blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:47:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272651 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 623509 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: June 03, 2012, 09:05:48 AM »

<3 leon

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1981 on: June 03, 2012, 09:36:44 AM »

I watched promeseus last night. A little style over substance. Acting a little crap except Fassbender who is excellent on the whole (but not explored enough). Character development non existent. Looks stunning. Plot not well explained.  A little good suspense in a couple of scenes but a lot of padded out scenes..

Worth a watch but the purest of alien film fans will prob get pissed off with it.
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: June 03, 2012, 08:11:42 PM »

Film 4 are doing the network Premiere of District 9 from 9pm tonight for a few nights. If you haven't seen it, well worth a watch, quite original and gripping movie imo.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:25:47 PM by ManuelsMum » Logged

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: June 03, 2012, 08:36:02 PM »

I watched promeseus last night. A little style over substance. Acting a little crap except Fassbender who is excellent on the whole (but not explored enough). Character development non existent. Looks stunning. Plot not well explained.  A little good suspense in a couple of scenes but a lot of padded out scenes..

Worth a watch but the purest of alien film fans will prob get pissed off with it.
pretty well all of the above.
Watched it last night, very disappointed. Tez script . tez acting.
Overall a poor copy of the excellent ' Alien ' , admittedly this is supposed to be the prequel, but it doesn't quite pull it off imo.

Defo does not live up to all the  media hype
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: June 04, 2012, 09:18:40 AM »

Chompy was right. I don't know how a guy like Ridley Scott can watch the finished article and say yep that's exactly what I wanted. The characters do some bizarre stuff without any motive to do so or explanation as to why. No story, very boring, bad acting. Harry Enfield turning up dressed as one of the old gits was the lol highlight for me.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: June 04, 2012, 09:58:01 AM »

Watched Dark Shadows on Friday. Fairly typical Burton/Depp stuff. One of the weaker ones, I would say. Some excellent performances, Michelle Pfeiffer excellent, Eva Green good, Chloe Grace Moretz not so good. The ubiquitous Helena Bonham Carter does well though. Depp plays Depp, pretty much, and does ok. But the story is weak, you're not really rooting for anyone, the character interaction is very muddled.

Came out of it fairly meh. Funnily enough the wife liked it, and she's not usually a Burton fan. Has some funny moments, but if you've seen the trailer, you've pretty much seen them all.

I was hoping to like it, but I'd have to give it a disappointing 6/10.

Watched Avengers Assemble last week. Lots of reviews already, but I loved it, for what it was. Probably my favourite Marvel film so far. Definitely on the bluray list, 8.5/10.

I agree on both - thought Dark Shadows started well then got lost.

Avengers Assemble didn't even set off the 'geek alarm' very often & when the Hulk gets hold of Loki 

Went to see The Angels Share Saturday night & absolutely loved it. Fairly typical Ken Loach fare where he takes a cast of newcomers with a couple of veterans to help them out & creates a story based in scummy parts of Scotland. A lot of what I'd call Glasgow humour & the accents might make it tougher for anglos, but a really funny, uplifting film, story moves on quite well & he doesn't seem to feel the need to insert huge dramatic plot twists, just little kinks in the road to keep it interesting.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: June 04, 2012, 02:08:16 PM »

Chompy was right. I don't know how a guy like Ridley Scott can watch the finished article and say yep that's exactly what I wanted. The characters do some bizarre stuff without any motive to do so or explanation as to why. No story, very boring, bad acting. Harry Enfield turning up dressed as one of the old gits was the lol highlight for me.

Same as when Spielsy completely fked up Indiana Jones imo. These old boys seem to get all caught up in the technology and 3D and forget the important stuff.

Watched Alien again the other night. So much more suspenseful, Ripley awesome, characters ftw, well acted.

Lolz @ Harry Enfield.

The more I think about Ridley Scott's Promiscuous the more annoying it gets.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: June 04, 2012, 08:20:35 PM »

You should all go watch The Raid.

Absolutely awesome.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: June 04, 2012, 08:21:45 PM »

The more I think about Ridley Scott's Promiscuous the more annoying it gets.

Wow, this was exactly what I thought when I came out of the cinema afterwards. It's not a surprise it's written by the creator of Lost is it?

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1989 on: June 04, 2012, 08:41:01 PM »

Forced to watch Men in Black 3, really thought it would be awful. It started off poor (Will Smith and Tommy Lee looked very tired in it) but it actually grew into an enjoyable film, largely due to Josh Brolin, worth it if you like the other two. 
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: June 06, 2012, 11:59:15 AM »

This was on last night, Film 4 I think

(This link is the whole movie)

Had one eye on it while I was working, ended up staying up to watch the whole thing, absolutely brilliant. Superb animation, great story, accurate and sympathetic portrayal of Aspergers, very funny in bits and pretty touching.

"Still, the best film by a wide margin, and only marginally Jewish, is Adam Elliot's Mary and Max, a dark-but-semi-sweet Claymation mini-masterpiece of New Globalism, in which a neglected Australian girl begins a pen pal relationship with an obese New Yorker with Asperger's (voiced by Philip Seymour Hoffman). Not a flick for kids: The landscapes are, respectively, shit-brown and clay-gray, and the story is stunningly frank about alcoholism, suicide, illness, misery, and death. Yet this rousingly gritty fable lands more poetry and caricatural wit than the intensely WASPy Fantastic Mr. Fox, and puts a cherry on top of the animated-year-that-was 2009." Village Voice

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: June 06, 2012, 04:12:10 PM »

^^^^^^^^
Great film,heart warming and heart breaking.

shy bairns get nowt
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: June 06, 2012, 08:18:03 PM »

I just finished watching Mary and Max - beautiful and poignant, great subtle humour and very moving.  No doubt it would have otherwised passed me by, so thanks for posting Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: June 06, 2012, 08:22:29 PM »

Managed to watch about 2 minutes of it. What a pile of shit. Wish it had passed me by.

Going to watch Piranha 3DD again to cheer myself up after that depressing drivel.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: June 06, 2012, 08:24:24 PM »

Managed to watch about 2 minutes of it. What a pile of shit. Wish it had passed me by.

Going to watch Piranha 3DD again to cheer myself up after that depressing drivel.

lol - not one for action junkies

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: