blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 08:02:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272889 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Betpal
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Betpal  (Read 1753 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2013, 08:03:50 AM »

In my fleeting visits to TFT last couple of weeks I keep seeing more and more references/links to Betpal.*

Is this a new challenge from within to TFT?

Is it the poor mans Betting Emporium?

Is it to be a money making venture?

If not, what is its purpose?

And finally, I do hope the horse racing expert is not anyone of us, because I just looked at two full pages and struggled to find a placed horse!

*this is a tongue in cheek post, but asking a serious question.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 08:36:36 AM »

The only references in TfT I can see to Betpal* in the last few weeks are related to cricket.

Reading between some widely spaced lines, I would venture to suggest that the author of the articles is a much-respected Cricket Expert (amongst other things) who resides in Fred & elsewhere in blonde, hence the references.

*This is a tougue in cheek reply.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 08:37:49 AM »

It is a site that scotty2hatty has written for for a while on a few sports, and then asked me to do the same on a few others they weren't covering

Its purpose I assume is the same as any other sports betting site.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 09:23:31 AM »

Ah. Looks like my post not taken in spirit it was meant again.

Will try again....

What I mean is, if all the write up for bets are going to be to follow a link to another site, is this

A, just laziness to not cut and paste,

B, an effort to boost membership to Betpal?

C, both

I have no issue with either whatsoever, but just wondered.  Not a big issue.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »

Ah. Looks like my post not taken in spirit it was meant again.

Will try again....

What I mean is, if all the write up for bets are going to be to follow a link to another site, is this

A, just laziness to not cut and paste,

B, an effort to boost membership to Betpal?

C, both

I have no issue with either whatsoever, but just wondered.  Not a big issue.

I am not sure the point you are making. Not for the first time

I've no connection with Betpal (managing it, does it make money etc etc) beyond writing some articles for them

Some of these are sourced from my TfT research, some not

I think mine are good articles, so I put a couple of links up. No efforts to boost any membership (not sure you have to be a member anyway, its free to read, no sign up needed)

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:46:33 AM »

LOL.

Ok. Not sure what is unclear, I asked the question in the OP. Is the purpose of the site to in future generate income?

Neil, when introducing his links to BE was clear that it was hopefully their course of action, I was simply asking if that was the purpose of Betpal, or a purely recreational one. Never made any comment on your articles. I always enjoy reading your musings, and follow the vast majority, surely no bigger compliment?

Yep, read the OP again, and I cant see what there is to not get, for an intelligent bloke like yourself? So not sure why the veiled dig tbh, most of my oft unanswered posts are bets, pure and simple. Not sure what there is to not get...

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 09:57:29 AM »

There's no veiled dig

I write articles for them on rugby, cricket, F1 maybe some NFL in due course

I don't know what their aims are (presumably the hope is that people read the tips, click the links and bet via their affiliate relationships), I don't run it and didn't set it up (unlike Neil with BE) so my guess is as good as yours!

My eyes are open wide
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 11:16:04 AM »

In my fleeting visits to TFT last couple of weeks I keep seeing more and more references/links to Betpal.*

Is this a new challenge from within to TFT?

Is it the poor mans Betting Emporium?

Is it to be a money making venture?

If not, what is its purpose?

And finally, I do hope the horse racing expert is not anyone of us, because I just looked at two full pages and struggled to find a placed horse!

*this is a tongue in cheek post, but asking a serious question.

Hey Adz, I'll have a go at answering your questions as I write the greyhound and MMA stuff for the site and as TightEnd mentioned it was I that got him involved.

- not a new challenge within TfT.

- not a poor man's Betting Emporium, similarities are that both offer tips but different concepts at the moment.

- there's hundreds of similar sites, an affiliate based sports betting site.

- the horse racing guy is actually quite good, his random daily stuff maybe not so much but for the big stuff his trend based analysis is good.

Basically when I got asked to get involved I knew that there was a few things needing changed and the site is improving - one of the reasons I asked Rich to get involved. There is a team of around 6 tipsters, each covering different areas. I don't follow the other guys' results really but I know myself and Tighty have been performing well, albeit Tighty has not long joined the team.

But like TightEnd said, the site is also nothing to do with me, I simply put some of what is in my head on a daily basis anyway into writing for the site.

I think I have maybe linked one article in the months I have been writing for them as I don't cover many big events like TightEnd but stuck my link in my sig, hope that is ok.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 12:10:40 PM »

Thanks Scotty

Ever wished you hadn't posted something in the first place?!

As I said it was not a poke at anyone, I just wondered if this was another tipping venture.

I obviously knew it wasn't a rival to the fun that is TFT, but should maybe be more straightforward/serious in my question posing, as it seems to confuse people.

Thanks for the reply, and hope the membership numbers grow for you.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 06:00:31 PM »

Morning all.

Casting aside the misunderstandings etc, the thread is an excellent hook upon which to make a point or two.

In the case of Betpal, with whom blonde or myself have no vested interest, I'm rather keen that Scott & Rich are encouraged to promote the site, & their articles, via blonde.

Both of them do so much for blonde, Scotty via his Greyhound Competitions, Tighty via his Reports & so much else, I think the least we can do is to encourage this sort of thing, especially if it furthers their cause with the Site, Betpal. So, in these cases, a link is MUCH better than C & P.

Hence I have also been a bit spammy on several occasions as to Oddschecker, as horsey has managed to secure a few temporary positions there, & I'd rather like it if that could become permanent. Every little heps.

Ditto Channing, & BE. He has steered us in so many ways, & been so helpful, the least we can do is help him & Joe with BE.  

The more of this, the better.

Jaffa Cake & Jamier are both doing some stuff, too, & we'll help promote it as much as we are able.

So we may see occasional link to such sites, but there is usually a valid reason.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: