blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Abuse at the table
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abuse at the table  (Read 2174 times)
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 02:59:51 PM »

We had a problem like this in Ramsgate, someone realised 2/3 hands later in the game that he had actually won... too late, tough luck... but he started having a go at the girl who had won the pot, and demanded money off of her if she wins anything (because OBVIOUSLY he would've won the game had it have not been for that :-S) Then when she came second and collected her money he commented as she walked past "I hope you enjoy spending my money" She ran off into the toilet and was crying bless her. I thought he was so out of order, it wasn't her fault. The guy, the dealer and the rest of the players hadn't noticed the winning hand, the cards had been mucked and shuffled, so its tough shit. The way he behaved was disgusting and made the girl feel terrible for the rest of the game.

The management dealt with it well though, they had a word with him and threatened him with a ban if it happens again.

scottm

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 03:01:33 PM »

Are you sure you are Scottish and not just A Scott? Cool Cheesy

Oi !!    Cheesy Cheesy
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 03:15:38 AM »

Cheers guys, good to know it's not me overreacting or being unsociable! We were all very unimpressed at the orginistaion in the cardroom, it's not up to scratch with Walsall or Luton at all yet. Part of the problem was that a lack of authority from the staff meant that players were able to have control of what happened too much, which made things more tricky.

I think this one was probably a case of the card room staff being weak, rather than a worrying attitude that this kind of thing is acceptable.
Swordpoker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 03:58:16 AM »

I think it's worth writing to the General Manager. Maybe even give the link to this thread. The supervisor is just as out of order as the bloke that insulted you.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: