blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:21:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272645 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The I've Never Seen That Before at a Poker Table Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The I've Never Seen That Before at a Poker Table Thread  (Read 5983 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2015, 01:11:01 PM »

Ha sorry,  you got me going now!

In vegas,  mid game (big game) the main guy in the game who is losing quite a bit stands up in the middle of a pot and demands everyone come to play craps, having to be persuaded to allow the ongoing hand to finish lol

He won $120k in about 30 minutes at craps, then insists (after lengthy row with the manager) that we can all order food from Picasso to the card room, despite Picasso being closed for 20 minutes, so we all end up eating steaks. Was fun :-)

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »

I was in The Nugget cardroom during a mild earthquake.
All the ceiling lights started swinging backwards and forwards, tables moved a little etc, but not one player moved or acknowledged it in anyway until the hand they were in was finished.

At the same time lots of people ran into the hotel from the Pool and Spa screaming and generally doing the Team America secret signal - was very surreal.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2015, 06:35:14 PM »

I once played in a game where everyone chatted and smiled all night. There were no arguments, no one had a go at the dealer and everyone wore deodorant and washed their hands after going to the loo.

I've gone too far haven't I?

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2015, 06:36:39 PM »

The board is KJT9* (can't remember the order) guy bets,  is called and shakes his head the caller shows TT and the better turns over a King...

He then takes from his pocket a bag with some white powder in it, taps a little bit on the card snorts it then turns the card over to reveal a Queen.

I think that's known as a snow-roll Smiley

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2015, 07:08:41 PM »

The board is KJT9* (can't remember the order) guy bets,  is called and shakes his head the caller shows TT and the better turns over a King...

He then takes from his pocket a bag with some white powder in it, taps a little bit on the card snorts it then turns the card over to reveal a Queen.

I think that's known as a snow-roll Smiley

Hahaha very good

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2015, 03:51:05 AM »

I once played in a game where everyone chatted and smiled all night. There were no arguments, no one had a go at the dealer and everyone wore deodorant and washed their hands after going to the loo.

I call.
NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2015, 02:21:49 AM »

Broadway.. few years back. cash game/ Board reads something like 6789x I turn over j10 for nuts, opponent turns over A10 and demands ruling claiming his Ace kicker plays. 
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2015, 11:06:49 PM »

I think this was said game  Smiley

Good luck in the final Tom!!!   

Thank you sweetheart, I appreciate it.

So 9 of us went back but only 6 got paid. That being the case, you might expect the play to be tight and edgy, but on the contrary it was very creative and aggressive. Never the less, it took an age before we lost those 3 players.

With 6 left, Ash, Alistair and one other Walsall regular were about even in chips. Then there was an extremely personable Greek guy by the name of Andrew who had perhaps 25% more than us, and Taff who had perhaps double our stacks.

We decided to chop it up, Ash, The Walsall regular, Alistair and myself took £2500 each, Andrew took £3000, Taff 4000, and we left £2200 in the pot for the eventual winner.

I can honestly say I have never enjoyed a game of poker so much. Everyone said the same, we all had a ball.

I went out in 3rd, Taff and Andrew decided to split the remaining £2200 with Andrew taking the trophy.

Ah! The element of surprise
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2015, 04:34:11 PM »

Playing 4 card PLO at DTD a couple of years ago.

All the money is in between me and a rather large, muscular, drunk gentlemen. I have AAxx and the nfd and call it off on the flop. Pot is over £500 and the gentlemen in question slurs 'You're unlucky mate, I got dealt quads' and rolls over QQQQ.

I politely inform the dealer that he is going to have to explain this situation to him as the chips were pushed towards me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: