blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:03:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  annoyance poll
Poll
Question: What annoys you most about Poker?  (Voting closed: September 22, 2005, 02:11:45 PM)
the board double pairing and you losing with 66 v queen high - 5 (13.5%)
someone slowrolling you - 8 (21.6%)
losing on AA to a lower pair - 1 (2.7%)
going out on the bubble - 6 (16.2%)
The player who knocks you out giving you a rub down - 17 (45.9%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: annoyance poll  (Read 4033 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 03:38:51 PM »

actually, as we get such a range of experience here can we put out a plea to people at the beginning of their live poker career. Don't believe what you see on TV. when you're after a particular card, shouting for it isn't welcomed by most players, nor is banging on the table when it arrives. If you win a big pot by outdrawing someone, generally people don't want to hear why you played them or what they did wrong to make the outdraw inevitable. high fiving and cheering people on from the side also not great.

you'll make a lot more friends in the game if you follow all that

anyone want to second all that.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2005, 03:40:32 PM »

Slow rolling- hate it. Rubdowns- some are amusing and dont mind them at all. Whooping and hollering- the worst trait in the world and I always say something and point out what an arse they are making of themself. speechplay/moodies- part of the game and should be allowed everywhere, this is a game of deception. Bad losers- get a life its a game and there are more important things in life. Bad beats- dont listen anymore, just nod and say "you did nothing wrong/ you played it perfectly/ you cant beat if the fish is willing to call" at what seems to be an appropriate time  Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005, 03:47:11 PM »

i got mixed up in a little heated debate in walsall the other week when i reraised and EP raise with trips only for the guy next to me to reraise all in the EP player folds and i am obliged to call

when my oppo turns over his flush draw and another player at table shouts out pair the board all hell broke loose when the turn pair the board and i didnt even say a word

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 03:50:26 PM »

I tell you what else is annoying me at the minute. OVER enforcement of the string betting rule. There's a huge difference between,
1) saying "I call...(chips in, pause) and raise...(more chips)
2 saying raise and puting a stack of chips out and being call up on a string bet and being made to put just the bottom chip in.
3) doing 2 without clearly saying raise (It's bloody obvious)

most (though not all) of the time when string betting comes up in the card room it's the person calling the string bet who's angle shooting, rather than the person making the bet. if intentions are obvious and can be clarified at the time, string bet shouldn't be called so quick.

drives me mad to see 'experienced players' using string betting rulings to bully new players.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 03:53:20 PM by AdamM » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005, 04:04:44 PM »

People touching my chips, I once slapped someone's hand like I'd caught them in the cookie jar because they thought I'd miscounted my raise (I hadn't) and were going to put some more of my chips in. They are MY chips, and I paid for them. I can deal easily with the daft calls, the smug slow-rollers and the people giving me a dressing down because what goes around comes around, but people trying to constrict the way I play by any means makes me angry.

In other words:

Homer no like...

Homer SMASH.

Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 04:08:18 PM »

Dwellers are the worst for me. There's a time and a place for big decisions, and deciding whether or not to make up your SB is not the time!!

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 05:10:34 PM »

i almost expect to get done by a pair hitting trips so is a silent aaah and then move on . its part of the game.
Example I had AA cracked 2nd hand today by pocket kings in a sit and go  preflop . thats life. the other guy apologised..he he he remember that thread, and i just said good luck.
some day the dog bites you some days you bite the dog..woof
bad manners and arrogance wrongly placed and voiced loudly rub me up....but thats just a reflection on life as well...ye get all sorts
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 06:12:24 PM »

i almost expect to get done by a pair hitting trips so is a silent aaah and then move on . its part of the game.
Example I had AA cracked 2nd hand today by pocket kings in a sit and go  preflop . thats life. the other guy apologised..he he he remember that thread, and i just said good luck.
some day the dog bites you some days you bite the dog..woof
bad manners and arrogance wrongly placed and voiced loudly rub me up....but thats just a reflection on life as well...ye get all sorts

Slow rolling without a doubt.

People who constantly complain about getting AA cracked is another  Kiss

« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 06:14:23 PM by Teacake » Logged
Exorcism

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 07:01:29 PM »

Is there anything left? Judging by the above, someone at the table at the next tourney I play will object to something I do  Grin

Seriously though, I agree with the string betting comment. I have had this as I dropped chips from my hand in a sort of cascade motion (close to the felt - not splashing from a great height like that KGB fella in Rounders) when opening the betting. It made sod all difference to anyone's decision and was hardly different to me plonking 5 chips down at once (for that is what it was). I was looking at my chips, not the opponents, in the 1.3 seconds (approximately) it took for the chips to drop. It was a world away from two separate movements of chip stacks during which I look at the field to gauge their reactions. I can only guess the guys bringing me up on it are time and motion men by day.

I also personally don't like the apparent disgust shown and critical comments made by a player (and agreed to by his local friends at the table) when I reraise all-in against 4 limpers as happened to me at Sheffield. I'm low in chips (5k) and they all limp in with 500 each. I have to take the opportunity when I have AQ. If you don't like it, don't limp!!

Censored by the powers that be!
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 07:17:20 PM »

That was the other one ... pot splashing! All so very dramatic (not) and a creator of total confusion.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 07:24:00 PM »

Not sure if its my 'most' annoying but I always seem to hit 2 pair on one-suit flops.  AARGH!

Sheriff

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: