blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:50:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  MIDLANDS MEDLEY - LIVE UPDATE: DAY 1
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MIDLANDS MEDLEY - LIVE UPDATE: DAY 1  (Read 26924 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2006, 11:06:01 AM »

Good luck today Tom.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2006, 11:46:14 AM »

Thanks Ralph.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2006, 01:00:47 PM »

Great Updates, well done Guys, especially Floppy on his debut.

Good Luck to all the blondes, there are load of them still in, though let's hope the Welsh Section, led by Codeye Jones, remember their place in life.....

A truly wonderful evening, almost a blonde Bash, so many blondes there.

Never had so much fun, & I was pretty disappointed to bust out early after a truly Yoyo like performance. I managed to lose with KK (to 4-5), AA (to 6-7),  & TT (v 88), but won with KK & AA too, it was Big-Hand City all night for me.

Peter Costa played some world-class stuff he has a truly frightening ability to put players on hands, his winning play of 8-6 on an all-paint flop was just amazing.

And blondeite John Shipley arrived at my table with 800, & is now well in contention. How wonderful Poker is - I sat wiith several World-class players last night, it was an education. My table included Peter Costa, John Shipley, Paul Jackson, Carlo Citrone, Rob Yong, Stuart Rutter, & the nice yoing lad who won the Welsh Open at Cardiff.

As for my game, I barely made a mistake all night, in my opinion, though I had oodles of monster hands, but some nights they get turned over, & it was that sort of night.

But I had good fortune too, & I had to feel for Paul Jackson when I had AA & he had 3-5 (I'd R'd properly, got 4 callers, so Paul came along on the Button for value) with 3-5. The flop was A-3-5, &, Poker being Poker, the 3 turned.....Ouch!

A wonderful evening, thanks guys.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2006, 01:31:01 PM »

Indeed TK

I know I haven't been around many of the top events, but Peter's ability to put people on the EXACT hand (and that includes the suits!!) is truely amazing, the first time I saw him do this I thought it was just a fluke, but have seen him do it many many times since - hopefully one day he will teach me.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2006, 01:33:32 PM »

He's hopeless Paul.

I got involved with him on hand # 2, & he put me on KQ diamonds - but I actually had K-J diamonds. Hopeless, I tell ya.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2006, 01:37:34 PM »

Good luck this afternoon Tom, and dan samson and the DTD lot too.....

Top class pass in the hand you described Tom.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2006, 01:50:15 PM »

Had a good day yesterday, met lots of people.

My starting table was interestin, had rudders and fatmarra across from me, btoh who ibe played a lot with online. Then in the two seats to my right were ali mallou, and mick micky wernick, two players i had heard a lot about but had never faced.

Ali lived up to his agressive gambling reputation within the first few hands calling all in on the turn with bottom pair and a up n down str8 draw vs a guy with top set, that was his first chance gone, After that he continued to be agressive and built a stack up around 20k i believe. I still had my double chance to come and was on just over 6k. Ali limps for 100, and i make it 500 with AQ clubs, BB calls and so does ali, flop is Q 9 6 i believe and both check to me, i bet 700, BB fold and then ali makes an obscene raise to something in the region of 4000. Ali does not know me and i go the impression he thought i would fold like a little girl with anything but the nuts. I move all in and its about 1k more for ali to call which he does with 22 :-). 2 hands later micky limps UTG, ali limps, i limp with 22 and we see a cheap flop. The flop is T 6 2 with 2 diamonds, all check to me and i bet 350, micky calls then ali announces raise. Here comes the fun part, ali makes it 3000! more on top of my 350. I had ali on the A flush draw or JJ QQ (already seen him limp big pairs in EP). I call the 3000 with the thinkin that ali would fire again on the turn regardless of what came. Turn is an A spades and sure enough ali fires 5k, I move all in and he calls with KQ diamonds for the flush draw. River is a diamond and mr mallu scoops about a 28k pot at the end of level 2.

That pot was a killer for me and hard to swallow, but nevermind live poker obviously rigged

According to micky wernick I was mallued (word?) and is nothing to be ashamed of, lol

Knowing ali's style would anyone have played the hand differently? In my opinion if i move in on the flop he folds the hand whereas allowing him to bet the turn commits him to the pot which is essentially what I wanted.

Good luck to RED and rudders (my 10% lol) today hope to make it down at some point

Pab

Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2006, 02:32:40 PM »

Tikay can you do me a huge favour and ask Iwan Jones if he got the £300 from me?

cheers mate
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2006, 02:33:05 PM »

^^^^or anyone that knows Iwan Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2006, 06:34:54 PM »

Tikay can you do me a huge favour and ask Iwan Jones if he got the £300 from me?

cheers mate

Sorry Ben, I am not there today, & I'm almost not at home either, I have huge Broadband problems, & my Lappie is at Walsalll.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: