blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:02:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  New nickname for Mr Thew?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New nickname for Mr Thew?  (Read 4534 times)
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 08:16:42 AM »

Not sure of chip counts or anything but Blondite Womble has made todays final TV table in the celeb thing. Now I dont know if Yoyo has made it as well but I imagine they will have swapped a little percentage (they swapped in The Orleans main event which womble chopped with "at it" and roland). Maybe Julian "percentage" Thew is appropriate.

ariston

better lucky than good
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 11:27:50 AM »

'Yoyo' is still the most apt for his style of play.  Nicknames are a strange thing - if you try and come up with one it never works and hardly ever sticks but when one develops over time and just emerges - thats when they are the best.  Its like 'the camel' - everyone knows the camel, he is the camel and will forever be the camel.  The same goes for 'burnley' john, elblondie, 'aces' trumper and of course Devilfish and many more that we recognise. - they all derive from a feature or a story.- and its never "oh, this bloke called it me once so i just took it" - they nearly always mean something.

Maybe we should just let nicknames develop and emerge rather than forcing them into existence.

IMO
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 11:53:43 AM »

Greg "Thats put an end to your fun" Hill

The older I get, the better I was.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 12:03:48 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 12:24:07 PM »

I thought thats how nicknames started...someone calls you it once and it sticks. I know thats how I got mine and most people got theirs.

ariston

better lucky than good
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 01:22:10 PM »

there's a fella here in brum that gives players nicknames, he even invented devilfish!!
Steven Au Yeung is his name:- www.devilfishpoker.co.uk

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

There's another one who "invented" Yoyo, but he gets a bit protective of them.

I think his name is Greg !

Wink Wink Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 06:52:38 PM »

lol
sorry to be a killjoy.
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 09:29:06 PM »

don't be worrying about a few percent john, my winners more than compensate for the losers!

ariston, i have no idea what HU match you refer to.

any news on womble?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 09:39:17 PM »

'Yoyo' is still the most apt for his style of play. Nicknames are a strange thing - if you try and come up with one it never works and hardly ever sticks but when one develops over time and just emerges - thats when they are the best. Its like 'the camel' - everyone knows the camel, he is the camel and will forever be the camel. The same goes for 'burnley' john, elblondie, 'aces' trumper and of course Devilfish and many more that we recognise. - they all derive from a feature or a story.- and its never "oh, this bloke called it me once so i just took it" - they nearly always mean something.

Maybe we should just let nicknames develop and emerge rather than forcing them into existence.

IMO

I just thought it was funny that William Hill thought that Mr T was a "god of poker".

If the Yanks have got "Jesus" we should go one better and have God. Who better than Julian?

He's God from now on as far as I'm concerned.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 09:52:20 PM »

Im not going to remind you julian as that was the only win I had on my vegas adventure  Embarrassed Dont know wether that reflects badly on me or you more.

ariston

better lucky than good
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 05:10:08 PM »

Julian, I would like to suggest the following:

JULIAN" I don't play as good as Tikay" Thew!

I think this would work very well in the general public, maybe even get you some more sponsorship money, and all kinds of sympathy from the other poker players you play against! Maybe?

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2005, 01:14:24 PM »

Well I know for a FACT that Julian woul NEVER, NEVER EVER, pass TT to a RR from me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: