blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:21:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273069 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  West Ham or Liverpool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: West Ham or Liverpool  (Read 8479 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2006, 06:48:49 PM »

Outside the Shankly Gates
I heard a Kopite calling :
Shankly they have taken you away
But you left a great eleven
Before you went to heaven
Now it's glory round the Fields of Anfield Road.

All round the Fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and he could play)
We had Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
Of the glory round the Fields of Anfield Road

Outside the Paisley Gates
I heard a Kopite calling
Paisley they have taken you away..
You led the great 11
Back in Rome in 77
And the redmen they are still playing the same way

All round the Fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and he could play)
We had Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
Of the glory round the Fields of Anfield Road.

disco disco disco disco disco disco disco

Typical sc Cheesy ucer thieves stealing songs from other clubs!!

Personally I balme Scotch on the Rocks it was them who wrote this song - nonsense!

Let the Free Birds Fly!
the adapted liverpool lyrics are sung to the tune " fields of Athenry "..........which was originally a ballad about the irish potato famine.
it has also been adapted by celtic,rangers and the irish rugby team.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
delta9thc

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2006, 07:01:54 PM »

great game and i have to say i got more worked up over the equaliser than i was last year against a.c milan, and carra didnt deserve to lose after that og, he must of been replaying that game against the mancs a couple of years ago when they won. legends the lot of them, how many injured players in the et? amazing
whufc65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2006, 09:22:23 PM »

Just back from pub absolutely gutted but a proud Hammer,  for the way we have played this season.

Getting to FA Cup Final

Getting into Europe

Last away team to win at Highbury

4 points off Trottenham Hotspur
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2006, 09:54:08 PM »

Just back from pub absolutely gutted but a proud Hammer,  for the way we have played this season.

Getting to FA Cup Final

Getting into Europe

Last away team to win at Highbury

4 points off Trottenham Hotspur

Never mind, just another 26 years to wait for your next cup final. Wink
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2006, 02:44:22 AM »

Wow what a game. Best cup final i can recall.

The hammers can be proud of an awesome display on such a big occasion. They have a fine young team and to stretch and at times outplay Liverpool in a game of this magnitude bodes very well for their future. If they can strengthen their squad they have  abright future ahead which is great for them not many years after losing players of the calibre of cole, lampard, ferdinand and defoe.

As for liverpool, the talent was only on show for moments in the final today but the spirit was there throughout and Gerrard is the best midfielder I've seen in my lifetime. No area of his game is weak and he has the mental strength to back up his huge talent. His second goal today to my mind even eclipsed the stunning third goal agaisnt olympiakos to get liverpool through the CL group stages last season, as this time he was injured and even less time was left on the clock.

I watch football exactly for these occasions. BRILLIANT!!!!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2006, 05:47:34 PM »

All I can say is I've lost 10 years off my life.

First off I want to say big up to West Ham. Immense. You guys have proper fans and proper class. I love seeing a properly supported club. In recent years I've been at cup final days against Arsenal, Man U, Milan, Alaves and Birmingham. However no set of fans were as sporting as you Irons. The atmosphere where I was at surpassed all the other finals I have been to and it was down to the good feelings between our fans.

As for the game itself I'm not sure what happened to our defence?? Alonso was blatantly unfit - not sure why we went with him over the very professional Hamann. I feel sorry for Kewell - been so good all season only to be unlucky again. Gerrard is THEE man. Without Rooney our hopes lie with him this summer. Surely the world's best midfielder? I would have trouble swapping him for anyone right now. Game in, game out, I think he does more for us than any player in the world does for his club. If he plays like this he can drag England to glory as he does Liverpool.

With a couple of strikers next season we will be challengers.

What a day, what a game, what a player.
EuroChamps

Join me, and I will complete your training!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2006, 11:51:30 AM »

I must say as much of a die hard red that i am, West Ham produced a great display on saturday.  Credit should not only go to the mangement and players for that, but also to the fans.

Liverpool were sloppy for the most part of the game, i think Alonso gave the ball away more times in the final than he did in the whole season!!  But nevertheless the team showed pride, passion and heart and that is exactly what liverpool football club is all about!

I was so proud of the team back in Istanbul last year and just as proud on saturday, Rafa has got us playing good football, and has given the team a belief that is unparalleled!

More success is destined for this team let me tell you!!!

Champions of Europe 2005
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2006, 11:54:52 AM »

A primary teacher starts a new job at a school on Merseyside and, trying to make a good impression on her first day, explains to her class that she is a Liverpool fan.

She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Liverpool fans. Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says: "Mary, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Liverpool fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asks: "Well, if you're not a Liverpool fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I'm a West Ham United fan, and proud of it," Mary replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Mary, why are you a Hammers fan?"

"Because my mum and dad are from the Eastend, and my mum is a West Ham fan and my dad is a West Ham fan, so I'm a West Ham fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher, in an annoyed tone, "that's no reason for you to be a West Ham fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time.

What if your mum was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict and car thief, what would you be then?"

"Then," Mary smiled, "I'd be a Liverpool fan."
whufc65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2006, 02:58:02 PM »

thumbs up

Very Good
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2006, 06:01:10 PM »

loool

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
SKIPPYSKIP

He who DARES, WINS !!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2006, 06:02:51 PM »

best post you ever done Nem
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2006, 04:17:12 PM »

West Ham United's supporters have been voted the Best Opposition Fans by visitors to liverpoolfc.tv in the official Liverpool Football Club End of Season poll. 
The Hammers were in great spirits during the FA Cup final in Cardiff and mixed brilliantly with Liverpool supporters all weekend in Wales. While West Ham walked away with 60% of the votes, Portsmouth and Real Betis both won respect from the Reds who voted.

2006 End o0f Season Poll: Best Opposition Supporters: Top 10

1. West Ham 60%
2. Portsmouth 8%
3. Real Betis 8%
4. Benfica 7%
5. Luton 4%
6. Newcastle 4%
7. Wigan 3%
8. Chelsea 2%
9. Everton 2%
10. Man United 2%
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2006, 04:23:10 PM »

If West Ham won the FA Cup, they would be at the bottom.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »

I disagree. It was thebest supported cup final between the sets of fans. A really good atmosphere. When was the last time you saw losing fans staying to watch the winners pick up the cup?
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2006, 04:27:45 PM »

I disagree. It was thebest supported cup final between the sets of fans. A really good atmosphere. When was the last time you saw losing fans staying to watch the winners pick up the cup?

They only stayed back because it is going to be another 26 years to their next Cup Final.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: