blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2022, 04:35:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2268053 Posts in 66698 Topics by 16686 Members
Latest Member: brygidareno
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
  Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 273
16  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin) on: February 03, 2018, 09:47:33 AM
This is a gambling website and crypto is fun to gamble on. I wouldn't go onto the T4T thread and start telling them not to bet sports:)

We seem to have gone from "there are no fundamentals, this stuff is impossible to value" to "this stuff is ridiculously overvalued". If a whole bunch of people are currently paying $8500 for a bitcoin then that's what it's worth.   

Whether we are getting massive market manipulation from spoofy, bitfinex, tether however is very interesting and worthy of discussion.

The argument that I find most persuasive for BTC is that we are heading towards a cashless society and if your bank account gets shut down for any reason (weren't HSBC closing pro gamblers accounts a while ago?) or you want to make any kind of anonymous transaction BTC or something like it might come in very useful.

Acegooner genuinely interested to know your thoughts about whether it's better to be in cash or gold when stock markets are falling. Trading God that I am I sold my crypto trackers for a mighty £100 profit and have now got a few spare grand in my SIPP doing nothing. Lots of people saying it's good to be holding cash ATM though.

17  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin) on: February 02, 2018, 01:32:31 PM
lol it touched 7700 and started shooting up. 8500 in a couple of nanoseconds. Totally addicted to watching numbers on my screen Sad Must get out more

18  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin) on: February 01, 2018, 12:44:26 PM
ETH seems to be holding up but BTC tumbling. Could someone shout when it hits the bottom so I can buy back in and make millions please.

Cost of production supports the price?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317601872_Bitcoin_price_and_its_marginal_cost_of_production_supporting_evidence

But cost of production of 1 BTC in cheap leccy countries only $500ish?

19  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin) on: January 17, 2018, 12:11:49 PM
https://xbtprovider.com/news/post/xbt-provider-ab-statement-on-bitcoin-gold-fork

"The Issuer reiterates that it will do all that can practicably be done in the circumstances to maximize value for investors in its Certificates."
20  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin) on: January 17, 2018, 09:37:35 AM
What do you guys think about these XBT Provider BitCoin and Ethereum Trackers? 2.5% a year fees but no CGT if you put it in a SIPP.

http://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/x/xbt-provider-ab-bitcoin-tracker-eur

http://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/x/xbt-provider-ab-ethereum-tracker-eur

https://coinshares.co.uk/exchange-traded-products/
21  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Book Suggestions on: December 08, 2017, 06:45:50 PM
The Charlie Parker series by John Connolly is fantastic. I really loved the first chapter of book 6 it reminded me of blonde for some reason.

You'll find it if you google "the unquiet john connolly prologue" and click on the cached version of the first result
22  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Online broker recommendations on: December 08, 2017, 06:15:19 PM
I am not worried about charges - more important is reliability and service,  also the system needs to be very user friendly as I am no tech wizard.

Hargreaves Lansdown is perfect for you
23  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Moral dilemma. on: November 02, 2017, 04:35:26 PM
I reckon 70% chance it's fake, 20% stolen, 10% he's claimed on his insurance.

The easiest way to check it is to take it into Rolex St James and ask them to remove a link. If it's fake they'll tell you and if it's stolen they confiscate it and hand it over to the police. If they hand it back with a link removed I'd be straight into Watchfinder and walking out with a cheque

24  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Underfloor heating problem on: October 06, 2017, 07:33:47 PM
Oh I got that wrong then. Thought it was bathrooms that had the UFH not the rest of the flat.
25  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Underfloor heating problem on: October 06, 2017, 02:59:32 PM
Would be nice to have it working in conjunction with the extractor fans as you have no windows. Condensation, damp and mould would be my concern having had to deal with it in my old house.
26  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Uber on: September 23, 2017, 03:15:52 PM
It's pretty LOL for them to be moaning about drivers losing jobs when it is their aim to have driverless cabs ASAP.

My brother is in the tech industry and he says google want their cab company up and running by 2021. Interesting times.

27  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Game of Thrones thread with US paced TV spoilers on: August 30, 2017, 06:24:35 PM
Out of curiosity, if GoT and BB are #1&2, what is your #3 series of all time?

GoT is 5th for me:

1) The Leftovers
2) Breaking Bad
3) The Wire
4) Mad Men
5) GoT
6) Paul O'Grady's For The Love of Dogs




So many people mention The Wire. Must give it a go.

Never heard of The Leftovers. Off to Google.

The wire is the best show on television

https://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/03/09/85-the-wire/

but a lot of people give up after 2 or 3 episodes because it's hard to get into at first. I recommend having subtitles on and reading the appropriate sepinwall review after each ep.

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-wire-links-for-reviews-to-every-episode/

It's the only thing I've ever watched twice, was better the second time round and will def watch it again one day.

28  Community Forums / Betting Tips and Sport Discussion / Re: Liverpool FC on: August 15, 2017, 07:37:10 PM
Tonight's lineup

 Click to see full-size image.
29  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Blonde will make you STRONG on: August 03, 2017, 02:03:40 PM
Yes but as you get older you lose muscle and because of this your BMR goes down which means that Ralph needs to be consuming fewer and fewer calories every year to keep his 34" waist, which sucks. If he were to do some resistance exercise at the very least he could maintain his muscles and not have to eat ridiculously small amounts to keep in trim. I'm pretty sure I've heard of studies where very old people* have started lifting weights and have gained strength so it may be that doing power lifting would enable Ralph to have 2 glasses of wine in the evening as well as being able to throw his fat man's shorts in the dustbin. Smiley

*not saying Ralph is very old just saying he's certainly not too old to be able to do a few pull-ups.

I haven't read this book but I heard the author being interviewed on the radio and he came across very well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Age-Just-Number-breaker-growing/dp/0751565377

30  Community Forums / The Lounge / Re: Please help catch these thugs on: August 02, 2017, 01:31:47 PM
Is that the alleyway next to the chip shop? What pub was he in? My parents live just round the corner.

Best wishes to your brother, hope he recovers quickly and that they catch his attackers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 273
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.171 seconds with 19 queries.