these comps let alone 3 at the same time all with the normal schedule running fine around it.

Continually lags when the big series are on.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/61/mtt-community/there-another-micro-millions-july-1206975/index8.html

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/61/mtt-community/please-fix-lag-stars-1172544/index68.html

Its really tilting.

I wouldn't be that bothered if I didn't expect it to happen.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:27:00 AM by rfgqqabc » Logged

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2013, 12:20:42 PM »

srlsy though have you tried playing on other networks?

'some lag' when looking at what they put on is hardly suprising, let alone is how they deal with complaints an issue.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2013, 01:36:29 PM »

'some lag' when looking at what they put on is hardly suprising, let alone is how they deal with complaints an issue.

It just pisses me off they know of a problem yet dont do anything about it or seem to know if its fixed. Stars are fantastic and this is virtually there only flaw but it has happened a lot and every other site would receive a lot more flack for it. I play very little on other sites but this was a standout mistake from Stars, many rec players would have been playing a rare Sunday Million session and you must understand how frustrating it was to expect the lag that has occured throughout the MM series to pop up again. I didn't even ask for my $11 Tongue

<3 Stars forever

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2013, 01:50:39 PM »

ya but just consider what they are running. I cant comprehend the workload on that central server!

I totally get the point of why cant they stop it from happening, it's just case of nice problem to have that your servers lag when you get over 250k unique players! fking madness.
Bertpup

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2013, 02:09:05 PM »

It just pisses me off they know of a problem yet dont do anything about it or seem to know if its fixed. Stars are fantastic and this is virtually there only flaw but it has happened a lot and every other site would receive a lot more flack for it. I play very little on other sites but this was a standout mistake from Stars, many rec players would have been playing a rare Sunday Million session and you must understand how frustrating it was to expect the lag that has occured throughout the MM series to pop up again. I didn't even ask for my $11 Tongue

<3 Stars forever

I remember reading a Q &A session where one of the reps responded to the lag issue. They basically said that they had the best technology that was available for commercial use or something along those lines.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2013, 02:58:25 PM »

ya like they are basically ddosing themselves every time they run any of these major comps. I cant imagine if they could split the load across servers, that could get very complicated trying to access multiple servers from the same client for the same account.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: