blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Advice on Situation Please
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice on Situation Please  (Read 2599 times)
Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 03:07:37 AM »

never understood what that means, would be good to find out

You hit your hand but its no good and you end up paying off the other player.

The flop comes KQQ and he thinks he is good and doubles Jane up.

Or in this mugs case he hits his 5 on a QJ5 flop and gets it in Cheesy

Gotcha. Don't get how it comes into this hand though, we're pretty sure Jane is ahead pre-flop, so what reverse implied odds does she have?, she's already in front and at worst will normally be 60/40 in her favour.

I reckon other scenarios cancel this out too, if Jane misses flop and he pushes, he might get the fold.

She didnt, he did, i was refering to your post about the EV of his actions.

I knew deep down that i should never find out WTF reverse implied odds means. I'm more lost than i was without having asked.

So he has reverse implied odds if the flop comes KQQ and Jane doubles from him? WTF

Is K6 a hand that anyone plays for implied odds of any sort? Surely its played as value not for implied possibilities?

It is wiser to let people think you are a fool, than open open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 03:16:10 AM »

never understood what that means, would be good to find out

You hit your hand but its no good and you end up paying off the other player.

The flop comes KQQ and he thinks he is good and doubles Jane up.

Or in this mugs case he hits his 5 on a QJ5 flop and gets it in Cheesy

Gotcha. Don't get how it comes into this hand though, we're pretty sure Jane is ahead pre-flop, so what reverse implied odds does she have?, she's already in front and at worst will normally be 60/40 in her favour.

I reckon other scenarios cancel this out too, if Jane misses flop and he pushes, he might get the fold.

She didnt, he did, i was refering to your post about the EV of his actions.

I knew deep down that i should never find out WTF reverse implied odds means. I'm more lost than i was without having asked.

So he has reverse implied odds if the flop comes KQQ and Jane doubles from him? WTF

Is K6 a hand that anyone plays for implied odds of any sort? Surely its played as value not for implied possibilities?

Your playing Kx to hit the K yes? Thats your 'value' or implied odds, you think if you hit your K you will take your oppo's stack. Well what if you are up against AK, you hit your K and you lose. Your percieved value or 'implied odds' turn out to be 'reverse implied odds'

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 03:42:24 AM »

So reverse implied odds is something that can happen to you, not something you would ever choose to look for.

Is this not one of the additional scenarios i mentioned previously? I didn't calculate it as the odds on a KQQ flop here are long and as such will be cancelled out by scenarios that are advantageous?

It is wiser to let people think you are a fool, than open open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 01:54:34 PM »

So reverse implied odds is something that can happen to you, not something you would ever choose to look for.

Is this not one of the additional scenarios i mentioned previously? I didn't calculate it as the odds on a KQQ flop here are long and as such will be cancelled out by scenarios that are advantageous?

Q52 is not that long a shot though and mateboy with K5 would like that flop, and yes RIP  Cheesy is someting you want to avoid.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 02:29:56 PM »

I'd just push it all in preflop, give them a chance to make a hero call (and players like this do that, and often) also, its a satellite, so you dont need to win all the chips, just enough to survive.. so taking down pots isn't such a terrible thing

tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 01:05:12 PM »

"This happened 3 times to myself, and he was hitting with everyone more than missing (Wayne_Izard  had just managed a nice trebled up, thanks to him not laying down bottom pair), so when for the 3rd time I take him on, I said to myself if I hit either of my cards I have no choice but to move in. Unlucky? bad timing or what?"

Table '27639395 3' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: gernn (5812 in chips)
Seat 3: meggsy (10985 in chips)
Seat 4: Wayne_Izard (16788 in chips)
Seat 5: knuckles61 (35875 in chips)
Seat 6: Ginger_MMM (8107 in chips)
Seat 7: lucia2004 (9078 in chips)
Seat 8: munchkin_man (5675 in chips)
Seat 9: londonbred (7155 in chips)
gernn: posts the ante 50
meggsy: posts the ante 50
Wayne_Izard: posts the ante 50
knuckles61: posts the ante 50
Ginger_MMM: posts the ante 50
lucia2004: posts the ante 50
munchkin_man: posts the ante 50
londonbred: posts the ante 50
knuckles61: posts small blind 300
Ginger_MMM: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ginger_MMM [ Ah]
lucia2004: folds
munchkin_man: folds
londonbred: folds
gernn: folds
meggsy: folds
Wayne_Izard: folds
knuckles61: calls 300
Ginger_MMM: raises 1800 to 2400
knuckles61: calls 1800
*** FLOP *** [  ]
knuckles61: checks
Ginger_MMM: bets 5657 and is all-in
knuckles61: calls 5657
*** TURN *** [  ] []
*** RIVER *** [   ] []
knuckles61: shows [ ] (a pair of Kings)
Ginger_MMM: shows [ Ah] (a pair of Queens)
knuckles61 collected 16514 from pot
Total pot 16514 | Rake 0
Board [    ]
Seat 5: knuckles61 (small blind) showed [ ] and won (16514) with a pair of Kings

In your own very words you are expressing the frustration ..... so therefore you are determinedt o trap him and got his chips- this is your 1 st error

2nd, with AQ you want to push all in pre-flop against this kind of player - no fancy play here if he calls and wins tough move on but u had a chance there- He would probably fold.
on the flop you only have middle pair so not good enough for me to go all in against anyone who plays any two.
move on and wait for a better spot.

in fact i would probably limp with AQ against someone like this guy.

and pick a better spot with stronger holding to get his chips.

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: