blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Bonus Whoring...scourge of my life
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bonus Whoring...scourge of my life  (Read 5553 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2005, 09:37:34 AM »

How about Megson leaves forest in the shyt, will that do ?

I did warn you that I didn't like the cut of his jib when he got the job.

When will the forest board start listening to me Red ?

Huh?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2005, 09:54:57 AM »

The Forest board will listen to you when you  "invest" your millions Ralph

preferably cash in brown envelopes, free from the attentions of the Vat man and the taxman.

Unless of course that was the old board only!!!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2005, 10:08:55 AM »

Bad weekend for Nottingham when the Magpies allow another to join them at the top of their Division, I share your pain  Wink
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 01:46:20 PM by Robert HM » Logged

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2005, 01:22:51 PM »

WHAT "old timer" RFC? Careful now.......

And does anyone know who sits atop of League One?

By the way, what a GREAT thread this is, some tremendously insightful ppsts by, amongst others, Sheriff, & BellyBuster.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2005, 06:39:02 PM »

Right, been away for the weekend, partly to watch Barnsley destroy Forest (who's fans were chanting 'What a load of rubbish' before half-time).

Just to re-inforce what has already been said by redsimon, you can withdraw freely from Stars after depositing without affecting your accrued bonues.  The only restriction, I believe,  is that you have to leave the cash in there for 48 hours before doing so.  I've just deposited and withdrawn for the latest bonus without playing a single hand there and there are 5 bonuses waiting to be cleared at some point in the future.

The same applies for Paradise Poker bonuses.

Another point, redsimon mentioned that Prima skins count raked hands as those where you participated in the pot (i.e. were financially involved even if it was posting a small blind and the folding).  This is no longer the case - they changed the rule a while back after much campaigning/lobbying so they, like most sites, now count hands where you have simply been dealt cards and a rake is taken from the pot.  I'm not aware of them subsequently reversing this decision.

Sheriff

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2005, 06:55:36 PM »

Another point, redsimon mentioned that Prima skins count raked hands as those where you participated in the pot (i.e. were financially involved even if it was posting a small blind and the folding).  This is no longer the case - they changed the rule a while back after much campaigning/lobbying so they, like most sites, now count hands where you have simply been dealt cards and a rake is taken from the pot.  I'm not aware of them subsequently reversing this decision.

Sheriff

When did prima change it? I tried to take some out of "Pokerchamps" a Prima skin and they claimed I hadn't met the raked hands criteria. (This was in May). they wouldn't even let me take out only my initial deposit until I met the criteria despite building the $250 deposited up to $500. AFAIK its still mouldering there. Angry

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2005, 07:16:37 PM »

When did prima change it? I tried to take some out of "Pokerchamps" a Prima skin and they claimed I hadn't met the raked hands criteria. (This was in May). they wouldn't even let me take out only my initial deposit until I met the criteria despite building the $250 deposited up to $500. AFAIK its still mouldering there. Angry

Gaming Club changed it in December last year - I assumed other Prima skins did too but perhaps it was just TGC.

Their rep announced it on 2+2 - Gaming Club Post

Sheriff

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2005, 08:16:24 PM »

http://www.pokermetro.com/promo_matchplay_tc.asp

looks like not all prima skins are equal...

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2005, 06:01:38 PM »

Thanks for the stuff about Prima Sheriff. I tried again and after 4 emails (they thought I'd deposited by c/c and wanted birth cert photo id, urine and blood samples Cheesy etc) they have credited my balance onto Neteller. A welcome bonus as I'd written the money off as impossible to extract (without playing an innumerable number of pots on a site I hated the design of).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 07:34:09 PM by redsimon » Logged

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2005, 07:22:20 PM »

Only urine and blood - you got off lightly!

Glad you got a result (unlike on Saturday  Grin).

Personally, I don't mind the Prima set-up.  It was one of the first places I played so familiarity probably has something to do with it.  I also prefer their mini-view to the UB version which I've never managed to get on with.

Sheriff

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: