blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:39:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Bogey Hands and Lucky Hands
Poll
Question: Do you have a lucky/bogey hand?
Yes - And I alter my play accordingly
No - Dont be so silly, you make your own luck
I'm not telling you

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bogey Hands and Lucky Hands  (Read 820 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:08:22 PM »

Following on from my post about the right or wrong play scenario with a pair of Jakes.  A hand I openly admit that I don't like because more often than not they put me in trouble.

I am interested to know does anyone have a bogey hand or a lucky hand and does this alter the way you play if dealt this hand?

Highstack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 03:29:02 PM »

My dislike of jacks is well served in that I cans eriouslys ay no matter how I play them they always seem to haunt me.  What I have noticed though is osme times I try and be cute with them and limp in looking for a low flop hoping to get more value.  Since posting this thread I have beend ealt Jacks 4 x and not lost a hand with them.  I have been limping in early position and making it expensive to play in late position if - and this seems to be working for me just now.

Jacks are a good hand, but if they are genuinely a concern for you and are showing a losss in your stats, then it would be wise to treat them like a smaller pair. Play them passively and try to hit sets. If you miss then you can get out cheaply.

I just posted this on your other thread, but it seems more appropriate here.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 06:06:15 PM »

I seem to lose with pocket Kings a lot more often than I win, not even just outdrawn by an ace but backdoor flushes and ridiculous straights.  I dont play them any different but Im not always ecstatic to see them.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 06:21:48 PM »

I have specific sub standard hands that I play differently to what you would expect. ie, not chucking the trash away

This has nothing to do with them being "lucky" hands and everything to do with game theory, randomizing my play.

Specific hands, and they need to be specific suits.

I couldn't possibly say what they are, that would be daft. Smiley

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: