blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 518984 times)
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 11:28:16 PM »

is there a reason you have took nearly 2 months to comment on something i wrote back then nem??

leeds are a club steeped in history but cannot now be classed as a big club. they get less than 18,000 at home games whereas a team like charlton get mid 20k would you call charlton a big club?

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 11:47:31 PM »

Leeds will always be a big club and bigger then the likes of Charlton and half the other prem teams whatever division Leeds are in.

Lots of reasons why Leeds average 19000 this season, mainly due to the fact they are crap and the cost of watching is at premiership levels.

Ken Bates cut ALL local community tickets the City got given when he took over, stopped the subsides for OAP season tickets and basically made it very expensive for a typical Northern city. With all these measures he brought in it cut 10,000 people stopped coming right away. *Clever man this MR BATES*

The factors why Leeds will always be a big club is Leeds is the biggest city in the UK with just one footy club. The history and the fact that if we start winning we will get 42000 attending, week in week out.

Charlton struggle to get full houses of 30,000 in the top flight, same as Bolton, Wigan, Boro etc etc etc.. If you simply cant get decent crowds in the top flight then your nothing more then a small club shooting above their station.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 11:49:56 PM by Acidmouse » Logged
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 11:52:08 PM »

23,000 glory hunters

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 11:57:10 PM »

23,000 glory hunters

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 12:00:14 AM »

Nah most just cant afford it now.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 12:02:20 AM »

is there a reason you have took nearly 2 months to comment on something i wrote back then nem??

I have just seen this thread
leeds are a club steeped in history but cannot now be classed as a big club. they get less than 18,000 at home games whereas a team like charlton get mid 20k would you call charlton a big club?

If Leeds were in the Premier League they would be getting 40,000 every week like they did a couple of years back. If Leeds were in the top division, they would definitely be a top 8/9 team (size wise)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 12:04:10 AM »

Not worth it Nem he got proved wrong and made a little joke to cover that fact his post was piss poor and had no substance.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 12:17:19 AM by Acidmouse » Logged
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 12:06:53 AM »

I disagree that the supporters cannot afford it though. They would just rather spend their money on something decent!
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 12:13:54 AM »

Well without the exact figures available the number of OAP season ticket holders must have halfed at least now they have to pay over double the cost from two years ago, my Dad being one. East stand upper used to be full of old people Tongue
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 12:22:46 AM »

Not worth it Nem he got proved wrong and made a little joke to cover that fact his post was piss poor and had no substance. Might as well talk to my wife she knows more about footy.

in your mind i was proved wrong but not necessarily in the mind of others. thats what debate is about isnt it?differences of opinion.

why u feel the need to describe my posts as piss poor i dont know but if it makes you feel better then continue.

as for lacking substance then maybe you should look a little closer  at your own posts which contradict themselves.

you say that the reason the crowds are low is because people cannot afford it then you also say that if they start winning then they will get 42k there!

what they gonna do let em in for free?obviously in the premiership and winning will cost more to attend so how they gonna afford it then?

Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 12:29:38 AM »

Bates took the support for granted. The result is current low attendance.

Most of the supporters can afford it, but they know when they are being stiffed.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006, 12:32:12 AM »

I said the crowd size was the combination of many things, not just one, a winning team, cost of tickets, promotion. The cost of watching Leeds has basically doubled for many fans since we went down and Bates took over. People are obviously going to pay more or be willing to part with their money for a better product.

But the whole point of your post was based on the size of the crowd watching a team determines if a club is BIG or not. It clearly does not because of a number of reasons outlined.

If you can justify to me why half the premiership clubs are bigger then Leeds in term of stature and not just based on crowd size then we are getting somewhere.

I would describe anyone trolling threads and making posts that lack substance and general background knowledge piss poor, its just not you.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2006, 12:35:08 AM »

Gentlemen, it may not be Celtic Rangers but the same rules for flaming, insults and abuse apply

Please stop or we may have to interfere where we don't want to

Thank you

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2006, 12:37:19 AM »

This argument is silly.

How do you measure the 'size' of a football club, and why does it matter anyway?

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2006, 12:38:21 AM »

This argument is silly.

How do you measure the 'size' of a football club, and why does it matter anyway?

Tape measure.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: