blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:53:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Anyone folding here?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone folding here?  (Read 1041 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2006, 10:43:36 AM »

Playing the £30 re-buy super sat last night at Notts for a seat in the BH £500 comp.  8 seats to play for and there is approx 36 players left.  Average chips is about 9,000 and the blinds are 200-400.  I have about 12k in chips and am 2nd chip leader on my table but there are some huge stack elsewhere in the room.

UTG, i look down and see  .  This has been a fairly lively table with frequent raises and for some reason there have been some huge overbets by 3 people at the table with hands like 10-10, J-J and Q-Q, AK, so my plan is to limp and hope someone presents me with huge value by over-raising, whilst knocking out the other players.  I can also re-raise or trap here as long as someone raises.  I am also aware that i have only shown premium hands so far and have hardly raised at all pre-flop, especially from early position so a raise here is going to surely give away my hand.  To my annoyance we get 4 limpers and no-one raises so in my mind i am already preparing myself for a fold post flop here, which with my stack i am ok with.

The flop comes  two hearts three diamonds

Top set!... I like this flop and after the blinds both check, i bet out 1000 into a 2,200 pot, this looks fishy on reflection but i wanted someone to reraise me with two pairs or a draw.  I get one caller (a solid(ish) player but he has a penchant for huge over bets pre-flop and loves his raggy aces), so the pot is now 4,200. 

The turn is   

I bet out 2000 and the caller, who is the only guy at the table who has me covered pushes all-in.  I have 8,200 in chips left so plenty to play with at this current level but with the blinds approaching me and about to go up and with just a 20 minute clock i haven't got that much breathing space.  I am only losing to one hand (4-5) and there are several hands he could have that i am beating (A2, A3, 22, 33, flush draw, straight draw).  I don't put him on QQ as he will almost certainly have raised pre-flop or pushed his entire stack in as he did this about 30 minutes earlier.  He could have AQ but i am certain he raises pre-flop with that too.  So we have 4 made hands that i am beating, a whole lorry load of draws i am beating and two made hands that i am beating but i don't think he could have.

What should i do?, call or fold?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:58:12 AM »

100% call.

How can you not?

if he's got 4-5 then good luck to him, if not (and so many of his hands you are beating ) you more or less lock up your seat for the bigger event

Even if he has 4-5 you can redraw to a house

I expect he has got 4-5 and that's why you are posting!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 10:58:52 AM »

Call, but he has KJ possible both spades too and he hits on the river.

totalise

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 11:09:45 AM »

call

50p

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 11:15:28 AM »

100% call

And you say a lively table?

I would of made a preflop raise (say 3xbb) for two reasons :

1) Lively table probably get a caller, or maybe even a re raise steal type bet

2) Everyone folds and I pick up the blinds - show the Aces to re-iterate my already tight image, then I can play loose and steal plenty of pots.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:18:46 AM »

call...as tighty says , if he has 4 5 then good luck to him......................btw  not many places left , get your name down for BB3

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 11:37:45 AM »

get them in!

I agree with everything Tighty says!!

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »

thanks chaps.
yes, he had 4-5 and i didn't re-draw. - just wanted to get opinions on this.

I didn't raise preflop as there were about 3 players on the table who were raising when there were a couple of limpers in so i was setting a trap really. I honestly think if i raise pre-flop i just win the blinds, and i don't want to do that. - risk v reward and all that :-)

thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: