blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:17:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272673 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  HSBC closing my acc due to staking transfers?!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HSBC closing my acc due to staking transfers?!  (Read 8829 times)
istrabraq

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2012, 08:01:13 PM »

Where ever you live I'm sure there is a credit union . You need I'd and you can't get a small loan until you have been with them for about 3 months . The first loan is 200 and then for eg if you have 2k I'n savings you can have 6k and the 2 k stays I'n savings . It's pretty straightforward . I go I'n everyday even get a cup of coffee . Told a few mates and they are with them . Hope info helps
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2012, 09:01:37 PM »

Govt/bank people are clearly all morons

HELLO MADAMEBEAN I AM CALLING FROM YOUR BANK

Click to see full-size image.

Now I just need you to answer some security questions.....

How about no?!

But sir I need to verify who you are... I am calling from YOUR BANK.

Why don't you prove who you are first mr calling from a blocked number.

But I have to verify you're the bean mr bean.

You'll be alright you mong, prove who you are first, or just hang up you pleb you only want to try and sell me something that costs me money.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2012, 10:31:10 PM »

Dat Titbean.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2012, 10:56:26 PM »

Govt/bank people are clearly all morons

HELLO MADAMEBEAN I AM CALLING FROM YOUR BANK

Click to see full-size image.

Now I just need you to answer some security questions.....

How about no?!

But sir I need to verify who you are... I am calling from YOUR BANK.

Why don't you prove who you are first mr calling from a blocked number.

But I have to verify you're the bean mr bean.

You'll be alright you mong, prove who you are first, or just hang up you pleb you only want to try and sell me something that costs me money.

Lol,

it's quite simple, tell them you aren't prepared to give that info then phone your bank on a number you are comfortable with. They will have a record of the call if it was a geniune call from them, after you have passed security vetting of course.

Makes life less stressful in my experience.

The rules have been put there for your safety, whether we agree with them or not.

I'm obviously a moron as I work for a banking group, however I still don't give the details over the phone and will always choose to say I won't give this info and then phone my bank myself.

I won't even get involved in discussions about "offshore" call centres  Roll Eyes

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2012, 12:43:04 AM »

ha Geo you are miles above 99% of the sector you work in!

There are clearly alot of idiots in this world though. It's all just so inept. We go through this every time they phone me and every time I explain kindly that if I were to give out the answers to my security questions to every blocked caller it'd get pretty stupid. They then say but yes sir it's policy and then there is just noise.

Funnily enough they phoned me once and after 20 minutes of me just refusing to answer his questions/abusing him about the systems he worked within the confines of I got to the point where I gave him some credit, and just said look fair play to you for still being on the line you're no George now what did you want then though I probably don't want it

it really is fun using the George voice just repeating all their questions back to them Cheesy

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2012, 03:30:08 AM »

Man, I know this tilt, I've had joke bank problems over the last 20months.

Firstly, I get a call from Natwest explaining that they don;t like how I manage my accounts and I should try keep more money in my accounts for longer if I want to remain a "private banking" customer - two weeks later I get another call saying my accounts are going to be closed. This was tilting cos I have a £5k overdraft in this account which is pretty useful for cash flow (when i go broke) and without a job I'm lucky to get a £200 one anywhere else so after a 2hour chat with my accoutn manager they agreed to re-open the account, with a overdraft of just £3k and I would no longer be able to have "private banking" regardless of how much money i had in the accounts.

Today I went into the branch to open a US$ account and the women said because of my history (??) there is no way I'm allowed one and that my accounts are once again under review, the branch manager interviewed me and asked "why I don't have more money in my bank more often" wtf, joke rubs lol. He says that unless my "banking pattern" improves in the next 6 weeks Natwest will no longer require my business....So I tell him he can go fuck his accounts if my money isn't good enough for him and he says we'll "review in 6 weeks"

So I leave and head to HSBC to open a $ account there and they ask me what it's for, I explain I am a poker player and I give an indication of the amount I'm wanting to send to the account initially, they say if its gambling we don;t want anything to do with it you're money is no good here.

So I head over the road to Lloyds TSB and I open a $ account there, this is fine and the poker thing goes down fine, they say I need to open a current account alongside my new internation account and I say well give me the same account as Natwest and I'l shut my natwest account and open up here. They say YES, lets do that, after 30mins filling forms out the only account they can offer me is a "Cash account" with £0 overdraft, no internet banking and no debit card - i get a cashcard that i can ONLY use at L-TSB ATM's. She explains this to me and then asks, "so do you want to go ahead and transfer everything from natwest and close those accounts?" LOL wtf you'll be alrite natwest might be popmus, judgemental dicks but at least they can give me a debit card.

WTF is with banks, if you have £'s in your account, can give a reasonable account of where the money came from if it's a high cash amount proviing it's legitimate, don;t incur charges/bounce DD's then why the fuck would they care if you're a vicar, poker player or violin repairman - and why they feel the need to treat poker players like they are drug dealers is beyond me.

DO yourself a favor, get all your money in cash and hide it under your bed, at least you'll know its safe from drunk overpaid bankers and you'll be allowed to access it whenever you want.

Clowns.

ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS ^^^ - NEVER BEEN SO CLOSE TO THE TRUTH! WP DAVE THE RAVE!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yN5IJYkTdsU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thats my fave George clip!

no,no,no madame you need to understand, when we go to the steam clean, the monies will get wet

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 04:00:49 AM »

Reading through this I am kind of glad to see some people have the same problem as I have.

I've done a quite a few transfers with Natwest and they are always nosy *****. Not to mention everytime I go into the CC branch they always want to open another account or tell me how to use or 'spread' my money. I've heard all of the stories before we'll take £10k out of your account, put it into shares, but you are 100% covered, 2 years later you have about 4k...

Banks should be grateful we put our money in and keep out of our way! Every single time I go into branch it's the same old crap. I am happy enough to have a current/savings and leave it at that!!! Although the most annoying thing is that on both accounts I have a limit of £250 and it's rather embarrasing when you can't get any more out of the bank. My savings has quite a bit it and when you can't get out a minimal amount like more than £250 it's a joke.

I am moving to Barclays when I can be bothered! 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: