blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Spell Checker added to blonde
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spell Checker added to blonde  (Read 9116 times)
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2006, 11:56:21 AM »

Although the new checker highlights spelling and may make members expect it from others, people who were mocked before may choose to use the checker now, therby resulting in less errors, and consequently less mockery. Therefore, the level of mockery will probably balance out.

nope, the level of mockery will continue at its usual high level, it will just all be aimed in your direction now instead........... Wink

sponsored by Fyffes
Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2006, 12:23:44 PM »

It won't mark out the here   vs    hear

or

their   there   they're

Liberavi animam meam
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2006, 12:44:45 PM »

Nor will it fry an egg. 

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2006, 12:45:31 PM »

or

their   there   they're

No, it won't. because they are not spelling errors - they are the wrong words, but spelt correctly.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Trace

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2006, 12:54:42 PM »

or

their   there   they're

No, it won't. because they are not spelling errors - they are the wrong words, but spelt correctly.......

and here's me thinking I was being facetious!

Liberavi animam meam
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2006, 01:05:12 PM »

One of only 2 words in the english language to use all the vowels, once only, in the right order.

Pint of lemonade at BB3 to whoever can get the other one.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2006, 01:06:58 PM »

AERIOUS
Can i have a vodka in it?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2006, 01:13:41 PM »

AERIOUS
Can i have a vodka in it?

Bugger - there's more than the 2.... there's 8.  To many smart-arses googlers on Blonde...

That wasn't the one I was looking for.... the one I'm looking for had a clue in the drink offer....

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2006, 01:49:34 PM »

Have the headings on the forum always been scroll down?   I never realised if you hold your mouse cursor over the bits at the top of the page  HOME  ESSENTIALS  COMMUNITY  etc.  They have a scroll down bit. 

That is scary.  I have been here for 17 days and 10hrs and never noticed that before.  Cheesy
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2006, 01:57:02 PM »

Have the headings on the forum always been scroll down?   I never realised if you hold your mouse cursor over the bits at the top of the page  HOME  ESSENTIALS  COMMUNITY  etc.  They have a scroll down bit. 

That is scary.  I have been here for 17 days and 10hrs and never noticed that before.  Cheesy

I think that is also a "new addition"

I can see the reasoning behind putting them on, but they are driving me nuts already!

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2006, 02:06:58 PM »

or

their   there   they're

So that's two of us......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2006, 02:09:34 PM »

I can see the reasoning behind putting them on, but they are driving me nuts already![/color]
[/quote]

me too

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2006, 02:14:12 PM »

No, that's brand new.

The idea is that it makes it easier to navigate across to the Main Site which is something we need to get Members to do.

We want to carry ads on the main Site, & keep them to a minimum (BPL apart) on the Forum, but unless Members go to the Main Site more often, that won't work. So we are trying to encourage more traffic by making it easier to get across.

I had agreed with everyone that under no circumstances was the change to be implemented without me knowing in advance, so that I could forewarn the Members - they don't like the place altered without them being made aware. Clearly, there was a communication fauilure. My apologies.

Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2006, 02:31:30 PM »

The idea is that it makes it easier to navigate across to the Main Site which is something we need to get Members to do.

We want to carry ads on the main Site, & keep them to a minimum (BPL apart) on the Forum, but unless Members go to the Main Site more often, that won't work. So we are trying to encourage more traffic by making it easier to get across.

I had agreed with everyone that under no circumstances was the change to be implemented without me knowing in advance, so that I could forewarn the Members - they don't like the place altered without them being made aware. Clearly, there was a communication fauilure. My apologies.

I have no problem with them being in place, and understand why they are there, but It's making it easier to navigate anywhere but where I want to go!!! Is it possible to get them to change them from a "rollover" event to a "on click" event?

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Trace

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2006, 02:38:11 PM »

I find the roll over a pain in the @$$ when on the main site, cos you can bet your life it drops down and covers over what I really want to get to!!

I'm with Jane on this one - clickable not roll over please.

Liberavi animam meam
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: