blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Reflection of the poker year so far
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reflection of the poker year so far  (Read 1009 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

At the start of the year, someone posted a thread where we said what we'd aim for in poker this year.  I'd been reflecting on the year so far earlier and when I saw Dale's post about September goals, I thought this kind of ties in with it for me.

At the end of this month, I'll have been playing poker for a year.  I don't think I set myself any particular goals except that I'd love to have played live which I can cross off my list, and that I'd love to play in a major event which was an on going goal and not really one for the year.

My years' been great fun and I think I've definitely got a lot better.   I've had a few nice wins and cashes in multi tables and am showing an ok ROI in stt's at the moment.

I'm still bumming around at low level ($10 and less) stt's which I'm a bit disappointed at.  I'd like to be playing for a few more $$ but every time I bump up my bankroll and move up, I don't let myself take too many hits before moving back down a level.  I've started playing mtt's for a few more dollars than I used too (up to $30ish) and had a couple of nice cashes recently.

Am I up overall?  Probably.  I have a better bankroll than I'd ever consider depositing - and in 3 accounts - a nice total overall so I must be up - there's no way I'd have spent that much without realising.  I've also recently realised that most of my profits have come from mtt's rather than sng's.  Sit and Go's allow my bankroll to increase at a small rate but the mtt's put a nice amount in when I've cashed.  I'd say over 80% of the notable increase in my BR has come from mtt's - I should stick to them, but I don't like the variance when you go a while without cashing.  I don't do cash games, but it's an area I'd like to work at and perhaps I can play cash and mtt's rather than sng's at mtt's and get better results.

Best of all, I've bloody loved it.  It's a fantastic game.  No two games are ever the same.  It's funny how a game of cards can keep someone hooked for so many hours on end.   

How's your year going so far?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 11:45:29 AM by Silo Graham » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 12:25:25 PM »

Live good, five figures up at Luton and a festival chop earlier in the year. Haven't played live for three weeks now due to resting an injury, chomping at the bit....

Online in a bit of a slump to be honest, now lost my profit for the year. Getting me down a bit. Thinking hard about my online game, or lack of it

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 12:43:33 PM »

How did you get on at Wokingham last week?
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 12:47:09 PM »

Yeah ok Smiley

turned up at 8pm and was the only one there and at 8:40pm one of the organisers said that it doesn't look as if anyone else is going to show so I made a move home. I'd just got down the road when they called me saying they had enough for a table - 10 runners so I turned back. Played reasonably tight but opened up a bit and actually did ok. My £10 got me a decent stack but during one of the omaha hands, I managed to run into quad 6's with just a pair and had to rebuy. I started to get some decent cards and ended the rebuy period on about 6k. Another £10 for a 2k add-on and I was almost CL at the table. I continued to take a few pots and managed to avoid going out first. I ended up going out in 4th spot, 3rd paid money! At the time I thought I was just a bit unlucky but thinking about it after, it was a bad call from me.

It was omaha, I held 3 8 Q Q and called preflop (mistake no 1) Flop came 3 3 7. Person to my right bets the pot. I reraised for the rest of mine, she called and showed 3 7. Calling was mistake no 2. She obviously showed big strength in betting the pot so she either had 3 rag (in which case I was ahead possibly with a queen) 77, in which case I was massive behind or 3 7 (which she had) I can't see any other hands that would involve a pot bet (we were on 800/1600 blinds now) Needless to say, the queen or 8 never came and I went home in 4th spot.

Had a great night though, all the staff and players there were really friendly. Definatly something I want to do again. I need to play more live poker, I love it Cheesy

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 07:30:28 AM »

Very slow year for me. Not really played enough, not up as much as i was this time last year but still plenty up to keep me going!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 01:03:58 PM »

Very slow year for me. Not really played enough, not up as much as i was this time last year but still plenty up to keep me going!

or force you into a right hand seat?!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 07:11:15 PM »

or force you into a right hand seat?!

Not yet Cheesy

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Swordpoker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 09:03:10 PM »

Doing well.

I started playing just over a year ago (July). According to my stats I've put in 1,250 hours - surely they must be mistaken! Anyway, with my obsessiveness, I've gained a huge amount of experience in a short time.

I made a huge mistake recently playing in games beyond my bankroll and managed to wipe out 4 months profit in the space of 2 weeks. Lesson learned! I'm now gradually building back up.

I made the decision to go pro at the start of last month. Does that mean I have to put more hours in now?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: