blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:02:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker- Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker- Thanks.  (Read 4621 times)
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 11:29:21 PM »

Well done Chili and Photurian. Great result  thumbs up

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 12:07:12 AM »

Well done Chili and Photurian. Great result  thumbs up

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 12:24:43 AM »

A bit of tuition from BAINN and HARMONY which i will be taking to heart and trying to add to my game so massive thanks for that and dedicate my 4th to BAINN and the lovely HARMONY, it was nice to have a cheering section!!! just didnt happen!

Ah, bless ya lad  thumbs up

It was a pleasure to meet you Squire and you put in such a great performance, especially when you consider that you were nearly out in 90th place, nice one !

Very well done to Maria and top marks to Tom, was great to see some excellent talent at the final table.

DTD did yet ANOTHER brillant job with the comp and the whole day, a huge thanks to everyone there.

Nice job by Skypoker and their team, and yes, Tony put everyone else first before him as USUAL.

Sir, you are a top bloke and one of a kind.

All in all, Harmony and I enjoyed ourselves immensely and met up with loads of people and look forward to the Broadway leg.

"Decerno, exsequor"

"It's nothing personal, just business."
Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 01:36:52 AM »

Tom of course made sure he was properly "Fueled" at the final table -

Click to see full-size image.

And when Tom discovered he had TWO eggs in his breakfast, it was news that had to be recorded -

"Decerno, exsequor"

"It's nothing personal, just business."
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 12:07:08 PM »

echo everything said by red-dog it was a fantastic day, well done sky for putting on a great tournament and bringing such a nice bunch of people together.

a few thoughts on the day.............

on a personal note finished 10th, pleased to get the grand final ticket but disappointed to bubble for the final table. happy with my game but lost my two biggest pots of the night when had aa v 99 beat and then with 2 tables left had chili all in with 99 v a10 but wasnt able to win that vital race as chili rivered the st8.

simon trumper, a pure legend, worked tirelessly all day and always with a smile, nothing was to much  trouble and even after nearly a year of opening his enthusiasm for the club would lead you to believe every night was opening night. supported by some old guy whose name escapes me they put on a wonderful commentary throughout the day.

also great to see des duffy on board at sky, a great signing imo. a man who not only is a great businessman but works tirelessly at any poker event hes involved in. a throughly nice guy to boot as well. (although never seen him buy a round  Wink )

as for the tournament itself, a well run event (would expect nothing else from dtd tbh). great spirit at every table i played at.
was fantastic to see richard orford and norman pace again and had the pleasure of michelle orpe on my table for a short while what great fun she is and so very easy on the eye  Wink finally pushing with a 5 in her hand cos she just heard the big fish compo had just won a huge pot with 3 5 lol.

was great to see so many other blondes and had the pleasure of being at the same table at various times as red-dog, joobie , claw, redbull and the luckbox they call chili ( Wink well done girl) to name but a few. poor dingdell to she runs AA into KK and gets em busted more times than anyone i know!

i will most certainly be doing my best to qualify for the next leg in birmingham, 2nd only to apat imo for lower staked good structured tournaments with added value.

sky look like they have found the right niche offering this type of tour rather than going for the high roller events that a number of other cardrooms do  thumbs up

a big thank you also to the sky team involved in the event, a lot of work done behind the scenes meant for a smooth day imo, well done claire, andy, miami vice and the rest of the team you played a blinder! ooops nearly forgot ling hehe  Wink

poker should be fun, it was, roll on leg 2!

Miami Vic

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »

Thanks for the lovely comments, though the name's Vic not Vice (or have you heard something about my terrible reputation?) The team had a great time helping out at the event and big thanks to DTD, Simon, Tikay and the gang.

Vic from Miami
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 12:48:06 AM »

Big thanks to all at DTD.  Especially to Mathilde (sp?) who looked stunning and doubled me up when I really needed it, and to Mr Simon Trumper, who did a 12 hour shift, made everything run like clockwork, and made it look easy.

Thanks Guys!

Simon Trumper, a pure legend, worked tirelessly all day and always with a smile, nothing was to much  trouble and even after nearly a year of opening his enthusiasm for the club would lead you to believe every night was opening night. supported by some old guy whose name escapes me they put on a wonderful commentary throughout the day.

Hi Guys

I really appreciate your comments and i am glad my enthusiasm for everything Rob and Nick wanted to create is apparrent , i would also like to thank the team at Dusk Till Dawn who have developed the experience we provide through weeks of meetings and hard work.Our cardroom Supervisors and assistants work so well together in both running the tournaments and cash games and with our excellent dealer team will work all the hours required to make your day special here. Our GM's Darren and Maggie prepare all the hospitality side of our events ( imagine working out the drinks order for the Norwegians Championship lol ) and also oversee the maintenance of the club, day to day running , payroll etc and deal with everyone from security , reception , cashiers , valets , barstaff , kitchen , cleaners etc . Often working 90 hour weeks.

Many more people work behind the scenes like Derek and his IT team who created the clock and the dynamic updates on our website , John and Chris with Dave and Sasha in kitchen providing the superb food and buffets.

In short the whole DTD experience is created by a team effort from the moment you walk in . We are only into our 10th month and are constantly looking to make improvements but comments like these let us know that what we have achieved so far is appreciated.

Thanks

ACES
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 12:50:15 AM by ACES » Logged

HuckNall
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »

Just joined up!
Just a note to say that it was a pleasure playing on FT with Red Dog, Redbull, Photurian and Chilli.
Yes it was a great day at DTD and I am sure that our paths will cross again.
Regards all.
Roy
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 08:40:22 AM »

Welcome to blonde!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Photurian
WOOHOO im happier than a tornado in a trailer park!

Photurians are go

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 06:37:34 PM »

Just joined up!
Just a note to say that it was a pleasure playing on FT with Red Dog, Redbull, Photurian and Chilli.
Yes it was a great day at DTD and I am sure that our paths will cross again.
Regards all.
Roy

As it was with too mate.

I run with the devil coz he has all the goodies!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: