blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Self ban on games online bookies & machines inside bookies
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Self ban on games online bookies & machines inside bookies  (Read 14447 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2013, 04:39:53 PM »

There is nothing virtual about a winner Tal!

Copyright Derek Thompson 2006
Did you hear his commentary last night? I was cringing.

the "give him a big cheer hasnt he done well making all in the blinkers" one?

Yes, for some as yet unknown reason he started chatting to me at Lingfield last Saturday

Just as he is on camera as of it

"Hey you ok there big felllllla?"

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »

Since I started this topic I haven't had a single spin on a machine, but today I wanted to take myself to task & spend a few hours in the bookies seeing if I could persuade myself to stay away, with a bit of will power I succeeded. It's not really a first step of anything, neither do I deserve a pat on the back, but I suppose like it I said I put myself to task. As sad as it sounds watching others get annoyed with the machines is kinda fruitful in such ways, because it just shows why you want to stay from the things.

I suppose I gained myself half a point, because I made sure that I went in at a time when there was pretty much only machine play to really make a profit or loss.

But it makes you think about it, how these machines are vital to the shops one punter on these machines probably in one spin or two or three spins more than what is took from the remaining customers put together in the shop! Not only this, but every single shop I have ever been in crams all 4 (which is the max in) into the shop however they can. It definitely shows how vital these are to the shops, it would be very questionable that without them would people be in a job?

However minus half a point, because I've played blackjack online for 30 mins to pass by whilst I wait for the racing to start today, however the online betting is a lot more smaller than the machines, but it is NOT excuseable.
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »

Since I started this topic I haven't had a single spin on a machine, but today I wanted to take myself to task & spend a few hours in the bookies seeing if I could persuade myself to stay away, with a bit of will power I succeeded. It's not really a first step of anything, neither do I deserve a pat on the back, but I suppose like it I said I put myself to task. As sad as it sounds watching others get annoyed with the machines is kinda fruitful in such ways, because it just shows why you want to stay from the things.

I suppose I gained myself half a point, because I made sure that I went in at a time when there was pretty much only machine play to really make a profit or loss.

But it makes you think about it, how these machines are vital to the shops one punter on these machines probably in one spin or two or three spins more than what is took from the remaining customers put together in the shop! Not only this, but every single shop I have ever been in crams all 4 (which is the max in) into the shop however they can. It definitely shows how vital these are to the shops, it would be very questionable that without them would people be in a job?

However minus half a point, because I've played blackjack online for 30 mins to pass by whilst I wait for the racing to start today, however the online betting is a lot more smaller than the machines, but it is NOT excuseable.

Think its now up to you and fwiw why tempt fate hanging around in a bookies checking the machine action, dont go in unless u having a punt on the horses.

Sounds same as me if Im trying to avoid putting money on 26 neigbours why do I hang around the tables - no point.

Keep away - simples.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: