blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:05:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273083 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Opponents thought process?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opponents thought process?  (Read 827 times)
Radagast

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:12:45 PM »

I am playing recently in a live 50 GBP buy in... 12k starting stack... 30 min blinds....35 players.

I have been very tight...

only real notable hands I flop top set on a 678 board and moved all in when what I had behind equalled the pot.  Guy folded and showed 5-6, I showed my hand.

later Im all in with 10 10 v AK with 12 bbs and win.......

Ive raised and c bet a few Ax hands without challenge.

We are now at 400/800, 18 players remain playing 6 handed....I have 12k left. 

UTG +1 makes it 2400

UTG +2 calls for 2400

Folded to me, I move all in for 12000 total.

UTG folds

UTG +2 tanks....he had 22000 before the hand...its 9600 for him to call.

He calls with  three diamonds and says I have hardly seen any of your hands tonight, you need to gamble sometime.

Without knowing my hand, what is he thinking right now as if the roles were reversed I would not have called neither the original 2400 with  three clubs or the all in?

Now I have played with this guy occasionally and he is a solid player.  However tonight he has commentated all night on most hands, finished 40 odd place in the recent DTD grand prix, goes down 3 times a week from Glasgow etc,  won 12k online recently etc etc ...admittedly he has played well in the first few hours of play.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »

it's quite a bad call tbh although if he thinks you're jamming quite wide then it's no where near as bad as you think it is. I would prolly have jammed his stack over peeling the 2400. Folding fine as well, agree just calling the 2400 is not a great play. Is there ante's? I'd be jamming if there was ante's and prolly folding if there wasnt

Radagast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 01:07:32 PM »

Cheers.  No antes. 

Yes Im glad you agree, I just didnt think his call stacked up.  Obviously I was delighted when he called, not when he pinged a 3 on the first card out.

But it was just one of those moments I couldnt get my head around and wondered if i mis read the odds or my move wasnt the best.

I couldnt really do much else.

After he took so long to call I expected him to have KQs or AJ hoping I had a medium pair or I was wide.

Thanks for the feedback. 
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 01:30:11 PM »

From an odds POV his call is not that bad.

He gets about 2:1 on the call, which against a range of AJo+, ATs+, KQ+, 66+ is ok.
This may be a bit wide for you, but still, it's only a small -EV play to call, at worst.

Peeling 33 PF in that spot is pretty horrible though.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 01:47:56 PM »

From an odds POV his call is not that bad.

He gets about 2:1 on the call, which against a range of AJo+, ATs+, KQ+, 66+ is ok.
This may be a bit wide for you, but still, it's only a small -EV play to call, at worst.

Peeling 33 PF in that spot is pretty horrible though.

yh, this is why jamming the 33 vs that range is a way way superior play than calling and calling

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: