blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:31:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272673 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 539114 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: June 03, 2016, 08:35:28 PM »

I'm no expert but I thought diabetics were supposed to avoid fat?

I'd imagine it's going to be really difficult as they're supposed to avoid carbs as well particularly high fat carbs.....

If protein turns to glucose at certain levels then I suppose that's one to be really careful of as well Sad

A quick look on health.com shows that white rice is terrible but whole grain rice which contains loads of fibre is okay. That would be a good starter as well as other whole grain products like oatmeal.

Perhaps a couple of shakes a day made with kale, spinach, blueberries (or other low sugar fruit if you can think of any), scoop of protein powder and a cup of oatmeal on top of his regular daily intake could help.

Whatever he does he needs to do it slowly by the looks of things and accept that any weight gain is either going to be really bad for him or take a long time.

It's going to be really difficult without doubt although a shed loads of steroids could well provide the answer.

As far as I know, carbs are far more dangerous as they obv turn to glucose far more readily. The lower fat is more as part of a healthy diet/lifestyle and keeping the waist down. Lots of links for waist size/cholesterol/triacyglycerol levels/insulin resistance etc.

If you are training and otherwise healthy, gonna be a case of when you take your macros as opposed to what you take
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 03, 2016, 08:49:16 PM »

I always thought it was mainly sugars that diabetics were meant to avoid, but that's just guessing, based on what my old man should eat.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 03, 2016, 09:04:49 PM »

Managed a set of 3 at 70kg for OHP today, over the moon with that as I am about 10kg down from when I last tried. Was worried about that one but looking to push past where I was in Jan. Had ice cream everyday this week, so that's bascially the reason right?

What are weighing in at currently?

I take it from the ice cream you're on a building phase?

Got weighed today actually and came in at 86.4, I predicted 86 so that was pretty cool. I am not smashing ice cream, I just want to take a bit of a mental break from trying to keep kcals low and enjoy the summer etc. Probably having like 150-200kcals of it a day so not a lot at all. Getting more food in general from healthier sources. Really proud of how I am eating, never thought I would be a middle man. Always thought I would be all or nothing forever. But defo looking to build size and strength so I am just going to eat when I am hunngry and try and put out some big numbers.

Any numbers your end?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 03, 2016, 11:22:28 PM »

Managed a set of 3 at 70kg for OHP today, over the moon with that as I am about 10kg down from when I last tried. Was worried about that one but looking to push past where I was in Jan. Had ice cream everyday this week, so that's bascially the reason right?

Got weighed today actually and came in at 86.4, I predicted 86 so that was pretty cool. I am not smashing ice cream, I just want to take a bit of a mental break from trying to keep kcals low and enjoy the summer etc. Probably having like 150-200kcals of it a day so not a lot at all. Getting more food in general from healthier sources. Really proud of how I am eating, never thought I would be a middle man. Always thought I would be all or nothing forever. But defo looking to build size and strength so I am just going to eat when I am hunngry and try and put out some big numbers.

Any numbers your end?

I went on one of those breaks, but it lasted the best part of four years unfortunately Cheesy

Fave ice-cream?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 04, 2016, 12:38:10 PM »

I made a rather large bet yesterday with a friend of mine.

He's fit and in good shape. Takes eating and exercise very seriously without being obsessive.

He wanted to bet that by the end of July he would be able to do 150 consecutive push ups. (Chest doesnt need to touch the floor, just arms to 90 degrees and up again with straight legs/back).

He said he hasn't currently tried his maximum but he'd estimate that he can do around 80 as a max now.

Whose side do you like for a bet at even money?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 04, 2016, 12:58:59 PM »

Yours by a mile....
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 04, 2016, 01:21:55 PM »

He's fit and in good shape. Takes eating and exercise very seriously without being obsessive.

He wanted to bet that by the end of July he would be able to do 150 consecutive push ups. (Chest doesnt need to touch the floor, just arms to 90 degrees and up again with straight legs/back).

He said he hasn't currently tried his maximum but he'd estimate that he can do around 80 as a max now.

There's no question you'll collect here imo. I've been obsessive with press ups for many years. Over extended periods of doing more than a thousand a week, I've never got past 70. Being a bit of a dick as a younger man, I'd challenge people (friends and random people) to press up competitions, I've come across one person who can do more than 100 in my whole life.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 04, 2016, 03:39:18 PM »

Yours and it's not even close.

Don't know how much you've been following the thread mate but I've been doing my own little press up challenge. I started in January with the target being 25k total by the end of the year.

I'm now at 12600 for the year and I can do 5 sets of 40 for 200 a night which I'm doing 3 to 4 times a week. If I tested my 1 set maximum I reckon I'd get to about 60 before I failed.

Obviously my build doesn't help as I'm quite top heavy so if your mate is 'skinny fit' rather than 'big fit' it's going to help him.

Even if he's doing 80 now I can't see how it's possible to add that many in such a short space of time. You get some people who can just keep going forever but they're incredibly rare.

Enjoy the cash Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 04, 2016, 03:53:57 PM »

There's no question you'll collect here imo. I've been obsessive with press ups for many years. Over extended periods of doing more than a thousand a week, I've never got past 70. Being a bit of a dick as a younger man, I'd challenge people (friends and random people) to press up competitions, I've come across one person who can do more than 100 in my whole life.

How do you manage to get the quantity in? Several small sets or just a couple of big ones per night?

Have to say that as a young fella I could do over 100 quite easily but I think my 'wirey' frame helped. There was hardly any weight to move Cheesy

I've been thinking about aiming for 100 in a single set now but even though I'm doing 800+ per week I have to agree with you it's f**king hard. Do you think your body adapts to doing sets of 40 to 50 and that makes the 100 much tougher? If you had to get to a single set 100 in the next 3 months how would you go about it?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 04, 2016, 04:15:10 PM »

Any numbers your end?

How about 48kg for 6 reps on DB press? Managed that this morning Smiley

I've made a little change to my upper body routine to incorporate DB press. One session will be barbell bench with DB shoulder press and the other DB press and barbell OHP.

Today I did 20kg, 34kg and then 42kg which felt pretty easy. I was going to have a go at 50kg but couldn't find them so had to do 48kg instead. I wasn't expecting anything too impressive so I was pleasantly surprised at 6 reps.

Still don't know how you're getting 70kg out on OHP. Very impressive. I managed to get up to 60kg today for 5 reps but the last one was a bit wobbly so daren't go higher. The wobble suggests that it's my core that's the problem so hopefully a bit of patience is all I need and I'll eventually get there.

I'll try to get my hands on a set of scales soon to see how my weight is. I'd imagine about 98kg to 100kg.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 04, 2016, 05:19:25 PM »

Any numbers your end?

How about 48kg for 6 reps on DB press? Managed that this morning Smiley

I've made a little change to my upper body routine to incorporate DB press. One session will be barbell bench with DB shoulder press and the other DB press and barbell OHP.

Today I did 20kg, 34kg and then 42kg which felt pretty easy. I was going to have a go at 50kg but couldn't find them so had to do 48kg instead. I wasn't expecting anything too impressive so I was pleasantly surprised at 6 reps.

Still don't know how you're getting 70kg out on OHP. Very impressive. I managed to get up to 60kg today for 5 reps but the last one was a bit wobbly so daren't go higher. The wobble suggests that it's my core that's the problem so hopefully a bit of patience is all I need and I'll eventually get there.

I'll try to get my hands on a set of scales soon to see how my weight is. I'd imagine about 98kg to 100kg.

Big numbers, DB press is out of the equation at the min, hitting the bar and OHP but when I change up it will be DB so looking to go upward of 46's. Frustratingly I peaked at 5x5 65kg for OHP and felt it pretty easy. So it is a kinda set back to drop down to 70. But I have high hopes.

1x3 170kg deadlifts today and felt really good from a form point of view too so very happy with that.

Don't want to go much over 90 so will weigh in at the end of the month and see where I am. I want to be hovering around the 85 by the time I go into a diet again and look to come out around 80.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 04, 2016, 07:41:01 PM »

Get the pictures up you massive f**king homo!!

This

We know you're a homo, regardless of the pics, Dean Wink

Thought I had some of me from when I started, but only have them from before I went to Tenerife in February, when I was about 18 stone.

Took another last night to compare, and still look like a bag of shit, but only look about 6m pregnant now.

Won't subject Blonde to them, as nobody wants to have to see that on a Friday Grin

HaHaHaHa... your'e not far wrong... prob sort it at some point..tweaked my bloody calf today during sprints... hobbling a bit and sore as hell..sigh

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 04, 2016, 08:58:23 PM »

Get the pictures up you massive f**king homo!!

This

We know you're a homo, regardless of the pics, Dean Wink

Thought I had some of me from when I started, but only have them from before I went to Tenerife in February, when I was about 18 stone.

Took another last night to compare, and still look like a bag of shit, but only look about 6m pregnant now.

Won't subject Blonde to them, as nobody wants to have to see that on a Friday Grin

HaHaHaHa... your'e not far wrong... prob sort it at some point..tweaked my bloody calf today during sprints... hobbling a bit and sore as hell..sigh

I'll lend you one of my crutches in Vegas Cheesy

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 04, 2016, 09:45:51 PM »

Loving the thread right now. Looks like everyone is crushing. Just weighing in with some updates.

Four weeks into the hypertrophy phase of my annual plan. Doing a push/pull/legs/off rotation where I alternate high intensity and low intensity cardio on my off days. Start with a heavy compound, then immediately followed by an athletic/endurance set, then 5x10 with 30 second rests for the accessory/isolation stuff. Really enjoying the challenge and the results.

Kcals down to 2150~ and also includes ice cream. 83g of Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie for those wondering! Refeed on Mondays with loads of white rice and kids cereals. Cheesy Loving the shift in attitude from Harvey; the guys at Collosus Fitness have been talking a lot recently about the idea of taking it easy and feeling these things out. However, I've promised myself I stay rigid and strict this year just to see how it turns out and tbh there's no stress or feelings of restriction etc. so I'm going to keep at it.

Currently at 88kg, first time below 90 for the first time since 2014, at ROUGHLY 15% bodyfat. Feeling strong, lean, athletic, flexible. Also, tanned from a week in Crete. Don't underestimate how good a tan will make you look! Wink
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 05, 2016, 12:34:34 AM »

Magic words Sean, time to be the first to post a picture!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: