blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Annoying spot in a £2/£4 game
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying spot in a £2/£4 game  (Read 9750 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2011, 08:50:23 PM »

I've sent the thread to Reds (LOLUFOLD) & suggested he might like to respond. He's a fairly quiet lad, but he may.

He recently did a "Sky Poker School" Show, & he seems to have a way of explaining his thought process pretty well, so it may be useful. Or not.

He plays on Sky Poker most nights, usually at £2.50-£5 or above 6-max. I think his preferred format is Heads-Up at £10-£20 & above, though he seems at ease with any format.

To G2L, no, he's not a God, far from it, but he's "tidy", & has a fairly eye-watering 'roll, all from poker. His 21st for $350k in last year's WSOP Main is his biggest score, but I fancy he wins a good deal more than that per annum Online. He ran deep - 61st I think - in the PCA last month, I think, & I would assume he's at DTD today for UKIPT.

Go & say hi if he's there - he's a most pleasant & friendly chap.

Hi Tony- wasnt meant in a insulting way. Have heard he isnt bad! Never got to stay long enough to say hi unfort!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »

although I still maintain lolufold's 3bets would not contain many mid-strength hands in this specific spot but then I seem to be in the minority here.

I agree his 3b range is extremely polarised and nearly all of it is bluffs.  I also don't think we have bad RIO in fact I think he does when we call since he has a lot of Ax/Jx that he 3 bets which isn't strong enough to call as well as lots of hands that are going to make 2nd pair/a draw when we make top pair and we just print money when this happens.  Obviously it's negated a fair bit that we are OOP with an awkward stack size vs a strong opponent but I believe calling is almost certainly profitable with this and other hands in our calling range (stuff like 99 KQ AQ and we can widen this by occasionally showing up with JTs AA)  If we just 4b f/4b c we are just playing a guessing game as to whether he is 5 betting us light or not since we don't really have any other information.

The reason I prefer a balanced unexploitable strategy is exactly so I don't need to play guessing games as to villain's 5betting ranges since I am indifferent to whether he plays too tight or too loose. I think we're getting into worse guessing games by flatting, if it comes J-high we're not folding obv, but if it comes A-high do we check/call 3 streets? When we flat we hit the flop pretty much exactly 1/3rd of the time, so we're getting pot odds to call even if we always check/fold when we miss, provided we make a profit on our betting after the flop when we hit, which is something that is very hard to quantify.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »

Floppy now knows what Red's (LOLUFOLD) hand was, & it's up to him whether he wants to reveal.

I think Redmond preferred not to respond himself, he's not much of one for Forum posting. He was highly entertained by the thread, though!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »

Floppy now knows what Red's (LOLUFOLD) hand was, & it's up to him whether he wants to reveal.

I think Redmond preferred not to respond himself, he's not much of one for Forum posting. He was highly entertained by the thread, though!

one time have Aces and make me look clever pls Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2011, 05:58:12 PM »

!

As it happens, Mr Skolsuper is on Sky Poker Channel 865 on Sunday evening, & as LOLUFOLD is a prominent regular on Sky Poker, I've sent the Thread to the Studio, as James may want to elaborate further on his analysis. Be quite good to do the reveal on air, & see who got it right. Or not......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2011, 06:07:25 PM »

!

As it happens, Mr Skolsuper is on Sky Poker Channel 865 on Sunday evening, & as LOLUFOLD is a prominent regular on Sky Poker, I've sent the Thread to the Studio, as James may want to elaborate further on his analysis. Be quite good to do the reveal on air, & see who got it right. Or not......

It'd be good if Lol posted rather than just being sent our reads on him though!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2011, 06:21:11 PM »

!

It'd be good if Lol posted rather than just being sent our reads on him though!!

Quite so, but he's not one for Posting much on Forums, as you know, he's very much a GIQ guy. I told Chris I'd find out for him, & so I did.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2011, 06:23:21 PM »

!

Quite so, but he's not one for Posting much on Forums, as you know, he's very much a GIQ guy. I told Chris I'd find out for him, & so I did.

If he doesn't read these boards he doesn't need to be sent hhs involving him! unless he wants to get involved with the discussion. Or do we have to be very 2+2 a few years ago and all stop actually posting anything useful incase other people read it?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »

!

If he doesn't read these boards he doesn't need to be sent hhs involving him! unless he wants to get involved with the discussion. Or do we have to be very 2+2 a few years ago and all stop actually posting anything useful incase other people read it?

I don't buy that, you are making it something it is not.

I thought the thread, & some of the analysis, was fascinating, & I was mildly curious to see if Reds would respond, so I sent it to him, as he's a decent mate. I hoped he would, to be honest. And I was curious to know the answer, & so was Chris. I did not need to send it to him, I just thought it was worth trying, because some analysis from him - the only missing part of the jigsaw now - would have been very interesting, imo. I wish he'd Posted, I really do, but I was never gonna pressurise him so to do. He would never have seen the Thread had I not sent it to him, of course. Not everyone reads blonde PHA.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:38:53 PM by tikay » Logged

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2011, 06:45:47 PM »

You can understand why it's not good for us to discuss reads or reasoning if the opponent who I/we play with regularly will be sent the info but not respond! One way street.

Though tbf this sort of discussion is really normally way too OTT for the level of games anyway.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2011, 10:10:13 AM »

lolughey

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: