blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 09:05:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Totally O/T Settle an Argument Please...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Totally O/T Settle an Argument Please...  (Read 6032 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2005, 11:35:55 PM »

4/7 Red-Dog does.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2005, 11:41:36 PM »

line 2 is

that loved everything to do with xmas

anyone know the rest

Rob Andrew might.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Rhu

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2005, 11:42:39 PM »

I'm not educated enough to know any poets.

I only just found out that William Hill wrote Romeo and Juliet.
jammer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 12:25:10 AM »

who is tony harrison?

didn't he used to be an artist on kids tv.

nope hold on that' tony hart.

most definitely rob andrew then.... Wink
BrumBilly

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2005, 03:03:57 AM »

During the 90's I went through a period of buying a book a week...one week it was drama, the next it was poetry....One of the plays I picked up was Harrison's 'The Common Chorus   (an adaptation of Aristophanes' Lysistrata)   Faber and Faber, 1992' which was to put it bluntly PRETTY PANTS....suffice to say that's the last time I paid for anything by him (oh, and I can't imagine any of the women I know having the foggiest as to who he is but I'm sure a fair few quite fancied Rob Andrew so for my money Rob would come out ahead in the fame stakes).

If anyone wants any poetry worth reading (that isn't in the least bit up it's own ace) then give Fred Voss a try(Grad school dropout who tours the country working as a lathe operator in big machine shops) 'Carnegie Hall with Tin Roofs'.

Will.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2005, 03:25:39 AM »

During the 90's I went through a period of buying a book a week...one week it was drama, the next it was poetry....One of the plays I picked up was Harrison's 'The Common Chorus   (an adaptation of Aristophanes' Lysistrata)   Faber and Faber, 1992' which was to put it bluntly PRETTY PANTS....suffice to say that's the last time I paid for anything by him (oh, and I can't imagine any of the women I know having the foggiest as to who he is but I'm sure a fair few quite fancied Rob Andrew so for my money Rob would come out ahead in the fame stakes).

If anyone wants any poetry worth reading (that isn't in the least bit up it's own ace) then give Fred Voss a try(Grad school dropout who tours the country working as a lathe operator in big machine shops) 'Carnegie Hall with Tin Roofs'.

Will.

I would like to have a big bet this the first time Aristophanes has been mentioned on a poker forum in the history of the internet.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BrumBilly

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2005, 03:46:14 AM »

Hmmmm....you're probably right in terms of a direct reference though discussion of 'The Birds' is never far from the heart of the more popular threads on here. Wink
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 08:06:20 AM »

as in THE Tony Harrison??? the great (and one of few) british sonnet writers in recent times?Huh??

nah gotta say more peopel would have heard of Rob Andrew, even tho i dont do egg chasing he had a pretty mean right boot

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2005, 09:09:39 AM »

Will.

I would like to have a big bet this the first time Aristophanes has been mentioned on a poker forum in the history of the internet.

and someone whose critical faculties extend discussion of Aristophanes with the use of the words "Pretty Pants" in the same sentence should be encouraged to post more.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2005, 06:05:47 PM »

I don't/didn't know who either of them were!!!!!

Liberavi animam meam
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2005, 06:18:58 PM »

I don't/didn't know who either of them were!!!!!

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2005, 06:42:30 PM »

I thought that this  had been imported especially for Soopyn.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2005, 06:44:03 PM »

We're gonna miss the super sat to Rob's home game Ralph 

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2005, 07:35:23 PM »

I just PM'd Nick to say that, and that I/we would be playing the next one and the STT at high noon.

thumbs up

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2005, 10:04:12 PM »

I'm not so sure, someone must have it as a screen name somewhere. What price would you take?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: