blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Hand Histories. What should I be looking for?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand Histories. What should I be looking for?  (Read 2020 times)
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 03:43:09 PM »

lol  matt.  I know I have discussed this before, but I have been using them in the wrong way.  I spoke to a guy on pokerstars who said you need pokertracker to use hand histories properly.  I usually just have a look while playing, I wasn't sure what I was suppose to be looking for. I don't have pokertracker anymore as I couldn't really see what I was meant to be looking for with it.  Generally I know what cards to play from different postions and am fairly strict about doing this.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »

I mainly use hand histories to:

(i) see how accurate my guesstimate of his hand was

(ii) work out what sort of hands he is calling me with

(iii) analyse whether or not I played the hand correctly
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 04:07:01 PM »

hand histories are gateways to opponents playing styles... when u check them dont just casually do it to see how YOU played the hand.. do it to see how THEY played it, as its a normal trait that opponents usually play certain hands the same way (at the lower levels anyways)... so use that information to your benefit. Analyse the flop/turn and river play, dont just take a quick look, see what they had, and then dispose of the information. Its the path to financial enlightenment. Walk it proudly. Also use them to see if you are playing hands the same way, and if you are, stop it. Randomize it a bit more.. slam on a music list with 50% female groups and 50% male groups.. if the male is singing, play ur draws fast and ur made hands slow.. if its a female, do the opposite. Use it to remove all traces of exploitability from your game, and use it to exploit all traces of the same in your opponents game.

Once you can start figuring out their hand based on their betting pattern, both previous and current,  its very hard to lose money against these people.

Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »

Thanks folks for the feedback.  I have just spent the last 20 mins going through my HH from last nights Limit Hold-em game on Pokerstars. I have already identifield one weak area in my play, I raise to often with A,J from early postion and then call re-raises with it. I didn't think I did this  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: