blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 08:00:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272946 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Poker Coaches?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Coaches?  (Read 7182 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2013, 03:56:57 AM »

I love it! Find it very fun, I do a weekly seminar which is free and has over 1000 every week tuning in the. Some of the videos have had 10,000 views.

It's all about motivation if you do it just for the money then it's just a grind and you will coach poorly.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2013, 04:02:46 AM »

PM'd you Marc
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2013, 04:07:29 AM »

Are you serious Tom? People have made valid points to a NEW member of the forum. We have a right to help people in the same village to let them know of certain people's inadequacies.

If people ask you for recommendation of a curry house I'm sure you'd tell them the truth etc etc.

You can't ignore the truth

huh? I dont get it, I haven't said anyone shouldnt say anything or whatever you're implying?

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2013, 07:22:55 AM »

@OP: In my experience, the best coaches (not just in a poker context) will teach you how you want/need to be taught. My best advice is to contact a few and get a feel for what you want out of it and what they each offer.

Coaching is a lot harder than teaching for the majority of people; it is a different skillset entirely. Choose wisely.

In the days I used to be good at hu sngs someone offered me $500 per hour to coach them.

I could hardly turn that down, but after 3 or 4 sessions it just became patently obvious I am a terrible teacher.

I just couldn't put into words concepts that seemed obvious to me.

Coaching is v v tough.

I don't believe, not for a second, that being a good player necessarily makes someone a good coach.

I do believe that many players of lesser ability can in fact make excellent coaches.

A look at Managers & ex-Managers in the Premier League (football) is adequate proof of this, I'd suggest.   

The chaps mentioned in this thread as being really good players might make well be good coaches, I have no idea, but it does not automatically follow.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 12:43:35 PM »

I don't believe, not for a second, that being a good player necessarily makes someone a good coach.

I do believe that many players of lesser ability can in fact make excellent coaches.

A look at Managers & ex-Managers in the Premier League (football) is adequate proof of this, I'd suggest.   

The chaps mentioned in this thread as being really good players might make well be good coaches, I have no idea, but it does not automatically follow.

Couldn't agree more Teacake, was gonna say the same thing.

The other thing is personalities make a big point as well, I've done some coaching and found it's been brilliant with some people and terrible with others, you defo need to Gel as a partnership like Marc says, if you respect the person's play + enjoy the way he teaches (as well as actually liking him as a person) then you'll find it really beneficial - however dislike one of those things and you wont get much and will be burning money pretty much.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2013, 08:39:29 PM »

Nik Hicks took the DTD coach to Wembley this week.

Small sample size I know but impressive result nevertheless.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Yian

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2013, 05:46:59 PM »

Nik Hicks took the DTD coach to Wembley this week.

Small sample size I know but impressive result nevertheless.

Jeez he mist the bus back. How on earth is he gonna be able to get back to Nottingham?Huh??

By making himself one of these I guess...

Click to see full-size image.
Yian

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »

Probably get there faster though on one of these...

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »

Nah, he's won enough to be able to have his destination moved to where he is.

Travelling to places is for the plebs.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2013, 06:25:32 PM »

I currently only have one student. I was planning on taking a few on but I figured quickly that I'd enjoy it less. It's not just for the money but I love helping people with the game. I also can't take too many people on atm since I've got a staking deal on here that takes up a lot of my time.

If the OP hasn't found a coach yet then feel free to pm me.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: