blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:08:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bolton Extravaganza - Interactive Live Update, Day One
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bolton Extravaganza - Interactive Live Update, Day One  (Read 24394 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

Paul King, who tells me that unfortunately he's had, to put it mildly, some car trouble recently, is off the mark with over 20k already(!) which puts him near the top of the early leaders, which is all as well because he's "got to win it to replace the car."

He's "slowplayed pocket Tens" spiking a set on the flop, and turning a house, while his opponent seemed intent on re-raising his check-raise with AQ... Then another set, this time the apt Kings, and he's raced ahead.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:01:40 PM by Djinn » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2006, 08:03:35 PM »

Some big names playing today:

Michael Fletcher, Leonard Hodgkinson, Martino Libertini

All 15 letters or above!
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2006, 08:05:36 PM »

snoops, can you tell barry neville that he is a mug .     then RUN !!

For the first pic of the night:  A picture says a thousand words...well, nine will do...

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2006, 08:06:59 PM »

did you manage to say xx and hello from me ?

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2006, 08:08:13 PM »

Sitting here and getting very tempted to pop over and watch it live...

AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2006, 08:08:36 PM »

Hi guys, the B team is here too, in the shape of me. I'm here representing Blue Square but will pipe up every now and again with a few updates.

Anyway, here's an update of my nightmare getting here today. Last night I went to the local car hire place to pick up a car that had been ordered and pre-paid by Blue Square. There was a horrific queue and there were 26 people ahead of me. I settled down to wait, reading the evening paper. About an hour later, there were still 10 people ahead of me when I realised that my driving license was not in my wallet, as it should be. So, I hurried home, hoping to find it and rejoin the queue before my number was called. An hour later, having ripped my flat apart I still had not found it. By now they would have closed. Another hour later and I'm still none the wiser as to the wheareabouts of my licencse. I also now realise that a few other important bits of paper are also missing (no, not rizlas) and that maybe I was a bit hasty in doing a clear out of the flat a few days earlier. Anyway, I resigned myself to not finding it and having to get the train instead. Ordinarily I don't mind going by train, but not when I've got loads of merchandise with me.

So, this morning I'm about to leave to get the train and as I opened the front pocket of my suitcase to put something in, there, staring me in the face, was my driving license. It must have been the only place in my whole flat I had not checked. A quick call to the car hire place and yes, they can still rent me the car. So, I think my problems are over - not so - when I get to the car hire place I discover another horrific queue. An hour later I'm getting served, only to be told that the car hire was not fully paid for and they will have to swipe £550 off my credit card before they let me drive off with a car. Oops, this is why I had it pre-paid - as I am not (by choice) the owner of a credit card. Anyway, 20 mins of arguing, phonecalls and a contact lense popping out of my eye later and its all sorted. Now all I had left to contend with was a 220 mile drive. There were 5 hours left before the tournament got underway. I made it, just.
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2006, 08:11:44 PM »

And mighty glad you made too so say all of us..you need to find yourself a good woman to get you organised..

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2006, 08:12:39 PM »

Sitting here and getting very tempted to pop over and watch it live...

Do it!  You can hang out in the shadowy corner, if you're lucky... and you can wish Barry Good Luck in a more personal, direct sort of way...

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2006, 08:14:22 PM »

hmm maybe i will stay home ... Cool

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2006, 08:15:36 PM »

RED-DOG just encountered one of those 'I thought the bet was only this much, how do I ask if I have to keep that in without looking weak'

His opponent at the time was Nadhim Lodhi and the bet was 2.4k into a board of Two Clubs

Tom didn't spot the cheeky purple chip, and chucked in 1.4k, only then to be informed by the dealer that it's 2.4k to call.

There was a pause for a while, before Tom decided to ask if he was obliged to call, clearly not fancying paying out the extra thousand.

Knowing that his opponent might spot his weakness and push him off the winning hand on the River with a big bet, Tom, IMO, wisely decided to fold a strong, but very beatable 9-2.

The 1.4k was returned to his stack.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2006, 08:16:24 PM »

Messrs Medley and Hicks; a chipped up Paul King; the ultrablonde (or is it brown?) corner of RED DOG and Pab...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2006, 08:18:15 PM »

RED-DOG just encountered one of those 'I thought the bet was only this much, how do I ask if I have to keep that in without looking weak'

His opponent at the time was Nadhim Lodhi and the bet was 2.4k into a board of Two Clubs

Tom didn't spot the cheeky purple chip, and chucked in 1.4k, only then to be informed by the dealer that it's 2.4k to call.

There was a pause for a while, before Tom decided to ask if he was obliged to call, clearly not fancying paying out the extra thousand.

Knowing that his opponent might spot his weakness and push him off the winning hand on the River with a big bet, Tom, IMO, wisely decided to fold a strong, but very beatable 9-2.

The 1.4k was returned to his stack.

Just been informed that Nadhim held 9-7 for a bigger two pair.

Good fold!
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2006, 08:21:35 PM »

Here's the lineup for table One, pretty fun to watch, but wouldn't want to have drawn it:

Marc Goodwin
Mickey Wernick
Richard Herbert
Wasim Akhtar
Derek Malone
Andrew Johnson
Julian Thew
Simon Cawley
Lee Rich
John Exley

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2006, 08:25:49 PM »

has julian got his thumb bandaged up ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2006, 08:26:14 PM »

Barry Neville is OUT

Pocket Queens vs Pocket Deueces

all-in on a 2-x-x flop
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: